iPhone X dust in the lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re:

It’s in the lens but it doesn’t show in my photos.

I Will show the manger I don’t want to have an issue with it

The underlined is the important piece here. If you don't notice it unless you're looking for the issue, is it really an issue? Is it worth the continued trips and exchanges?

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Re:

I guess I make up stories then for no reason.
Don’t know and frankly don’t care.
I’m quite familiar with serial complainers and I saw one here.
There is no such a thing as a perfect product (well, unsless you don’t want to pay $100.000 for an iPhone).

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Don’t know and frankly don’t care.
I’m quite familiar with serial complainers and I saw one here.
There is no such a thing as a perfect product (well, unsless you don’t want to pay $100.000 for an iPhone).

This is the thing. There is another thread I started on this forum about this in November. I was first one to report this issue on iMore. Now on the other hand, have a exchanged my phone over this? No. Does it cause any issues with my pictures? No. And it probably won’t for 95% of the people who have dust in their lense. Should we being paying $999+ with a great camera with dust in the lense right out of the box? No. But it is what it is. Both of my X’s are still original. One from launch. And one from December. I just never let this dust thing bother me and I enjoy my phones.

The OP is just looking for a perfect phone and that is just hard to get. Doesn’t matter the maker.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Just to be clear (as I tried to do with the mod, but I’m not sure my private message was sent), I didn’t want to be rude with the OP, nor to argue with Ganz on their perception about their iPhone X quality.
I just had an awful experience on MacRumors forum with serial complainers, ended up with me arguing with a couple of moderators that singled me out and forced me to cancel my account (I was one of the older subscriber and definitely one of the most active there, as I am a very strong Apple supporter). Since I found iMore a better place to me, I don’t want to start that again here. I tried to gave the OP some advices, but I saw someone seeking for something that really don’t have any impact on the phone functionality.
My two cents

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Btw I had far worse issues with dust and lenses with my DSLR (you know, you can be careful as much as you want, but replacing lenses is a process that exposes your camera to dust specks ) and NEVER had any impact on photos

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I’m learning to love my iPhone X’s and I am not gonna look for flaws just yet. I’m sure, if I do, I will find some.

Status
Not open for further replies.