iPhone X dust in the lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
re:

I think it’s time to find a manufacturer that is more satisfying to your needs.

The production floor is not 100% fail safe and there are always going to be something imperfect about a phone even if you can’t see it or detect it.

I would take the phone to an Apple Store and either return it and get a different phone altogether or not leave the premises until you’re completely satisfied.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
re:

I'm not quite sure what you are wanting from us? If you legitimately have dust in the lens, then go and get the phone swapped. The issue is, we can't tell if there is dust or not -- the pictures don't show evidence of it that anyone here can tell.

As for being worried about it, this is something that occasionally happens with every phone, maybe 1 phone out of every 100,000 produced might end up with dust in the lens. Odds are astronomical, though not impossible, that you can get dust in two phones in a row -- and it is nearly impossible if you do get two that you will get three in a row.

In the meantime, you've got a one year warranty. Use the phone and try and be happy with it, don't try to "find" issues with the phone (particularly as this can often cause people to imagine problems). If something occurs with your phone that you clearly notice, then just stop by the Apple Store and see if they can help you. No one on a forum will really be able to help you, as we can't examine your phone to see if there is an issue (such as dust on the inside of the lens vs. the outside).

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
re:

Here is the thing. This is not Apple Support. There is literally nothing anyone can do about the dust issues you are having with your Apple devices. It's the truth and sometimes hard to accept that.

So, in regards to that, you should keep going to Apple Support and seek less help from the forums which might save you some time and focus on the replacements.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

I think it’s time to find a manufacturer that is more satisfying to your needs.

The production floor is not 100% fail safe and there are always going to be something imperfect about a phone even if you can’t see it or detect it.

I would take the phone to an Apple Store and either return it and get a different phone altogether or not leave the premises until you’re completely satisfied.

I tried Samsung and Lg both horrible companies. My palm centro was one of the best phones.

My local apple store
Won’t do a thing about it when I took it once but the farther apple store replaced but I don’t want to keep replacing it to get another one with other issue.

I post the photos so you people can see if there dust or not.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

I'm not quite sure what you are wanting from us? If you legitimately have dust in the lens, then go and get the phone swapped. The issue is, we can't tell if there is dust or not -- the pictures don't show evidence of it that anyone here can tell.

As for being worried about it, this is something that occasionally happens with every phone, maybe 1 phone out of every 100,000 produced might end up with dust in the lens. Odds are astronomical, though not impossible, that you can get dust in two phones in a row -- and it is nearly impossible if you do get two that you will get three in a row.

In the meantime, you've got a one year warranty. Use the phone and try and be happy with it, don't try to "find" issues with the phone (particularly as this can often cause people to imagine problems). If something occurs with your phone that you clearly notice, then just stop by the Apple Store and see if they can help you. No one on a forum will really be able to help you, as we can't examine your phone to see if there is an issue (such as dust on the inside of the lens vs. the outside).

I”m on the iPhone upgrade program
And I can’t return it yet since there’s no new iPhone out yet.

The dust is in the lens and does not show in photos.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
re:

I”m on the iPhone upgrade program
And I can’t return it yet since there’s no new iPhone out yet.

The dust is in the lens and does not show in photos.

Again, as others have also told you, we can't help you -- particularly since we can't see the issue. Yet you can go to the Apple Store and show them the issue and take care of it, likely by giving you a warranty replacement. Again, I don't understand what you are looking for from us as we can't give you a new phone.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

Again, as others have also told you, we can't help you -- particularly since we can't see the issue. Yet you can go to the Apple Store and show them the issue and take care of it, likely by giving you a warranty replacement. Again, I don't understand what you are looking for from us as we can't give you a new phone.

I want to know if it’s worth replacing it if it’s not affecting pictures?

Most likely they replace the camera module causing more dust.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
re:

I want to know if it’s worth replacing it if it’s not affecting pictures?

Most likely they replace the camera module causing more dust.

The camera is typically a module and the entire module is replaced, so it will not cause additional dust in the camera. Only you can decide if it is serious enough to get replaced -- though, again, someone at the genius bar is likely a better source to seek for help in deciding. A genius should be able to tell you if the dust is an issue that should concern you or something not worth worrying about. Again, since we can't see it, we can't offer you cogent advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods