What would make your iPhone X perfect?

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
As far as what I’d like done to my X to make it perfect? My usual Apple annoyances: SD card support, better cross-platform usability like in AirDrop, iMessage, etc. I’d also like it to be completely independent of a laptop since I don’t use one (come on still having to sync with iTunes for a ringtone......seriously?). But if I could choose only one thing it would be desktop/home screen customization with widgets and icon sets. Like really, it’s 2018 and we still can only have the same old grid on there? SUPER ANNOYING

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Swiping down on the control center isn't an intuitive way to see battery percent. It's actually quite annoying.

I hate that cars doesn’t show percentage either.
Apple is mimicking the same now on the iPhone X.

I’m just curious if I’d hate it or not as I don’t have an X yet.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
It would be nice if the iPhone was not slippery and possibly not made of glass. I want to carry this beauty naked but it’s just too much risk right now!

Not having battery percentage doesn’t bother me at all, at least, when I am at work and not on vacation or out during the nights. It is something I don’t stress and make sure the juice remains by looking at the bar.

Things I want Apple to change:

1) Control Center - it’s PITA as I am left handed when it comes to using my phone.

2) Notice how the WiFi icon, cellular signal are on the right side of the notch? Now pull down the Control Center and locate them - they are on the left side! This completely kills the experience for me - you shouldn’t be moving things drastically to different locations!

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I used to always be OCD about battery and seeing the exact percentage I had left. This is one of the few things I’m glad I don’t have an option to put on my display permanently anymore because the battery is good enough to where constantly viewing the percentage isn’t needed. I’ll swipe down to check it now but it has helped me be less obsessive about it. I usually dislike options being taken away from us but this one being forcibly removed happens to help me.

Cool. That's something that you don't mind, but others do mind it.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I hate that cars doesn’t show percentage either.
Apple is mimicking the same now on the iPhone X.

I’m just curious if I’d hate it or not as I don’t have an X yet.

False analogy. Car batteries don't need to be charged up every day (manually, that is).

This is what I want on my iPhone X. Just because you, or anybody else, don't mind not seeing the battery percentage doesn't mean I don't mind not seeing it.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Meh. It takes like .02 seconds to do, I’ve seen more annoying.

.02 seconds I don't want to spend looking for battery percent.

Here's the thing, cell phone signal strength doesn't need to be shown. We all have cell signal wherever we are at this point.

Just because you don't mind not seeing the battery percent doesn't mean others don't mind seeing it. It's a huge annoyance among many people. Your opinion doesn't invalidate my opinion.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Here's the thing, cell phone signal strength doesn't need to be shown. We all have cell signal wherever we are at this point.

Just because you don't mind not seeing the battery percent doesn't mean others don't mind seeing it. It's a huge annoyance among many people. Your opinion doesn't invalidate my opinion.

I would like to see battery % too but I’ve gotten used to it. I wonder if the X2 might have a smaller notch to coincide with the wished-for larger screens. There also seems to be some wasted space on top of the cell, WiFi, and battery indicators.

I do think we still need to show signal strength. I’m often in buildings or locations where it’s weak so I know that at least I can’t take cell signal for granted quite yet. It’s too bad we can’t choose what’s shown.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I would like to see battery % too but I’ve gotten used to it. I wonder if the X2 might have a smaller notch to coincide with the wished-for larger screens. There also seems to be some wasted space on top of the cell, WiFi, and battery indicators.

I do think we still need to show signal strength. I’m often in buildings or locations where it’s weak so I know that at least I can’t take cell signal for granted quite yet. It’s too bad we can’t choose what’s shown.

Agreed especially with your last sentence. Alas, Apple isn’t one to place much priority to choice.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Your opinion doesn't invalidate my opinion.

Right back at you. That’s what we’re all doing here, sharing our 0.2 seconds worth........or should I say 2 cents worth lol.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
False analogy. Car batteries don't need to be charged up every day (manually, that is).

This is what I want on my iPhone X. Just because you, or anybody else, don't mind not seeing the battery percentage doesn't mean I don't mind not seeing it.

Who said anything about car batteries. I meant the fuel indicator.

pmr6644

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
Better battery, larger screen, and smaller/no notch would be great. I hate to even admit this because I know how many people would love to have the phone, but i tried using it for a few weeks and really hated it, so now it’s sitting in my dresser drawer, and I went back to my 6S plus.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It’s like “Show battery percentage” off, except we don’t have this trigger.
Yes, I have it enabled, so disabling battery percentage will only be a placebo effect as I know that I can always revert back. I’m wondering how I’d feel if that option was taken away can, like you guys are experiencing now with your X’s

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I’m just being honest, I just pulled down to see my battery percentage and it was so simple to do that I can’t even complain about it not being there. I just have to burn .00002 calories now to see it. YMMV.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

You’re looking to get a Pixel 2XL anyway so it’ll be resolved!

Not entirely accurate

I never said that, don’t put words in my mouth.
You sau your opinion, I say mine, others say theirs. It’s called discussing..

And you’re the first person I heard finding the lack of battery percentage annoying, since the X’s release.
I guess it’s not that big of a deal, overall.
(Not invalidating your opinion, just stating mine on this).

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have it enabled, so disabling battery percentage will only be a placebo effect as I know that I can always revert back. I’m wondering how I’d feel if that option was taken away can, like you guys are experiencing now with your X’s

Well, it’s not really “taken away”. We just have to pull down the notification center a tad to see it.
Hence my feeling okay with it. Anyway, I see the battery indicator so I have a pretty good idea on how much battery left I have. It’s not like it was completely absent!

briareos4

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
You’re looking to get a Pixel 2XL anyway so it’ll be resolved!

Not entirely accurate

I never said that, don’t put words in my mouth.
You sau your opinion, I say mine, others say theirs. It’s called discussing..

And you’re the first person I heard finding the lack of battery percentage annoying, since the X’s release.
I guess it’s not that big of a deal, overall.
(Not invalidating your opinion, just stating mine on this).

The point of this thread is to list what you personally think would make the X perfect. The simple fact that by stating ‘so what? That doesn’t bother me’, you are invalidating his opinion.

The fact we’re debating such a thing as a percentage indicator means the X is very close to perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh