Exchanged my iPhone X today, was going crazy

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday my black slate iPhone X 64 which I have had since the official launch day, started going crazy. It started rebooting and would not stop, I tried shutting the device off and resetting it, but the reboots continued.

So, I made and appointment at the local Apple store genius bar and after the tech trying doing the same thing I did and then running some diagnostics, they ended up giving me a replacement unit, so all is good.

As I was getting my replacement and initializing the device in the store, a young man asked me if I wanted to trade my black slate for his silver model. He had just bought his a month prior and missed the 30 day exchange period, so we checked each others IMEI numbers and made sure both devices where clear and no bill was owned on them and made the switch.

Both of us where happy and the hour and a half I spent waiting for my turn at the genius bar was all for the better good. My device was replaced, I ended up with a silver model and the other person was happy, so all is good. Just thought I would share my experience with the folks on the forums.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Best reason to own an apple device they have stores to make repairs don’t have to wait for ups or fedex.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
You are brave, he got a brand new device. Check the cycle count of your battery with Coconut Battery. Hopefully, it shouldn’t be more than 10 to 15 at most.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
We did check with apple and both our devices where purchased at the Apple store and are paid in full, no worries. He actually had his original receipt and I emailed him a copy of mine, so all is good.

Last edited:

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
We did check with apple and both our devices where purchased at the Apple store and are paid in full, no worries. He actually had his original receipt and I emailed him a copy of mine, so all is good.

Sadly, all of those don’t protect someone against blacklisting.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Sadly, all of those don’t protect someone against blacklisting.

As long as you have the receipt showing the device was paid in full and not financed thru Apple or a carrier, you won’t have any issues. It’s the ones that are financed that you have to worry about.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday my black slate iPhone X 64 which I have had since the official launch day, started going crazy. It started rebooting and would not stop, I tried shutting the device off and resetting it, but the reboots continued.

So, I made and appointment at the local Apple store genius bar and after the tech trying doing the same thing I did and then running some diagnostics, they ended up giving me a replacement unit, so all is good.

As I was getting my replacement and initializing the device in the store, a young man asked me if I wanted to trade my black slate for his silver model. He had just bought his a month prior and missed the 30 day exchange period, so we checked each others IMEI numbers and made sure both devices where clear and no bill was owned on them and made the switch.

Both of us where happy and the hour and a half I spent waiting for my turn at the genius bar was all for the better good. My device was replaced, I ended up with a silver model and the other person was happy, so all is good. Just thought I would share my experience with the folks on the forums.

Excellent, sir, and I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. In the meantime, enjoy your new silver iPhone X.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
As long as you have the receipt showing the device was paid in full and not financed thru Apple or a carrier, you won’t have any issues. It’s the ones that are financed that you have to worry about.

That’s not exactly true. They could have carrier insurance on it. It’s reported stolen, your IMEI is screwed. If the receipt doesn’t have your name or tied to your CC, your screwed. Trust me. I know somebody who went through this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711