A Plus size and it would be perfection for me. I don’t mind the smaller size, but I want a bigger screen.
    01-23-2018 11:13 AM
    I used to always be OCD about battery and seeing the exact percentage I had left. This is one of the few things I’m glad I don’t have an option to put on my display permanently anymore because the battery is good enough to where constantly viewing the percentage isn’t needed. I’ll swipe down to check it now but it has helped me be less obsessive about it. I usually dislike options being taken away from us but this one being forcibly removed happens to help me.
    Cool. That's something that you don't mind, but others do mind it.
    01-23-2018 12:29 PM
    I hate that cars doesn’t show percentage either.
    Apple is mimicking the same now on the iPhone X.

I’m just curious if I’d hate it or not as I don’t have an X yet.
    False analogy. Car batteries don't need to be charged up every day (manually, that is).

This is what I want on my iPhone X. Just because you, or anybody else, don't mind not seeing the battery percentage doesn't mean I don't mind not seeing it.
    01-23-2018 12:31 PM
    Meh. It takes like .02 seconds to do, I’ve seen more annoying.
    .02 seconds I don't want to spend looking for battery percent.

Here's the thing, cell phone signal strength doesn't need to be shown. We all have cell signal wherever we are at this point.

Just because you don't mind not seeing the battery percent doesn't mean others don't mind seeing it. It's a huge annoyance among many people. Your opinion doesn't invalidate my opinion.
    briareos4 and libra89 like this.
    01-23-2018 12:32 PM

Here's the thing, cell phone signal strength doesn't need to be shown. We all have cell signal wherever we are at this point.

Just because you don't mind not seeing the battery percent doesn't mean others don't mind seeing it. It's a huge annoyance among many people. Your opinion doesn't invalidate my opinion.
    I would like to see battery % too but I’ve gotten used to it. I wonder if the X2 might have a smaller notch to coincide with the wished-for larger screens. There also seems to be some wasted space on top of the cell, WiFi, and battery indicators.

I do think we still need to show signal strength. I’m often in buildings or locations where it’s weak so I know that at least I can’t take cell signal for granted quite yet. It’s too bad we can’t choose what’s shown.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-23-2018 01:01 PM
    I would like to see battery % too but I’ve gotten used to it. I wonder if the X2 might have a smaller notch to coincide with the wished-for larger screens. There also seems to be some wasted space on top of the cell, WiFi, and battery indicators.

I do think we still need to show signal strength. I’m often in buildings or locations where it’s weak so I know that at least I can’t take cell signal for granted quite yet. It’s too bad we can’t choose what’s shown.
    Agreed especially with your last sentence. Alas, Apple isn’t one to place much priority to choice.
    01-23-2018 01:21 PM
    Your opinion doesn't invalidate my opinion.
    Right back at you. That’s what we’re all doing here, sharing our 0.2 seconds worth........or should I say 2 cents worth lol.
    TwitchyPuppy and msm0511 like this.
    01-23-2018 01:24 PM
    False analogy. Car batteries don't need to be charged up every day (manually, that is).

This is what I want on my iPhone X. Just because you, or anybody else, don't mind not seeing the battery percentage doesn't mean I don't mind not seeing it.
    Who said anything about car batteries. I meant the fuel indicator.
    jlczl likes this.
    01-23-2018 02:00 PM
    Better battery, larger screen, and smaller/no notch would be great. I hate to even admit this because I know how many people would love to have the phone, but i tried using it for a few weeks and really hated it, so now it’s sitting in my dresser drawer, and I went back to my 6S plus.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-23-2018 02:22 PM
    I want the best signal strength that our technology will allow, and bring back my real ability to see dbm.
    TwitchyPuppy and libra89 like this.
    01-23-2018 02:45 PM
    It’s like “Show battery percentage” off, except we don’t have this trigger.
    Yes, I have it enabled, so disabling battery percentage will only be a placebo effect as I know that I can always revert back. I’m wondering how I’d feel if that option was taken away can, like you guys are experiencing now with your X’s
    01-23-2018 02:46 PM
    I’m just being honest, I just pulled down to see my battery percentage and it was so simple to do that I can’t even complain about it not being there. I just have to burn .00002 calories now to see it. YMMV.
    TwitchyPuppy, Vega007 and gabbott like this.
    01-23-2018 04:02 PM
    You’re looking to get a Pixel 2XL anyway so it’ll be resolved!

Not entirely accurate

I never said that, don’t put words in my mouth.
    You sau your opinion, I say mine, others say theirs. It’s called discussing..

And you’re the first person I heard finding the lack of battery percentage annoying, since the X’s release.
    I guess it’s not that big of a deal, overall.
    (Not invalidating your opinion, just stating mine on this).
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-23-2018 04:29 PM
    Yes, I have it enabled, so disabling battery percentage will only be a placebo effect as I know that I can always revert back. I’m wondering how I’d feel if that option was taken away can, like you guys are experiencing now with your X’s
    Well, it’s not really “taken away”. We just have to pull down the notification center a tad to see it.
    Hence my feeling okay with it. Anyway, I see the battery indicator so I have a pretty good idea on how much battery left I have. It’s not like it was completely absent!
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-23-2018 04:34 PM
    You’re looking to get a Pixel 2XL anyway so it’ll be resolved!

Not entirely accurate

I never said that, don’t put words in my mouth.
    You sau your opinion, I say mine, others say theirs. It’s called discussing..

And you’re the first person I heard finding the lack of battery percentage annoying, since the X’s release.
    I guess it’s not that big of a deal, overall.
    (Not invalidating your opinion, just stating mine on this).
    The point of this thread is to list what you personally think would make the X perfect. The simple fact that by stating ‘so what? That doesn’t bother me’, you are invalidating his opinion.

The fact we’re debating such a thing as a percentage indicator means the X is very close to perfect.
    01-23-2018 05:56 PM
    The point of this thread is to list what you personally think would make the X perfect. The simple fact that by stating ‘so what? That doesn’t bother me’, you are invalidating his opinion.

The fact we’re debating such a thing as a percentage indicator means the X is very close to perfect.
    There are basically 2 kind of people, both who love the X:

• One who can adjust to the new changes, even if that change means something as simple as losing the ease on checking your battery percentage.
    • One who cannot adjust to some of the changes in X, even if that change means something as simple as losing the ease on checking your battery percentage.

Don't get me wrong, I too do not like few things in the X, but I have adjusted to like them, or in other words, forced to as I don't have an option as a user to control those. For example, I would wish I have the ability to set what happens when I swipe from the top left or top right so I can switch the control center and notification tray.

There are opinions, sure. But it doesn't make a lot of sense in arguing something that should be very basic that is available in every other phone to be a merit of the X. That is kinda biased towards Apple
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-23-2018 06:47 PM

Please point to me where I stated “So what? That doesn’t bother me”.

He says “I don’t like not having the battery percentage where it used to be”, that’s ok.

I say “I don’t mind not having it because it’s quickly visible via control center”, that’s invalidating his opinion.

I must have missed something because I really don’t get it.
    01-23-2018 08:48 PM
    Please point to me where I stated “So what? That doesn’t bother me”.

He says “I don’t like not having the battery percentage where it used to be”, that’s ok.

I say “I don’t mind not having it because it’s quickly visible via control center”, that’s invalidating his opinion.

I must have missed something because I really don’t get it.
    Perhaps an analogy would better illustrate.

You as the OP posed the question “what would make the x perfect?”

Retinella says “what used to take 1 step to perform (for a very common task), now takes 2 steps. It would be great to go back to 1 step. ”

Rather then just letting it go as a valid entry, you and Tadpole reply how 2 steps are just fine.

Actually, I’ll argue that it’s gone from a 1 step process to a 3 step:

Other iPhones: lift up phone (it wakes), and boom the battery percent is right there.

iPhone X: lift up phone, unlock phone, swipe control center down.
    Last edited by briareos4; 01-23-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    rsgoldens likes this.
    01-23-2018 09:22 PM
    Bigger screen and no notch. So hoping the X+ will do away with the notch. This will also give back our battery percentage of the notch is eliminated. If that means keeping a slightly bigger bezel up top from the bottom I'd be ok with that.
    01-24-2018 02:54 AM
    Perhaps an analogy would better illustrate.

You as the OP posed the question “what would make the x perfect?”

Retinella says “what used to take 1 step to perform (for a very common task), now takes 2 steps. It would be great to go back to 1 step. ”

Rather then just letting it go as a valid entry, you and Tadpole reply how 2 steps are just fine.

Yeah, he doesn’t like the extra step. And I don’t kind the extra step. What’s wrong with that?

Actually, I’ll argue that it’s gone from a 1 step process to a 3 step:

Other iPhones: lift up phone (it wakes), and boom the battery percent is right there.

iPhone X: lift up phone, unlock phone, swipe control center down.

You don’t have to unlock the phone to acces the control center. So it’s 2 steps
    01-24-2018 05:22 AM
    While I don't have one, a cheaper price would be nice.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-24-2018 07:11 AM
    As far as the battery percentage goes an easy solution would be to put a small indicator on the lock screen just below the date. Raise to wake and there the percentage would be.
    01-24-2018 08:50 AM
    As far as the battery percentage goes an easy solution would be to put a small indicator on the lock screen just below the date. Raise to wake and there the percentage would be.
    I like the idea!
    01-24-2018 08:57 AM
    I like the idea!
    Everybody would say Apple was copying Samsung though. My S8+ did that on the Always On screen I believe.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-24-2018 08:59 AM

While I can agree that Apple should have kept an option for battery percentage -- and it is still something I'd like to see added (maybe remove the battery icon and put a number (the percentage) of battery left in its place -- I can't agree about not needing signal strength. In fact, one of my complaints about the X is that you can no longer put the numerical value for the signal strength in the status bar -- instead you just have the bars to indicate the strength.
    jlczl likes this.
    01-24-2018 09:43 AM
67 123