iPhone X being cancelled?

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Apple is getting a lot of feedback about the face ID. With LG have a under glass fingerprint sensor I am sure Apple will have one next year. Not saying face ID is bad but so many want the fingerprint back. The X to me fell short of what Apple is capable of and I don't believe next year's model will have face of.

Face ID is the future of Apple. It’s just the way how Apple does. However, there’s a possibility that they might add fingerprint ID to the glass screen in addition to Face ID but Face ID is definitely not going away.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The way the rumor was put out that its going to be cancelled implies they are killing off the design. Not likely at all. If the 6.1 LCD version rumor is true then it would put the '17 X model to close in price and canibalize the sales of a 6.1 LCD and that will have higher margins for Apple. They might as well go with the Xs/Xs Plus with a 9 (6.1 LCD) versions and keep the 7 & 8 for those who want TouchID and ditch the 6s.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Apple is getting a lot of feedback about the face ID. With LG have a under glass fingerprint sensor I am sure Apple will have one next year. Not saying face ID is bad but so many want the fingerprint back. The X to me fell short of what Apple is capable of and I don't believe next year's model will have face of.

I’m so certain FaceID will be on next year’s phone I will state right here that if it doesn’t I’ll eat my hat.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I’m so certain FaceID will be on next year’s phone I will state right here that if it doesn’t I’ll eat my hat.
Not totally sure face ID will go away but I firmly believe that the under glass fingerprint sensor will be on all new devices. I hope for everyone that purchased an x that Apple doesn't drop it.

Pcrispy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
"Cancelled" is the clickbait wording for it. Apple would just not need to continue selling it when the new models come out because they would have a brand new "lower priced" model available for people to buy. OLED panel supplies are already strained, so why would they want to kill themselves in trying to keep production going on an old model that just eats into the production lines of their new models? It wouldn't make any sense. So the iPhone X won't be "cancelled", it just won't be kept around as a lower priced option like they've done in the past. The new LCD version would fill that void.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If I were to use an Android phone, I'm sure I'd go with a Note 8 currently. It's $950, so a $999 iPhone X really isn't hardly any more in cost.

I agree, if you pay full price for the Note 8. The difference is that you can get that Note 8 on a discount all over the place. That’s not the case with the X.

The other side of that coin though is resale value. iPhones always hold their value way better than anything else. So I don’t stress too much about cost since I know it retains value.

Pcrispy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree, if you pay full price for the Note 8. The difference is that you can get that Note 8 on a discount all over the place. That’s not the case with the X.

The other side of that coin though is resale value. iPhones always hold their value way better than anything else. So I don’t stress too much about cost since I know it retains value.

I get a new iPhone every year for my wife and I, then hand our 1 year old phones down to our kids, then sell their 2 year old iPhones for several hundred dollars each every year. I like the look of some phones, but Android OS is not appealing whatsoever, and neither is their fragmentation. So any premium on an iPhone is worth it, even though the cost difference is minimal (since I buy phones on the first day they come out, there aren't any discounts regardless).

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I get a new iPhone every year for my wife and I, then hand our 1 year old phones down to our kids, then sell their 2 year old iPhones for several hundred dollars each every year. I like the look of some phones, but Android OS is not appealing whatsoever, and neither is their fragmentation. So any premium on an iPhone is worth it, even though the cost difference is minimal (since I buy phones on the first day they come out, there aren't any discounts regardless).

We are in a similar pattern although my wife doesn’t always care about getting a new phone each year. It’s at about the 18 month mark that she starts getting the itch. It all works out since we have so many lines. Only my oldest adult daughter gets a new phone every two years. The younger ones get the used phones. Everyone keeps a case and screen protection on so they stay new anyway. Then, like you, we sell the older phones. I keep at least one or two around as backups just in case.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

So I guess you moved on back to an iPhone now?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So I guess you moved on back to an iPhone now?

I actually have a Note 8 and 8 Plus right now. I’m not going to leave iOS totally. First of all, I like a lot about iOS and second, my family and most friends and clients are iOS users. Life is easier for me with an iPhone. That being said, I absolutely love my Note 8. I think it’s the best phone of 2017. Samsung really nailed hardware and software minus maybe one or two things that are nitpicking on my part.

So each has a role in my daily routine. They each do certain things better than the other. The question is, how long will I maintain two phones. I’ve been doing it for about 2-3 months now and honestly, it’s getting old.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I actually have a Note 8 and 8 Plus right now. I’m not going to leave iOS totally. First of all, I like a lot about iOS and second, my family and most friends and clients are iOS users. Life is easier for me with an iPhone. That being said, I absolutely love my Note 8. I think it’s the best phone of 2017. Samsung really nailed hardware and software minus maybe one or two things that are nitpicking on my part.

So each has a role in my daily routine. They each do certain things better than the other. The question is, how long will I maintain two phones. I’ve been doing it for about 2-3 months now and honestly, it’s getting old.

I completely understand. I actually think I finally made up my mind and am going all in with Apple. Aside from some Echo and Google Home devices. What is getting me is that all of my family and friends, aside from my wife, are on Apple/iOS. And there just isn't that cohesive system of phone/watch/tablet/TV that Apple has in the Android world. I think what Google and Android is doing is great. There are a ton of great devices running Android these days, and I like that Android is really pushing Apple, but I just don't know if I can use Android in my day to day life. I want things to work together and I want to use them seamlessly. We have a 15 year old, a 5 year old, and 14 month old twins. I don't have time to mess with this stuff like I used to and want it to just work.

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Ok. I thought that everyone here is somewhat of an Apple enthusiast? If this is the case, then when have you known Apple to be something other than a “this is the design, this is what we made, they have to like it” company, meaning people fussed about the lack of a 3.5 headphone port. Did it ever return, no. People are now fussing about the lack of an hardware fingerprint scanner, will it return, probably not, will the so called “horrible” notch go anywhere, not any time soon. The iPhone X being canceled, this is a media spin up, yes it may go the way of the iPhone 5 and discontinued yes, only to evolve into the next iteration of iPhones which is what was probably supposed to happen as the X was introduced to celebrate the tenth anniversary of iPhone, and to redefine where the next iPhone design will be going. We ought to be glad that if this speculation is true, Apple is expanding on this design and killing off that horrible early 2000 big bezel waste of space design. But all in all this cancelling thing is all speculation by an analyst who has since back tracked in a way on his words.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
It happened before, with the iPhone 5, so I wouldn’t be shocked about that. By the way, haters (like Forbes) are giving a completely negative sense to the rumors. (If true) Apple isn’t “discontinuing “ the iPhone X because if was a flop. Apple is just worried it could erode next gen iPhone sales because it is a great product (even greater at a discounted price).
But, you know, haters gonna hate.

Gray Area

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site

I have a note 8 and iPhone 7. It is annoying carrying 2 phones around but then again I also carry my Galaxy tab e with me everywhere in a backpack! Lol So I guess I’m just a tech person? I’ve been all in, on Android since 2012 with the note 2 and never really cared for iPhone or iOS. I got an iPhone 7 for a good deal $389 a few months ago when the iPhone 8 launched to give iOS a try. IMO The iPhone and iOS is nice but it’s not as impressive as many made it out to be before I actually got a device. My question to you since I’m a newer iOS user is this. Why does everyone seem to say iOS just seemleesly keeps their devices and family in harmony? In my experience with Android I have literally 5 or 6 devices that sync my game data, I have Microsoft office and Google docs, sheets that syncs across devices, Google photos syncs all my pics and I have lots of things in my google drive and one drive. Everything is there and available on every device as long as I download the app and log in. So what’s the actual difference vs what apple devices do?

Gray Area

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site

Right now there’s some great deals for iPhone 8 and X on most U.S carriers. Some are even buy 1 get 1 free!

Luke18

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
Ok, so here is my main question....I’m going to be upgrading to a new phone in a few weeks hopefully....I have had iPhones for the last 5-6 Years, have had nothing but good luck. Also have invested in some more expensive apps...would it be beneficial to upgrade to the X or just wait until this fall to see what comes out? I currently have a iPhone 6+, starting to run slower and my battery is shot. I’m also contemplating on trying the Note 8 but don’t want to purchase apps again....

Plus my other concern is if they change the notch design on the newer phones will the X not be supported enough for app developers????!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative