iPhone X dust in the lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

The camera is typically a module and the entire module is replaced, so it will not cause additional dust in the camera. Only you can decide if it is serious enough to get replaced -- though, again, someone at the genius bar is likely a better source to seek for help in deciding. A genius should be able to tell you if the dust is an issue that should concern you or something not worth worrying about. Again, since we can't see it, we can't offer you cogent advice.

If it shows in my pictures now will the next iPhone release then I will bring it or else I will wait for the X plus I want.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I see nothing wrong with the photos. I think you're obsessing over dust but there really is nothing wrong w/ the photos.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have run this issue about dust in the lens with several folks I know who own the iPhone X and this is the first time myself or the iPhone X owners I know have heard of this issue.

My camera has produced excellent images since day one. I haven’t heard of anyone I know having to exchange their iPhone X for any reason.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Water and dust resistant what apple claims it dust is in my lens that killed the dust resistant why lie.

When they say water and dust resistant they’re saying water and dust won’t damage your phone. That is all. They’re not saying you’ll never get a dust particle inside your phone. Surely you already know this?

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re:

When they say water and dust resistant they’re saying water and dust won’t damage your phone. That is all. They’re not saying you’ll never get a dust particle inside your phone. Surely you already know this?

Oh what’s the purpose then if dust will get there anyway

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Oh what’s the purpose then if dust will get there anyway

That it won’t break your phone. In phones that are not dirt/dust resistant dirt and dust can break the device and keep it from functioning properly. Apple didn’t say the iPhone was dust proof they say it is dust resistant. In other words, dust will not damage the device. Perhaps that’s just my unique take on it.

P.S. I’m quite sure there is a piece of dust in my charging port but I don’t see any dust under the glass covering my screen. Until I see it under my screen or a lot of it under my camera lens why waste the energy? Surely you have more important things to concern yourself about than a spec of dust?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Here you go

Okay, that dust is not in the lens, the lens is the inside the circle next to the dust. This does not affect the IP67 rating as the camera module is made separate like all the other parts inside the phone before they are all out together. You will not see any issues with your photos.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Water and dust resistant what apple claims it dust is in my lens that killed the dust resistant why lie.

How did you manage to notice anything to begin with? Do you take a magnifying glass and inspect your devices? I've had my 6s Plus almost 2½ years, and not once have I looked closely at the lens. I clean it regularly, but pay no other attention. My photos look ok. So do yours. Why make yourself sick over nothing? You'll never be able to enjoy your phone.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have run this issue about dust in the lens with several folks I know who own the iPhone X and this is the first time myself or the iPhone X owners I know have heard of this issue.

My camera has produced excellent images since day one. I haven’t heard of anyone I know having to exchange their iPhone X for any reason.

As I’ve mentioned earlier in this thread, this is a known problem. I have 2 X’s and both has dust in the lenses. Other threads exist on imore about this. This is no secret. Just the OP has gotten a little carried away on this.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re:

That it won’t break your phone. In phones that are not dirt/dust resistant dirt and dust can break the device and keep it from functioning properly. Apple didn’t say the iPhone was dust proof they say it is dust resistant. In other words, dust will not damage the device. Perhaps that’s just my unique take on it.

P.S. I’m quite sure there is a piece of dust in my charging port but I don’t see any dust under the glass covering my screen. Until I see it under my screen or a lot of it under my camera lens why waste the energy? Surely you have more important things to concern yourself about than a spec of dust?

Not even sure if the microfiber cloth use cause it and no it doesn’t show in my photos.

Maybe this is normal for iPhone X then I hope apple don’t add another lens that will make me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice