I know nothing’s perfect, besides me

But, for discussion’s sake, what would make your iPhone X THE ultimate phone?
    Last edited by TwitchyPuppy; 01-22-2018 at 07:10 PM.
    lgdlman likes this.
    01-22-2018 03:22 PM
    I don’t have an iPhone X.
    Love to hear from others what they miss.
    01-22-2018 03:24 PM
    No notch and battery percentage
    lgdlman and qbnkelt like this.
    01-22-2018 03:29 PM
    I got rid of mine mainly due to screen size and the notch. Honestly, without the notch, the screen size might be ok. I’m too used to the 7/8 Plus and even bigger screens like the Note. I don’t want to go back to a smaller screen at this point.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-22-2018 04:33 PM
    I got rid of mine mainly due to screen size and the notch. Honestly, without the notch, the screen size might be ok. I’m too used to the 7/8 Plus and even bigger screens like the Note. I don’t want to go back to a smaller screen at this point.
    It grew onto me rather quickly!
    My only regret is not getting it sooner haha!

I have a 6s Plus for my business and gosh is it huge and combersome!
    But, prior to my X, I swore by Pluses iPhones.

And I really thought the notch would bother me but I don’t notice it, anymore.
    01-22-2018 07:12 PM
    It grew onto me rather quickly!
    My only regret is not getting it sooner haha!

I have a 6s Plus for my business and gosh is it huge and combersome!
    But, prior to my X, I swore by Pluses iPhones.

And I really thought the notch would bother me but I don’t notice it, anymore.
    I'm glad you got past it. It is a beautiful phone just not practical for my daily use. I was so caught up in the shiney new phone that I ignored it for a couple weeks. Then as I used it like I use all my phone's it was always there. The real issue for me was the smaller screen which is caused by the notch existing. If they have a Plus version in the fall I will probably give it a shot even if it has the notch.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-22-2018 07:30 PM
    I had to setup an SE for a customer and that made me really appreciate the X.

As far as what would make it perfect? IDK...better battery life.
    01-22-2018 07:39 PM
    I agree about the lack of battery percentage- it irks me. The notch is no big deal to me now and coming from the 8plus, the battery life is very similar if not slightly better on the X. I also love the size being between the plus and regular iPhones.

So I really can’t think of anything else that could improve the phone.
    Last edited by briareos4; 01-22-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    01-22-2018 09:07 PM
    Apple Pencil support would make it a little closer.
    01-22-2018 10:17 PM
    16:9 aspect ratio. I can’t stand the 18:9:9 aspect ratio. I really can’t. Anything else is just iOS generalizations.
    01-22-2018 10:27 PM
    Bigger screen, bigger battery, less pronounced notch, and show the battery percentage, for Pete's sake.
    01-22-2018 10:39 PM
    I think iOS is so much more refined and advanced then Android. Even the latest Android is ugly and choppy. Then I go to sync my iPhone or download ringtones and I think God why does this have to suck so bad. iTunes and trying to put on ringtones is a joke. I hate how the simplest things on iPhone are the hardest but that's an apple problem not a hardware problem. Hardware wise I hate how narrow the ipx is. Makes video watching and reading text suck imo
    bigoldthor likes this.
    01-23-2018 06:29 AM
    Bigger screen, bigger battery, less pronounced notch, and show the battery percentage, for Pete's sake.
    I knew u would be back on the X! Didn't I call it in AC forum!!!?? Haha
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    01-23-2018 06:34 AM
    I agree about the lack of battery percentage- it irks me. The notch is no big deal to me now and coming from the 8plus, the battery life is very similar if not slightly better on the X. I also love the size being between the plus and regular iPhones.

So I really can’t think of anything else that could improve the phone.
    Start bringing down the control center, you’ll see battery percentage.
    01-23-2018 07:41 AM
    I knew u would be back on the X! Didn't I call it in AC forum!!!?? Haha
    He’s selling it to get another Pixel 2 XL
    01-23-2018 07:42 AM
    No Notch. iPhone 8 Plus screen aspect ratio.
    01-23-2018 07:43 AM
    He’s selling it to get another Pixel 2 XL
    Uh huhhhhh lol
    01-23-2018 07:56 AM
    I got a $300 profit for selling the Pixel 2 XL to my friend. Totally worth it.
    01-23-2018 08:29 AM
    Swiping down on the control center isn't an intuitive way to see battery percent. It's actually quite annoying.
    ladyc0524, libra89 and Buckeye2009 like this.
    01-23-2018 08:30 AM
    Swiping down on the control center isn't an intuitive way to see battery percent. It's actually quite annoying.
    I used to always be OCD about battery and seeing the exact percentage I had left. This is one of the few things I’m glad I don’t have an option to put on my display permanently anymore because the battery is good enough to where constantly viewing the percentage isn’t needed. I’ll swipe down to check it now but it has helped me be less obsessive about it. I usually dislike options being taken away from us but this one being forcibly removed happens to help me.
    TwitchyPuppy and gabbott like this.
    01-23-2018 08:36 AM
    As far as what I’d like done to my X to make it perfect? My usual Apple annoyances: SD card support, better cross-platform usability like in AirDrop, iMessage, etc. I’d also like it to be completely independent of a laptop since I don’t use one (come on still having to sync with iTunes for a ringtone......seriously?). But if I could choose only one thing it would be desktop/home screen customization with widgets and icon sets. Like really, it’s 2018 and we still can only have the same old grid on there? SUPER ANNOYING
    01-23-2018 08:44 AM
    Meh. It takes like .02 seconds to do, I’ve seen more annoying.
    01-23-2018 08:45 AM
    I hate that cars doesn’t show percentage either.
    Apple is mimicking the same now on the iPhone X.

I’m just curious if I’d hate it or not as I don’t have an X yet.
    01-23-2018 10:30 AM
    I hate that cars doesn’t show percentage either.
    Apple is mimicking the same now on the iPhone X.

I’m just curious if I’d hate it or not as I don’t have an X yet.
    It’s like “Show battery percentage” off, except we don’t have this trigger.
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-23-2018 11:11 AM
    It would be nice if the iPhone was not slippery and possibly not made of glass. I want to carry this beauty naked but it’s just too much risk right now!

Not having battery percentage doesn’t bother me at all, at least, when I am at work and not on vacation or out during the nights. It is something I don’t stress and make sure the juice remains by looking at the bar.

Things I want Apple to change:

1) Control Center - it’s PITA as I am left handed when it comes to using my phone.

2) Notice how the WiFi icon, cellular signal are on the right side of the notch? Now pull down the Control Center and locate them - they are on the left side! This completely kills the experience for me - you shouldn’t be moving things drastically to different locations!
    bigoldthor likes this.
    01-23-2018 11:12 AM
67 123