Is it worth upgrading to an iPhone X?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
An old friend of mine at the superbowl party I was at has an iX and I got to play with it. It’s better than I thought.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
After a few days using the X I don't think I could go back to using my 8 plus.
Just fell in love with the smaller foot print off the X, it fits the hand and front pocket like a glove.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Just fell in love with the smaller foot print off the X, it fits the hand and front pocket like a glove.

I was noticing yesterday how much the size has been an asset.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so I have zero self control, and I went ahead and picked up the X today. Thank you so much to all of you who answered my questions, it's greatly appreciated.
Finally you did the right thing: follow your sensations.
My advice would have been: go to an Apple Store / retailer and try it by yourself.
I decided to upgrade my 7 to an 8 Plus (and not the X) after playing with it for a few minutes. I like it, very much, but I think an 8 Plus is better for MY needs.
Your mileage may vary

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple refered to the iPhone X as a Limited Edition model for the 10th anniversary. While it will no longer be produced, a new 5.8" model will replace it. I'm not a big fan of the X screen size. I prefer the 5.5" Plus screen much better for my needs. The bezels don't bother me at all. The 16:9 aspect ratio is far better than the 19.5:9 for many of the things I do. For me, the X just seems too tall and skinny. Aside from the screen size, it's a very nice iPhone with some very cool features. This year's new models will be even better. But I still won't like the screen aspect ratio. I'll eventually have to get it if I ever upgrade. Not this year though. I'll either continue with my 6s Plus with a new battery, or get the 8 Plus. I want the 8 Plus for the upgraded camera. I'm hoping the 8 Plus price will be reduced come September. I'd love to have it with my 6s Plus (new battery) as a back up on iOS 10.1.1.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
An old friend of mine at the superbowl party I was at has an iX and I got to play with it. It’s better than I thought.

That’s exactly how I felt. I wasn’t impressed by the Keynote & only purchased it because I needed to downsize. Once I started playing with it, I realized it’s pretty nice. You definitely can’t judge a book by its cover LOL

The form factor is what sold me. I love the Plus devices but carrying them had become too much work for me.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Yep, the form factor handling it is impressive. Not so much the display form factor. As I showed elsewhere in details, when contents are involved (and keyboard is necessary), the narrower screen isn’t so much fun

EEF98DED-36B1-4F74-952F-AF5E5A0E68B2.jpegC9A2B04E-28DE-428D-A188-BA5630C9287D.jpeg

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Apple refered to the iPhone X as a Limited Edition model for the 10th anniversary. While it will no longer be produced, a new 5.8" model will replace it. I'm not a big fan of the X screen size. I prefer the 5.5" Plus screen much better for my needs. The bezels don't bother me at all. The 16:9 aspect ratio is far better than the 19.5:9 for many of the things I do. For me, the X just seems too tall and skinny. Aside from the screen size, it's a very nice iPhone with some very cool features. This year's new models will be even better. But I still won't like the screen aspect ratio. I'll eventually have to get it if I ever upgrade. Not this year though. I'll either continue with my 6s Plus with a new battery, or get the 8 Plus. I want the 8 Plus for the upgraded camera. I'm hoping the 8 Plus price will be reduced come September. I'd love to have it with my 6s Plus (new battery) as a back up on iOS 10.1.1.

The form factor is different, that is for sure. I think it has advantages and disadvantages and it does take some getting used to. I can fully understand why people don't care for the change. At the same time, the new form factor makes the phone easier to carry, both in your hand and if you put the phone in a pocket or bag. This also seems to be the direction the entire industry is moving in; most flagship phones now have an 18:9 or 19:9 ratio, not just Apple.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think once we see the rumored 6.5” dohicky this Autumn many will like larger, albeit, taller display. I wouldn’t mind having both a 6.5” and the 5.8” but I’m not paying over $1,200 for one device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2