Any time I am not wearing my Apple Watch, all calls, texts, emails, and anything that I have set for notification, will cause play iPhone to vibrate or sound an alert.

This is normal.

However, when I am wearing my Apple Watch, rarely do I receive a notification in the form of a sounds or vibration via the phone itself. I can watch the notification come in on the watch, on my iPad, but the phone does not react.

I’ve played around with settings but have gotten tired of doing so. I’m hoping someone has an idea or solution I have no yet considered.
    deku13 likes this.
    01-27-2018 10:40 PM
    Any time I am not wearing my Apple Watch, all calls, texts, emails, and anything that I have set for notification, will cause play iPhone to vibrate or sound an alert.

This is normal.

However, when I am wearing my Apple Watch, rarely do I receive a notification in the form of a sounds or vibration via the phone itself. I can watch the notification come in on the watch, on my iPad, but the phone does not react.

I’ve played around with settings but have gotten tired of doing so. I’m hoping someone has an idea or solution I have no yet considered.
    I have noticed this as well. I think something is buggy in the software. It's been like this for a few software releases already.
    01-28-2018 01:44 AM
    When you’re wearing the watch, notifications will not come on your phone. When your watch is off, they will. This is actually nice bc it keeps you from getting multiple alerts when your watch is on your wrist. You should be able to adjust that in the watch app notification settings by using the “custom” settings.
    01-28-2018 07:37 AM
    When you’re wearing the watch, notifications will not come on your phone. When your watch is off, they will. This is actually nice bc it keeps you from getting multiple alerts when your watch is on your wrist. You should be able to adjust that in the watch app notification settings by using the “custom” settings.
    That’s not the case on mine. When the Watch gets a notification it also appears on the iPhone, but it doesn’t wake up the screen, make a sound or vibrate. When I scroll through notification all notifications from the watch are there. I can either delete them on the watch or on the phone and they disappear on both devices.
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    01-28-2018 08:08 AM
    That’s not the case on mine. When the Watch gets a notification it also appears on the iPhone, but it doesn’t wake up the screen, make a sound or vibrate. When I scroll through notification all notifications from the watch are there. I can either delete them on the watch or on the phone and they disappear on both devices.
    Yes, that’s what I meant. Notifications don’t vibrate, ring, or wake the phone when the AW is on my wrist. Sorry, I didn’t make that very clear.
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    01-28-2018 08:37 PM