I'd rather they didn't honestly. There's no way I'd buy another X, and I know I'd want it. Haha!
    02-13-2018 07:34 AM
    At $1K, I’m not sure how many Products Reds they’d sell. ...but we all know, there’s no real reason for the X to be $1K except for greed.
    Its considered Apple’s flagship device, and they do offer options that aren’t as expensive. Samsung’s flagship is $1000, too. It is what it is🤷🏾*♀️
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    02-15-2018 08:13 PM
    At $1K, I’m not sure how many Products Reds they’d sell. ...but we all know, there’s no real reason for the X to be $1K except for greed.
    Disagree, the materials aren't cheap. Stainless steel, the cameras, etc. Plus the R&D to make the phone, develop it, pay people, etc.

It's easily the nicest phone in the price bracket. Samsung's Note 8 and Pixel XL 2 aren't anywhere near as nice in terms of fit and finish, and quality. I own all three and can say this from experience.

Samsung comes much closer to Apple with the Note 8 in terms of hardware but it's still not as nice. That's my opinion though. Vote with your wallet. If it's too much or not worth it there are other options. The iPhone 8+ is great.
    02-17-2018 11:27 PM
    I would love the Product(RED)
    bakron1 and sleepnclass like this.
    02-22-2018 04:20 PM
    Different colors should be standard nowadays. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting tired of choosing between space gray, silver, and gold all the time. Red and blue options should be standard.
    bakron1, Frehley and ladyc0524 like this.
    02-22-2018 05:41 PM
    Disagree, the materials aren't cheap. Stainless steel, the cameras, etc. Plus the R&D to make the phone, develop it, pay people, etc.

It's easily the nicest phone in the price bracket. Samsung's Note 8 and Pixel XL 2 aren't anywhere near as nice in terms of fit and finish, and quality. I own all three and can say this from experience.

Samsung comes much closer to Apple with the Note 8 in terms of hardware but it's still not as nice. That's my opinion though. Vote with your wallet. If it's too much or not worth it there are other options. The iPhone 8+ is great.
    The cameras are better on the Pixel 2 XL and it manages to be less expensive. The Pixel 2 XL's rear camera can do most of the gimmicks from iPhone X's camera, but better and with a single lens. But I agree with you that the build quality on the iPhone X is better than the P2XL's build quality.
    02-22-2018 05:43 PM
    The cameras are better on the Pixel 2 XL and it manages to be less expensive. The Pixel 2 XL's rear camera can do most of the gimmicks from iPhone X's camera, but better and with a single lens. But I agree with you that the build quality on the iPhone X is better than the P2XL's build quality.
    This isn't completely true. There is an advantage to having the second telephoto camera, trying to take a similar "telephoto" picture on the Pixel 2 XL will not have a comparable quality. Also, the iPhone is still rated as taking better video than the Pixel 2 phones -- each phone has their own strengths. And the build quality (particularly the Samsung OLED panel and the Stainless Steel), as well as the extra camera and other features, are why the iPhone X is more expensive.

As others have said, you have to judge what is important to you and buy what fits you the best. It is great having choices.
    02-22-2018 05:55 PM
    I agree and I would even bet if Apple made a red/white/blue model, it would sell enough to justify the special color production run.
    Frehley likes this.
    02-23-2018 05:37 AM
    Different colors should be standard nowadays. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting tired of choosing between space gray, silver, and gold all the time. Red and blue options should be standard.
    I agree and I would even bet if Apple made a red/white/blue model, it would sell enough to justify the special color production run.
    02-23-2018 05:37 AM
    They need more than the same old grey and silver, especially given the display is one color now they need to offer perhaps the 256GB (or hopefully 512GB) in other colors, make that the key to the larger edition.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    02-25-2018 07:57 PM
    I really hope Apple does another product red iPhone. I really want a red iPhone X. I’d buy it instantly.
    bakron1 likes this.
    03-12-2018 03:36 AM
    I really hope Apple does another product red iPhone. I really want a red iPhone X. I’d buy it instantly.
    You and me both.
    sleepnclass likes this.
    03-12-2018 04:57 AM
    Last year rumors hit everywhere from the supply chain. Nothing this year so I'd say very very unlikely.
    03-12-2018 09:25 AM
    Wasnt a red X confirmed ?
    03-12-2018 06:06 PM
    Where? Link to this please.
    03-12-2018 06:24 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. I've heard some mention that there are rumors that an additional color (or colors) of the X may be announced soon, and that it is thought red will be included, but at this point I'm not aware of any confirmation.
    03-12-2018 07:08 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. I've heard some mention that there are rumors that an additional color (or colors) of the X may be announced soon, and that it is thought red will be included, but at this point I'm not aware of any confirmation.
    I think we will see gold next iPhone. Who knows maybe another color too. But I’m guessing we won’t see that until next iPhone. Rumors about red iPhone last year were going hot at this same time last year. Rumors are cold this same time this year.
    03-12-2018 10:11 PM
    I think we will see gold next iPhone. Who knows maybe another color too. But I’m guessing we won’t see that until next iPhone. Rumors about red iPhone last year were going hot at this same time last year. Rumors are cold this same time this year.
    While you are likely correct, it does seem like a new color might help sell more phones, at a time when Apple has been criticized for low phone sales.
    03-13-2018 02:16 PM
    While you are likely correct, it does seem like a new color might help sell more phones, at a time when Apple has been criticized for low phone sales.
    But last year was a different story. It was mid year on a phone that was on its same design for the 3rd straight year. It needed a boost. The X being first year design, Apple won’t be too desperate. Sales are doing well enough.
    03-13-2018 02:21 PM
    But last year was a different story. It was mid year on a phone that was on its same design for the 3rd straight year. It needed a boost. The X being first year design, Apple won’t be too desperate. Sales are doing well enough.
    And this year the phone is considered overpriced and the older phone (8 and 8 Plus) has allegedly outsold the X. I don't think Apple is ever desperate -- at least that they'll show. As I said, you are likely correct that we won't see a new color.
    03-13-2018 02:45 PM
    And this year the phone is considered overpriced and the older phone (8 and 8 Plus) has allegedly outsold the X. I don't think Apple is ever desperate -- at least that they'll show. As I said, you are likely correct that we won't see a new color.
    Who is the source for allegedly? Tim Cook on most recent earnings conference call confirmed the X had been the top selling iPhone every week since it’s release. And that was the first 3 months. There is no info for the most recent month. So “allegedly” is a poor source to use
    03-13-2018 02:50 PM
    Who is the source for allegedly? Tim Cook on most recent earnings conference call confirmed the X had been the top selling iPhone every week since it’s release. And that was the first 3 months. There is no info for the most recent month. So “allegedly” is a poor source to use
    Just going by some industry reports I've seen, though since Apple doesn't release sales figures, it is hard to say. Of course, while the Apple X may have sold better since it has been released, the 8/Plus still had about a month and a half of sales prior to the X being released.

And this is ignoring how you can "play" with sales numbers. First, "top selling phone" likely is stating only that it has sold more than the 8 and more than the 8 Plus, not both combined. It also begs the question, though it sounds like he was saying units sold, "top selling" also could mean highest sales in dollars; where the 8 and 8 Plus would have to sell more units to equal the amount sold in dollars.
    03-13-2018 03:03 PM
    Just going by some industry reports I've seen, though since Apple doesn't release sales figures, it is hard to say. Of course, while the Apple X may have sold better since it has been released, the 8/Plus still had about a month and a half of sales prior to the X being released.

And this is ignoring how you can "play" with sales numbers. First, "top selling phone" likely is stating only that it has sold more than the 8 and more than the 8 Plus, not both combined. It also begs the question, though it sounds like he was saying units sold, "top selling" also could mean highest sales in dollars; where the 8 and 8 Plus would have to sell more units to equal the amount sold in dollars.
    Sure it had a month head start but it didn’t even sell out preorder or launch weekend inventory. With the average selling price per unit is well up, that helps to you where money is being spent.
    03-13-2018 03:52 PM
    Someone on twitter posted pics of „blush gold” iphone production parts.
    03-20-2018 02:45 AM
    Bump. Anyone think it still might happen? When did the red 7+ come out last year?
    04-02-2018 04:18 AM
63 123