iPhone X dust in the lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
As I’ve mentioned earlier in this thread, this is a known problem. I have 2 X’s and both has dust in the lenses. Other threads exist on imore about this. This is no secret. Just the OP has gotten a little carried away on this.

I understand sir aha I don’t want to replace it again till it’s an issue.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re:

They replaced that unit but that unit had two specs Idk how apple letting this slide I won’t play the swap game it’s not worth it my unit still has dust.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
If no update is made in my post that means I didn’t swap it out and left it as is

I won’t swap it when next iPhone gets announced I will just return this one.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re:

How will I know in the future if dust is in my photos and it’s in my lens but I don’t want I swap again to find other issues.

If you're no good at detecting it, then how do you know its there? Is it affecting your pics? It doesn't seem like it from the ones you posted. I looked at some of the threads you started. Always some issue with your various devices. There is no perfect device as soon as you open the box and power up, anything can happen. I bet you put your phone in your pocket. Lint and dust and various particles live there. Unless you live and use your devices in a "clean room" this can happen, let it go. I can only imaging the dread at the  store when they see you coming.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re:

If you're no good at detecting it, then how do you know its there? Is it affecting your pics? It doesn't seem like it from the ones you posted. I looked at some of the threads you started. Always some issue with your various devices. There is no perfect device as soon as you open the box and power up, anything can happen. I bet you put your phone in your pocket. Lint and dust and various particles live there. Unless you live and use your devices in a "clean room" this can happen, let it go. I can only imaging the dread at the  store when they see you coming.

I check the lens and no it’s not and I use a microfiber cloth to clean my lens and apple store don’t care I don’t go every day.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I know what it's like to want perfection in a gadget but that can be illusive. I try not to look that close for fear of dissapointment.

Last edited:

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I know what it's like to want perfection in a gadget but that can be illusive. I try not to look that close for fear of dissapointment.

I hate it also and not sure how dust is getting into the lens if I knew a legit answer.

My dust is white and is touch the camera sensor it self the round part and touch the camera but not close to make it show in the photos.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Just for kicks and giggles I went through your thread history. You've had dust issues in every iPhone since the 6S. At some point, you have to wonder how big of an issue this really is. I honestly am surprised you continue to purchase iPhones. No offense, but at some point you've got to wonder if all of this is really worth it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re:

I had friends report same issue and even store models to maybe apple dust In lens is a feature they didn’t tell us.

Ok dude...you're just trolling now, right? I get it. I see whats going on here. I must admit...I chuckled when I saw the thread title and that it was you who created it.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Ok dude...you're just trolling now, right? I get it. I see whats going on here. I must admit...I chuckled when I saw the thread title and that it was you who created it.

My 6s plus has issues with the Touch ID sensor my iPhone 7 dust in lens and iPhone X dust in lens the new sensor are the issue not me and i don’t troll why would I post if I wanted to troll if I was to troll I would troll some one post.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I tried the galaxy s3 and LG G3 both suck

Those are old models with old Android. It’s a new world now with Nugat, Oreo, and hardware from Google, Samsung, LG, Sony, Moto, Huawei and others. You could try a low-to-mid range Android device or stick with Apple and embrace a dust particle here or there.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Those are old models with old Android. It’s a new world now with Nugat, Oreo, and hardware from Google, Samsung, LG, Sony, Moto, Huawei and others. You could try a low-to-mid range Android device or stick with Apple and embrace a dust particle here or there.

What I will do show the manager my issue and make him compare mine to his and give me an answer and Android is hard I got a Nokia 2 for my grandma and it’s hard to use I will return it for a SE

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re:

My 6s plus has issues with the Touch ID sensor my iPhone 7 dust in lens and iPhone X dust in lens the new sensor are the issue not me and i don’t troll why would I post if I wanted to troll if I was to troll I would troll some one post.

I just wonder if you're looking for issues where none exist. I honestly don't see an issue with those pictures you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR