iPhone X being cancelled?

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
A credible source told me that Google hired LG to ask HTC to contact Huawei to see Samsung was making the new “iPhone Galaxy X”. My source is not an insider, but an analyst who’s never gotten anything wrong.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
"iPhone X surpassed our expectations and has been our top-selling iPhone every week since it shipped in November,” says Tim Cook.

Sounds like a phone that is being cancelled, right? Haha

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I was just in the local T-Mobile corporate store today and was asking the sales folks what the hottest devices are at the moment and without hesitation they said the iPhone X and the Note 8 and they have a hard time keeping them in stock. So even though I have heard they are cutting back on production, I think the X is going to be around for a while.

I also spent time asking the two sales folks about how they liked their iPhone X and they love the device and said after a short adjustment getting use to the gesture concept, they have forgot about the home button and would find it hard to go back to using one, thats some positive feedback.

By the way, I also helped out on a sale of an X to a couple who where on the fence between the X and a 8 plus, after I did a demo and let them play with my device, they both bought the X, mission successful.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The lizard I saw in my front yard said he heard from the leader of his hood that the X has been cancelled immediately.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
"iPhone X surpassed our expectations and has been our top-selling iPhone every week since it shipped in November,” says Tim Cook.

Sounds like a phone that is being cancelled, right? Haha

Where are the “iPhone X is a flop” guys now ?
I think they are hiding along with the “Apple is doomed” folks

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Don’t think it’s canceled but I feel they will make changes and bring back the option for a virtual home button to make the haters happy.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I doubt that it will be cancelled. Apple rumors always swirl around like a tasmanian devil on steroids, and I admit, from time to time, I get sucked into the rumor whirlpool too! I also don't believe that sales are poor. The X may be a special edition, to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the iPhone.... but instead of being dropped, I'm sure that it will be the foundation for future models. And as always, time will tell!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I doubt that it will be cancelled. Apple rumors always swirl around like a tasmanian devil on steroids, and I admit, from time to time, I get sucked into the rumor whirlpool too! I also don't believe that sales are poor. The X may be a special edition, to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the iPhone.... but instead of being dropped, I'm sure that it will be the foundation for future models. And as always, time will tell!

Apple reported over $78 Billion in revenue for Q1. That's a record high. They must be doing something right, even if the X isn't doing that great.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Yes considering Tim Cook said last week on the earnings call that it’s been the best selling iPhone every week since launch, and it’s been 3 months, that it is selling very well. Sure the iPhone 8 takes away sales but Apple doesn’t mind. They are still getting sales and giving the buyers more options.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think some just assumed that.
Yeah. I find it weird that it’s just being classified as such out of nowhere. It’s a phone that begins the transition of a new hardware design. It’ll obviously be discontinued at some point in time. I can see it being an iPhone 5 situation where it didn’t actually go a second year but got a new outer shell to help reduce costs of production and got rebranded as the 5C.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. I find it weird that it’s just being classified as such out of nowhere. It’s a phone that begins the transition of a new hardware design. It’ll obviously be discontinued at some point in time. I can see it being an iPhone 5 situation where it didn’t actually go a second year but got a new outer shell to help reduce costs of production and got rebranded as the 5C.

I can see them slapping some aluminum or plastic around the sides and selling it as the....Xc for 3/4 the price.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I can see them slapping some aluminum or plastic around the sides and selling it as the....Xc for 3/4 the price.
That doesn't appear to be the case. Seems like their low budget phone will be 6.1", aluminum bezel, and LCD screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox