Hello Ladies and Gents, I am getting a new iPhone X but I can't decide the colour, it is YOU to choo

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

This question gets asked a lot. I always offer the same advice. As all people have different taste you are going to get varying answers. Plus no one has your exact taste. I suggest going to the Apple Store and comparing them side by side. In the end you are the person who has to live with and use it. And you don't want to base your decisions on other peoples like and dislikes then down the road regret your final decision.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the silver but it all boils down to your personal tastes. If you’re just going to end up putting a case on it—unless it’s a clear case—then it doesn’t matter all that much anyway. It’s not like the other iPhone models where you’d have to choose between a white or black bezel.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

This question gets asked a lot. I always offer the same advice. As all people have different taste you are going to get varying answers. Plus no one has your exact taste. I suggest going to the Apple Store and comparing them side by side. In the end you are the person who has to live with and use it. And you don't want to base your decisions on other peoples like and dislikes then down the road regret your final decision.

While I agree with you in general, I do think the iPhone X is something of a "special case." The issue is that you only have the two colors and both are good looking. I can see situations where people have looked and really like both, but are wanting to hear others opinions -- particularly people who own the phone -- to help make their decision.

This is double true since, this time, all the fronts are black so, as many have pointed out, there isn't a huge difference if you put the phone in the case. In fact, with something like the Apple cases, you only see the stainless steel at the bottom, by the charging port and speaker/microphone holes, and the metal surrounding the camera -- you don't see any of the glass back.

I believe, for many (and maybe most) there is no "wrong" choice, that most would be happy with either color. The difference ends up with details like if you can put up with the scratching of the silver stainless steel, or how much worry you might have that, if your phone is dropped or otherwise damaged, you might end up with some of the gray coating of the stainless steel flaking off.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I like both. Ended up with black because that’s what was available but I think if I had to do it again I’d do the silver. It’s a close call for me, though. I like them both.

Last edited by a moderator: