Yeah, he doesn’t like the extra step. And I don’t kind the extra step. What’s wrong with that?
    It’s not right or wrong. You started this thread asking folks what would make X perfect and you got some posts. Rather than agreeing to the fact it is retinella’s position, you are trying to prove what he said is not something that would make X perfect , that is the problem

You don’t have to unlock the phone to acces the control center. So it’s 2 steps
    While that is true, many customize it so they don’t allow access to control center in lock screen and within apps.

Net result is that Apple did make it harder to check battery percentage. You have come to terms with it while others have not.
    01-24-2018 10:02 AM
    Considering I have been a heavy Android user since 2009, I have a few things that I would like to change to make it "perfect".

1. Let me arrange icons on the home screen as I see fit. I am fine with the tiles, even though I miss the app drawer. But why can't I place an app here or there, or with a mostly blank screen and just a few at the bottom? I do not like how they auto arrange with an anchor point at the top left.

2. Notifications are a mess. Really wish when you get multiples from the same app, it would group them instead of one by one.

3. I would have loved a fingerprint scanner somewhere on back or even on the side. I wish they stole Sony's idea and put it on the power button (or is it a Siri button now?) at least.

4. Some sort of ambient display that shows notifications better with the screen off, instead of forcing the screen on. Or an always on display.

Other than that, this phone is remarkable and I am going to have a hard time going back to Android (if I decide to do that) and have to use a stupid home button again. I LOVE flicking-off apps when I am done with them.
    jlczl and gabbott like this.
    01-24-2018 10:02 AM
    While I can agree that Apple should have kept an option for battery percentage -- and it is still something I'd like to see added (maybe remove the battery icon and put a number (the percentage) of battery left in its place -- I can't agree about not needing signal strength. In fact, one of my complaints about the X is that you can no longer put the numerical value for the signal strength in the status bar -- instead you just have the bars to indicate the strength.
    That is a very loaded issue. Apple doesn't want us to have the dbm reading because they get more complaints about needing repair or replacement due to having concrete evidence of an issue. With the signal symbol, they can make that look however they want and we are just guessing what out actual exact signal strength is. I have major issues with this.
    01-24-2018 11:16 AM
    Everybody would say Apple was copying Samsung though. My S8+ did that on the Always On screen I believe.
    I wouldn't mind an AOD on the X. I'm so used to it with my Note 8 and Pixel 2XL.
    01-24-2018 11:52 AM
    Nothing. I am enjoying my X just as it is. Everything works to my liking.
    01-24-2018 01:58 PM
    I love mine as is!
    01-24-2018 05:40 PM
    Wider screen, no notch, better battery life, faster Face ID.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    01-25-2018 05:16 AM
    Home screen customization lol
    01-25-2018 10:41 PM
    1. No notch; 2. Same size as the 8 (little too tall and narrow); 3. Better battery like the 8 Plus; 4. Headphone jack (I like the option of it there)
    01-25-2018 11:03 PM
    While I can agree that Apple should have kept an option for battery percentage -- and it is still something I'd like to see added (maybe remove the battery icon and put a number (the percentage) of battery left in its place -- I can't agree about not needing signal strength. In fact, one of my complaints about the X is that you can no longer put the numerical value for the signal strength in the status bar -- instead you just have the bars to indicate the strength.
    I used to obsess over this (dbm value). Now, I prefer to just have a rough idea via the signal strength bar. I find I don’t fret over it as much. Sort of like watching the fuel economy gauge on my truck and worrying about whether it’s 18.1 vs 18.3 mpg. I prefer to just turn the display to something else so it doesn’t distract me.

Yeah, I have issues.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-27-2018 02:18 PM
    I used to obsess over this (dbm value). Now, I prefer to just have a rough idea via the signal strength bar. I find I don’t fret over it as much. Sort of like watching the fuel economy gauge on my truck and worrying about whether it’s 18.1 vs 18.3 mpg. I prefer to just turn the display to something else so it doesn’t distract me.

Yeah, I have issues.
    It sounds like the same argument being made by some who say it isn't a big deal that the iPhone X is missing the percentage of battery remaining. Don't get me wrong, I don't completely disagree. I actually didn't have that much of an issue with the percentage being missing from the X -- I could still get a good idea of the battery life left from the icon and checking the exact percentage was easy to do. (either swipe left or down). Trying to find my signal strength, if I felt the need to see, was not as simple.

So, while I agree in principle, I do understand the desire to have a percentage of battery or a signal strength showing in the taskbar -- and do feel like it is an option that should be given.
    01-27-2018 06:38 PM
    I wouldn’t mind an iPhone 7/8 Plus size with all screen. I got the iPhone X because it was smaller but I miss the with of my 7 Plus.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-27-2018 09:28 PM
    As I sit here and think about my answer. A lot of what has been posted is true to me.

1. I would love to be able to replace the battery indicator with just the percentage.

2. I have always since iOS 4 or 5 wanted to be able to locate app icons where I want. I don’t really understand why we can’t. Maybe a technical issue? Maybe Apple just doesn’t want us to be able to? Maybe one of us or ALL of us should write Tim and ask him ourselves.

3. The size. I was a plus user from the 6plus. The plus was always sorta big to me. (I use a case usually). I used it just fine, but I would like something a little wider. A little taller. However honestly, not too much more. I’m surprised I adjusted to the X so well after some issues at the beginning were solved.

4. I want better low light camera performance. It’s not “bad” but it’s not “great” either.

5. Obviously I want better battery life.

Yep. Those are mine.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-27-2018 10:32 PM
    Larger screen, no notch, and battery percentage in the front.
    It is annoying to have to swipe down to get to the battery percentage. I like to have it visible.
    Also the stupid notch. Some people say they don’t see it. Well, I see it.
    ALL. THE. TIME.
    02-01-2018 09:16 AM
    I'm glad you got past it. It is a beautiful phone just not practical for my daily use. I was so caught up in the shiney new phone that I ignored it for a couple weeks. Then as I used it like I use all my phone's it was always there. The real issue for me was the smaller screen which is caused by the notch existing. If they have a Plus version in the fall I will probably give it a shot even if it has the notch.
    Yeah, if they have a Plus I might consider another X. Otherwise I’ll stick to the non-X, whatever it will be called.
    Even now I find myself reaching for my iPhone 8 Plus over the X. I’m not in love with the smaller screen, notch, no battery icon, and believe it or not, smaller size. I prefer the size of the 8 Plus.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    02-01-2018 09:20 AM
    I wish it was a little smaller. The only transition from iPhone 6s that bugs me is the added size and weight.
    02-01-2018 01:23 PM
    The quick app switcher line (swipe left or right on the bottom white line) should respect the phone's orientation even if the app you are swiping past does not. If I'm playing a game in landscape and want to quickly switch to Messages, but have to go through Podcasts to get there, it's very unnatural. This is how it goes: swipe along the long edge left->right, then swipe along the short edge bottom-right->top-right or top-left->bottom-left, and then back to the long edge left->right.

As many have said, show me the battery % in more places (i.e. in the Siri Search pulldown, or the widgets screen etc).

I agree with the complaint about Control Center moving the cellular and wifi signal indicators from the right to the left. I would also add that time is not visible within control center, despite there being nothing at all in the notches of Control Center.

I'd like Control Center to be a card that you can pick from the app-switcher stack, and I'd like to be able to be able to add regular app icons to Control Center; clock, calculator, and camera apps all have dedicated icons within Control Center already.

When the phone is locked and on the Notification screen, sometimes as I'm reading the text of a notification the screen will turn off. I believe it stays lit for 10 seconds. The workaround is to constantly scroll notifications up and down to stop that from happening, but that's not conducive to reading a series of lengthy notifications. When you turn the phone screen on again, you're back up at the top of the notification list, so it's pretty annoying.
    02-01-2018 02:19 PM
67 123