Exchanged my iPhone X today, was going crazy

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
The only thing could have worried me is the battery. A refurbished unit has a new battery, while an used one could have several cycles on it. BTW his unit was less than two months old (according to your narrative) so it shouldn’t have more than 30 cycles on the battery. Did you check?

As I said, I am not even concerned about it, I haven’t had any issues with a replacement device in the past and the device is functioning perfectly.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
They issue refurbs only for out-of-warranty replacements.
I don’t think so.
I received only 4 replacements in my long carrier as an Apple customer (since 1989 :) ) and ALL of them were under warranty (most of them under AppleCare) and ALL of them were refurbished units: an iPod Mini 2nd gen, a Time Capsule, an iPhone 4 and an Apple Watch Sport.
They were perfectly fine and look exactly like new units, but they were refurbished

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
They issue refurbs only for out-of-warranty replacements.

All replacements, even under AppleCare are refurbs unless a) they dont have any refurbs to issue or b) you get someone willing to bypass s.o.p.

Ive had probably 2 dozen replacements in my household and all but maybe 2 we’re refurbs, all with Applecare.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
It doesn’t bother me if it’s a refurbished unit or a new one, it’s still under warranty and that’s the most important part.

All refurbs from Apple have brand new outer shells, new screens (if the previous owner scratched it), and new batteries. Same warranty as with a brand new one. ;)

(This info is more for new people reading this thread.)

How do you know he didn't lick the phone all over or place between his butt cheeks?

Sounds like you ave some experience in this area, hmm?

hudss

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
All refurbs from Apple have brand new outer shells, new screens (if the previous owner scratched it), and new batteries. Same warranty as with a brand new one. ;)

(This info is more for new people reading this thread.)

Sounds like you ave some experience in this area, hmm?

of course. I typed this using my tongue.. feel free to PM me

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
As long as you have the receipt showing the device was paid in full and not financed thru Apple or a carrier, you won’t have any issues. It’s the ones that are financed that you have to worry about.

I’ve read somewhere you don’t use screen protectors, how is the phone with out it, I also have applecare and I’m debating on taking it off due it me going through so many already, dusts and lint get stuck and edges collect dust. I don’t care about minor scratches just don’t like dust or lint... am also debating to get spigen liquid glas.tr protector just to have some protection for scratches.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ve read somewhere you don’t use screen protectors, how is the phone with out it, I also have applecare and I’m debating on taking it off due it me going through so many already, dusts and lint get stuck and edges collect dust. I don’t care about minor scratches just don’t like dust or lint... am also debating to get spigen liquid glas.tr protector just to have some protection for scratches.

I know you’re asking someone else, but I’d like to offer my 2 cents if that’s ok.

I haven’t used a screen protector since my iPhone 5s. Since then I’ve had the 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7 Plus, 8, & X. Of all those devices, the only one with a minor scratch is the 7 Plus, and I think that’s because the coating on the screen was a little different than the others. I also toss my phones in my purse or whatever bag, have dropped devices, & have had no scratches or screen cracks. I honestly feel screen protectors are overrated. Glad I gave up on that because the natural screen feels amazing.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I know you’re asking someone else, but I’d like to offer my 2 cents if that’s ok.

I haven’t used a screen protector since my iPhone 5s. Since then I’ve had the 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7 Plus, 8, & X. Of all those devices, the only one with a minor scratch is the 7 Plus, and I think that’s because the coating on the screen was a little different than the others. I also toss my phones in my purse or whatever bag, have dropped devices, & have had no scratches or screen cracks. I honestly feel screen protectors are overrated. Glad I gave up on that because the natural screen feels amazing.

Thank you for your 2 cents its helping me to really take it off, I know maybe minor scratches might happen but I’ll be fine with those. I see a lot of my friends Samsung Galaxy S8+ with no protectors and they are fine... And the liquid protector is just a security blanket for scratches, I for one am happy that I have never dropped my phones. I do use the apple leather case and Spigen tough amor anyway..

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your 2 cents its helping me to really take it off, I know maybe minor scratches might happen but I’ll be fine with those. I see a lot of my friends Samsung Galaxy S8+ with no protectors and they are fine... And the liquid protector is just a security blanket for scratches, I for one am happy that I have never dropped my phones. I do use the apple leather case and Spigen tough amor anyway..

Something to consider; down the road later on.... should you ever decide to use your current phone as a trade in for a new iPhone, they will deduct from the full trade in value if there are any scratches on the screen. I took great care of my 6s and used a quality screen protector and was able to get the full trade-in value of my 6s for a new 8 Plus.

When it comes to trade-in value, Apple doesn't care about the back of the phone or the edges because refurbs get new shells and new batteries anyway. They grade the value on the screen. (Obviously the phone has to be working, too.)

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Something to consider; down the road later on.... should you ever decide to use your current phone as a trade in for a new iPhone, they will deduct from the full trade in value if there are any scratches on the screen. I took great care of my 6s and used a quality screen protector and was able to get the full trade-in value of my 6s for a new 8 Plus.

When it comes to trade-in value, Apple doesn't care about the back of the phone or the edges because refurbs get new shells and new batteries anyway. They grade the value on the screen. (Obviously the phone has to be working, too.)

Never have I traded my phone for a new one..... I have gone through 10 protectors and none have been good quality ones.... I gaved up on them, still have mine on but will soon come off...

Thanks through.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

You’re welcome!!! Once you take it off, you’ll never go back Keep us posted

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234