iPhone X and iPhone 8 users less affected by battery issues

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I saw this article today, that I found interesting.

Apparently this years phones have more advanced power management, so should not have the shutdown issues of the older iPhones. Also, apparently the phone checks to ensure that the battery has the power required to execute the "task" it is given -- and only then will it take steps to prevent an unexpected shutdown. What Apple has appeared to say, the 8 and X phones won't be throttled the same way as the battery ages.

Just curious what people think of the article, particularly with how Apple throttled the older phones. Hopefully iOS 11.3 will help us even more, letting us know the health of the battery in our phones.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
All I can say is that I’ll not likely and hopefully ever have a phone long enough to be effected by decrepit battery issues.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
It has a different power management and that’s true but it doesn’t mean it won’t be throttled in the future. Apple announced a couple of weeks ago that only 6 and 7 models are affected by it.

We’ve been using X and 8 only for almost 3-4 months since the launch. You will only see the battery begins to degrade after using it at least a year.

I have 11.3 beta installed and I don’t have the option to turn off power management yet on my iPhone X because my battery still have 100% health. However, I have the option on my iPhone 6s Plus to turn it off but there’s a warning that it will cause the phone to shutdown unexpectedly.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It has a different power management and that’s true but it doesn’t mean it won’t be throttled in the future. Apple announced a couple of weeks ago that only 6 and 7 models are affected by it.

We’ve been using X and 8 only for almost 3-4 months since the launch. You will only see the battery begins to degrade after using it at least a year.

I have 11.3 beta installed and I don’t have the option to turn off power management yet on my iPhone X because my battery still have 100% health. However, I have the option on my iPhone 6s Plus to turn it off but there’s a warning that it will cause the phone to shutdown unexpectedly.

If you read the article, the claims are being made by Apple, that the power management system will make it so the 8 and X don't need to be throttled by software.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711