How about a Red or Blue Limited Edition X

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Wasnt a red X confirmed ?

Not that I'm aware of. I've heard some mention that there are rumors that an additional color (or colors) of the X may be announced soon, and that it is thought red will be included, but at this point I'm not aware of any confirmation.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. I've heard some mention that there are rumors that an additional color (or colors) of the X may be announced soon, and that it is thought red will be included, but at this point I'm not aware of any confirmation.

I think we will see gold next iPhone. Who knows maybe another color too. But I’m guessing we won’t see that until next iPhone. Rumors about red iPhone last year were going hot at this same time last year. Rumors are cold this same time this year.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I think we will see gold next iPhone. Who knows maybe another color too. But I’m guessing we won’t see that until next iPhone. Rumors about red iPhone last year were going hot at this same time last year. Rumors are cold this same time this year.

While you are likely correct, it does seem like a new color might help sell more phones, at a time when Apple has been criticized for low phone sales.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
While you are likely correct, it does seem like a new color might help sell more phones, at a time when Apple has been criticized for low phone sales.

But last year was a different story. It was mid year on a phone that was on its same design for the 3rd straight year. It needed a boost. The X being first year design, Apple won’t be too desperate. Sales are doing well enough.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
But last year was a different story. It was mid year on a phone that was on its same design for the 3rd straight year. It needed a boost. The X being first year design, Apple won’t be too desperate. Sales are doing well enough.

And this year the phone is considered overpriced and the older phone (8 and 8 Plus) has allegedly outsold the X. I don't think Apple is ever desperate -- at least that they'll show. As I said, you are likely correct that we won't see a new color.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
And this year the phone is considered overpriced and the older phone (8 and 8 Plus) has allegedly outsold the X. I don't think Apple is ever desperate -- at least that they'll show. As I said, you are likely correct that we won't see a new color.

Who is the source for allegedly? Tim Cook on most recent earnings conference call confirmed the X had been the top selling iPhone every week since it’s release. And that was the first 3 months. There is no info for the most recent month. So “allegedly” is a poor source to use

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Who is the source for allegedly? Tim Cook on most recent earnings conference call confirmed the X had been the top selling iPhone every week since it’s release. And that was the first 3 months. There is no info for the most recent month. So “allegedly” is a poor source to use

Just going by some industry reports I've seen, though since Apple doesn't release sales figures, it is hard to say. Of course, while the Apple X may have sold better since it has been released, the 8/Plus still had about a month and a half of sales prior to the X being released.

And this is ignoring how you can "play" with sales numbers. First, "top selling phone" likely is stating only that it has sold more than the 8 and more than the 8 Plus, not both combined. It also begs the question, though it sounds like he was saying units sold, "top selling" also could mean highest sales in dollars; where the 8 and 8 Plus would have to sell more units to equal the amount sold in dollars.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Just going by some industry reports I've seen, though since Apple doesn't release sales figures, it is hard to say. Of course, while the Apple X may have sold better since it has been released, the 8/Plus still had about a month and a half of sales prior to the X being released.

And this is ignoring how you can "play" with sales numbers. First, "top selling phone" likely is stating only that it has sold more than the 8 and more than the 8 Plus, not both combined. It also begs the question, though it sounds like he was saying units sold, "top selling" also could mean highest sales in dollars; where the 8 and 8 Plus would have to sell more units to equal the amount sold in dollars.

Sure it had a month head start but it didn’t even sell out preorder or launch weekend inventory. With the average selling price per unit is well up, that helps to you where money is being spent.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Bump. Anyone think it still might happen? When did the red 7+ come out last year?

The red iPhone 7 was released in March. Since we don’t work for Apple your guess is as good as ours. Unfortunately I wouldn’t bank on anything more than the usual PRODUCT(RED), if even that. I feel like they would have announced it at the event last week. It’s possible they release it during WWDC (or just roll it out without a formal event) but that doesn’t give it very much time to sell before new iPhones are released. Again, this is just my guess. I’m merely going by what they’ve done in the past.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I'll readily admit when I'm wrong. The PRODUCT red iPhone 8/8 Plus looks amazing!

I saw a 8 plus red version yesterday and it looks fantastic, I was really hoping they would have released a limited edition iPhone X red edition, but I don’t think that will happen any time soon.