iPhone X dust in the lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I been through three replacement

First one had a screen defect ,second had dust in lens apple tried replacement lens and produced more dust and they reswapp.

The third one has dust in the lens.

I don’t want I reswapp over and over till I find a perfect one since it’s February and I got my iPhone on the second week of November on iPhone upgrade program and a couple of month till I upgrade again.

Here the pics I took one with 1X lens and second til 2X lens

And a pic of the microfiber cloth I used to clean the lens and my guess there a gap in the lens when I clean with cloth causing dust to get in

I don’t want to swap again over and over what you reommdned I do ?

i9E72DE32-5046-4467-B823-471C8F46A184.jpg

F669152A-ADEA-4E6A-A60A-38945301F109.jpeg

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

How will I know in the future if dust is in my photos and it’s in my lens but I don’t want I swap again to find other issues.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re:

Alexrat, you have complained about these minor nothingburger issues for some time. Not only on this forum, but on another forum I'm aware of. You spend all your time returning iPhones over and over for nothing. Just enjoy your phone and stop trying to find issues where there is none.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
re:

How will I know in the future if dust is in my photos and it’s in my lens but I don’t want I swap again to find other issues.

How would you like this question answered? You’re essentially asking an unanswerable question based on a far-fetched hypothetical situation. Perhaps you should stop worrying about tiny imperfections in your devices and simply start enjoying them. Life is short.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

Alexrat, you have complained about these minor nothingburger issues for some time. Not only on this forum, but on another forum I'm aware of. You spend all your time returning iPhones over and over for nothing. Just enjoy your phone and stop trying to find issues where there is none.

I don’t want to continue swapping over and over again. I posted pics to show if there was dust.

I didn’t get an answer how will I notice if dust is in my photos in the future

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
re:

If I keep swapping more issue I will find and this unit is perfect with dust in the lens that doesn’t bug me and all three apple store replacements had dust I will just accept That apple built the iPhone X with dust in the lens.

I used to work in a photography lab for four years. We had to scour images to find imperfections before sending them out. And yes, I do mean single pixel imperfections. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the photos you posted. If there is dust anywhere in there it must be smaller than a pixel and require the actual eyes of an eagle to see it.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

I used to work in a photography lab for four years. We had to scour images to find imperfections before sending them out. And yes, I do mean single pixel imperfections. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the photos you posted. If there is dust anywhere in there it must be smaller than a pixel and require the actual eyes of an eagle to see it.

Apple making false advertising on dust resistant if dust is in the lens it kills that’s feature and all three replacements I had also had dust.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It never seems to amaze me how you’re the only one I’ve seen, or heard of, with that issue.

There is already a thread on this forum. Many people including me have had dust in their lenses. Also a long thread on Mac rumors. It’s a well know problem with the X.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

Apple is not at fault, you are.
Next time just go get this phone instead of a dusty iPhone.
https://www.amazon.com/ZTE-Z222-Fli...K6U?tag=imore- 20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3041487

I had friends report same issue and even store models to maybe apple dust In lens is a feature they didn’t tell us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73