Seems odd, but a supposedly credible source..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk...-release-date/
    01-22-2018 07:33 AM
    I’m sure it’s fake news, for plenty of obvious reasons.
    Annie_8plus and iphonelvr like this.
    01-22-2018 07:34 AM
    All speculation at this moment in time, I will believe it when I hear from the CEO of Apple himself.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    01-22-2018 07:37 AM
    I honestly would not be surprised. They will sell it until the new models arrive, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cover most price points with phones released in 2018. I expect the 8 and 8 Plus would stick around for those that don't want to let go of the touch id. Just my two cents.
    01-22-2018 08:23 AM
    I remember last summer hearing that the X would possibly be a limited offering as it was an anniversary edition. I wouldnt be surprised if it was discontinued and they moved to a couple new variations of it.

It looks like they will go bigger on the next version, which I am not interested in at all. I personally like the size of the X the way it is now.
    01-22-2018 08:47 AM
    I don’t believe that Apple will cancel the sales of the X mid way. They might cancel or reduce the price once the new models are out.

3 phones which will cover a wide price range does make sense, and Apple would want the phone to be accessible for people with different budgets.
    piranhadonna likes this.
    01-22-2018 08:48 AM
    Apple will need a larger-screened iPhone X in order to compete around the world. I'd prefer a larger screen with a bigger battery.
    piranhadonna likes this.
    01-22-2018 09:03 AM
    I'd be stunned and will wait to hear it from Apple before I actually believe it!
    01-22-2018 09:33 AM
    I just read this article from iPhone Hacks, about survey data that claim that iPhone X Accounted for 20 Percent of Total iPhone Sales in the United States in Q4 2017. If that's the case, why would Apple discontinue the X?
    01-22-2018 09:51 AM
    I just read this article from iPhone Hacks, about survey data that claim that iPhone X Accounted for 20 Percent of Total iPhone Sales in the United States in Q4 2017. If that's the case, why would Apple discontinue the X?
    I think it would be discontinued in favor of the next-gen “X” model or whatever they call it. I think the 8 and 8 Plus would stick around as the low-end models while an LCD screen Face ID device would be above those products. And of course whatever OLED high-end that replaces the X to top everything off.
    01-22-2018 09:54 AM
    That is one of those articles that uses too many words to say very little. A 2nd gen X/X Plus in the fall. A new bigger LCD model with FaceID in the fall. That's been said many times recently. Stopping production of the current X in the summer. Sounds about right for a model that will have a replacement a few months later.

Fall release: 2nd gen X/X Plus. Phasing out current gen X. New larger SE with FaceID.

The entire article in one line. Fixed that for ya Forbes.
    Not Quite Right and Tartarus like this.
    01-22-2018 10:19 AM
    http://www.newsweek.com/apple-about-...e-786430?amp=1

Seems like what they are saying in the Newsweek article is that they usually continue to make the older models as a low cost option for consumers. They may not continue making the X as a lower cost option when the new models come along. Only leaving the 8 and 7 as the options.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    01-22-2018 10:53 AM
    So here's another take, this time from Tom's Guide:

"According to a new report, disappointing demand for the smartphone will drive Apple to discontinue this 5.8-inch device, when a new, larger iPhone X Plus (among others) takes its place.

This claim comes from highly-regarded Apple prognosticator Ming-Chi Kuo, an analyst at the KGI securities firm. Since Kuo's notes aren't released to the public, we've learned this from an AppleInsider report that also states Kuo's claim that Apple didn't sell as many iPhone X handsets in China as was expected, and that "the notch" is at least partially to blame."

Click here for a link to entire article

Note, this article mentions an iPhone X Plus, among others....
    DMP89145 and Speedygi like this.
    01-22-2018 11:09 AM
    Funny how people are hating the notch... I find it so pretty...
    tadpoles and Annie_8plus like this.
    01-22-2018 07:32 PM
    Funny how people are hating the notch... I find it so pretty...
    I like it too. It makes the iPhone unique.
    01-22-2018 07:35 PM
    I think it would be discontinued in favor of the next-gen “X” model or whatever they call it. I think the 8 and 8 Plus would stick around as the low-end models while an LCD screen Face ID device would be above those products. And of course whatever OLED high-end that replaces the X to top everything off.
    Yep. From the article...

...the outgoing iPhone X will be replaced by a total of three new iPhone X-inspired designs: a second generation 5.8-inch iPhone X, 6.5-inch iPhone X Plus and a “$650-750” 6.1-inch iPhone SE replacement which will be fitted with Face ID.
    piranhadonna and Frehley like this.
    01-22-2018 07:39 PM
    That is one of those articles that uses too many words to say very little. A 2nd gen X/X Plus in the fall. A new bigger LCD model with FaceID in the fall. That's been said many times recently. Stopping production of the current X in the summer. Sounds about right for a model that will have a replacement a few months later.

Fall release: 2nd gen X/X Plus. Phasing out current gen X. New larger SE with FaceID.

The entire article in one line. Fixed that for ya Forbes.
    This is exactly what I thought. This is just them replacing it with a newer version no? Most likely with Touch ID in the screen is what I’m thinking.
    01-23-2018 06:36 AM
    Isn’t the iPhone X suppose to be a 10th anniversary edition iPhone? If so, then it makes sense for them to not have it stick around as a low cost model to whatever iPhone model is introduced this fall, in my opinion.
    01-23-2018 06:59 AM
    Isn’t the iPhone X suppose to be a 10th anniversary edition iPhone? If so, then it makes sense for them to not have it stick around as a low cost model to whatever iPhone model is introduced this fall, in my opinion.
    Exactly. As usual, people read into this stuff way too deeply. iPhone X is being canceled? Oh no, they must not be selling any iPhone Xs! Apple is doomed again!
    01-23-2018 07:09 AM
    As co-worker of mine so fondly says "Just making s**t up"...
    Tartarus and Frehley like this.
    01-23-2018 08:31 AM
    Yup, and the sooner they stop producing it the better. I like my phone being a bit unique but that is practically impossible in the Apple world we live in. The less are made the less likely they become a dime a dozen. I like that and it’ll encourage me to keep my X much longer term.
    Tartarus and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-23-2018 08:51 AM
    Today you can buy iPhone 6S and 7 from Apple. The article merely states that Apple wouldn’t continue that with X being available once it’s successor is released.

Until Apple shows us what’s next for the iPhone, we wouldn’t know if Apple is abandoning the X or paving way for newer models - as in the rumor is that we will see 3 iPhone releases in 2018.
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-23-2018 10:26 AM
    We'll know when Apple wants us to know!
    Tartarus, cwbcpa and ladyc0524 like this.
    01-23-2018 10:56 AM
    Apple will need a larger-screened iPhone X in order to compete around the world. I'd prefer a larger screen with a bigger battery.
    I totally agree. Bigger battery, larger display, and I’m in 100%
    Tartarus and ravenseb like this.
    01-23-2018 02:11 PM
    Apple most likely don't want the new 5.8" model competing with the current model. It seems I recall it refered to as a limited edition iPhone X. If so, then this could have been the plan all along.
    ravenseb likes this.
    01-23-2018 02:32 PM
115 123 ...