iPhone X dust in the lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPhone X replacement is scuffed

The refurb has a scuff and the senior advisor recommended me I use a case

You received a refurbished phone with a scuff mark already on it out of the box? All refurbished phones and phones that have been used for trade-ins get a brand new outer shell, a brand new battery, a new white box, and a 1 year warranty. Physically the phone should look brand spanking new.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

You received a refurbished phone with a scuff mark already on it out of the box? All refurbished phones and phones that have been used for trade-ins get a brand new outer shell, a brand new battery, a new white box, and a 1 year warranty. Physically the phone should look brand spanking new.

That’s is correct idk what to do and two apple genius reps didn’t see it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

That’s is correct idk what to do and two apple genius reps didn’t see it.

Let me be blunt: if only you can see that others don’t, then there is 2 explanations.
1. You really do see it.
2. You think you see it.

If it’s the latter, there is something inherently wrong with your eyes and/or your perception of stuff.
Or you have some kind of mental disability and you need professional help.

We can’t do anything for you, because we don’t have physical access to your phones to see it. The photos you’ve provided are all but enough for us to see what you’re seeing.

All your questions regarding this issue have been asked and answered.
Please let us know what exactly more do you want from us.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

Let me be blunt: if only you can see that others don’t, then there is 2 explanations.
1. You really do see it.
2. You think you see it.

If it’s the latter, there is something inherently wrong with your eyes and/or your perception of stuff.
Or you have some kind of mental disability and you need professional help.

We can’t do anything for you, because we don’t have physical access to your phones to see it. The photos you’ve provided are all but enough for us to see what you’re seeing.

All your questions regarding this issue have been asked and answered.
Please let us know what exactly more do you want from us.

The issue is there I put a case on it but I hope it don’t affect water resistant

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

The issue is there I put a case on it but I hope it don’t affect water resistant

Why would a case affect water resistance? Could you elaborate on your thought train here, please?

If the issue is only visible to you, there is no issue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Is the case water resistant or waterproof? Putting a case on a water resistance smartphone does not negate the water resistant capabilities of the device. The case typically protects the phone from typical nips, scrapes, scratches, etcetera, however, just like a water resistant phone has its limitations, so does a protective case. If you’re looking for a phone that cannot be damaged and is perfect in every way, you’re not going to find it. Period.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site

Why would a case affect water resistance? Could you elaborate on your thought train here, please?

If the issue is only visible to you, there is no issue.

Is the case water resistant or waterproof? Putting a case on a water resistance smartphone does not negate the water resistant capabilities of the device. The case typically protects the phone from typical nips, scrapes, scratches, etcetera, however, just like a water resistant phone has its limitations, so does a protective case. If you’re looking for a phone that cannot be damaged and is perfect in every way, you’re not going to find it. Period.

He’s saying he hopes the “issue” with his phone doesn’t affect the water resistance. He’s playing games as usual.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Isn't this like your 15th iPhone X?

If I had such a high fail rate, I'd go to a different company like Samsung.

BTW, this isn't the first time you've had issues with Apple products: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7-mute-switch.2120063/ And apparently these types of threads are common there as well.

All my units have dust in the lens I guess it’s common to have dust in the lens but Apple told me there an article on Apple website discussing this can you people find me it

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
All my units have dust in the lens I guess it’s common to have dust in the lens but Apple told me there an article on Apple website discussing this can you people find me it
They pretty much all have dust. Every C I've seen has it. Give it up on the dust. In most situations with dust in the lense, it wouldn't affect the pic. Time to enjoy your phone.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
They pretty much all have dust. Every C I've seen has it. Give it up on the dust. In most situations with dust in the lense, it wouldn't affect the pic. Time to enjoy your phone.

I”m due for the upgrade on IUP October 10-2018 what months should I call to pay the remaining due so I can upgrade in September?

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Well if it has dust in it then dunk it in water at the Apple store. If it does get water in it then the dust is from the factory and QC sucks. If it does get water in it then either dropped, sat on, altitude changes that are extreme, or the QC sucks. I lean on pocket sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR