iPhone X being cancelled?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I honestly would not be surprised. They will sell it until the new models arrive, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cover most price points with phones released in 2018. I expect the 8 and 8 Plus would stick around for those that don't want to let go of the touch id. Just my two cents.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I remember last summer hearing that the X would possibly be a limited offering as it was an anniversary edition. I wouldnt be surprised if it was discontinued and they moved to a couple new variations of it.

It looks like they will go bigger on the next version, which I am not interested in at all. I personally like the size of the X the way it is now.

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I don’t believe that Apple will cancel the sales of the X mid way. They might cancel or reduce the price once the new models are out.

3 phones which will cover a wide price range does make sense, and Apple would want the phone to be accessible for people with different budgets.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I just read this article from iPhone Hacks, about survey data that claim that iPhone X Accounted for 20 Percent of Total iPhone Sales in the United States in Q4 2017. If that's the case, why would Apple discontinue the X?
I think it would be discontinued in favor of the next-gen “X” model or whatever they call it. I think the 8 and 8 Plus would stick around as the low-end models while an LCD screen Face ID device would be above those products. And of course whatever OLED high-end that replaces the X to top everything off.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
That is one of those articles that uses too many words to say very little. A 2nd gen X/X Plus in the fall. A new bigger LCD model with FaceID in the fall. That's been said many times recently. Stopping production of the current X in the summer. Sounds about right for a model that will have a replacement a few months later.

Fall release: 2nd gen X/X Plus. Phasing out current gen X. New larger SE with FaceID.

The entire article in one line. Fixed that for ya Forbes.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So here's another take, this time from Tom's Guide:

"According to a new report, disappointing demand for the smartphone will drive Apple to discontinue this 5.8-inch device, when a new, larger iPhone X Plus (among others) takes its place.

This claim comes from highly-regarded Apple prognosticator Ming-Chi Kuo, an analyst at the KGI securities firm. Since Kuo's notes aren't released to the public, we've learned this from an AppleInsider report that also states Kuo's claim that Apple didn't sell as many iPhone X handsets in China as was expected, and that "the notch" is at least partially to blame."

Click here for a link to entire article

Note, this article mentions an iPhone X Plus, among others....

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think it would be discontinued in favor of the next-gen “X” model or whatever they call it. I think the 8 and 8 Plus would stick around as the low-end models while an LCD screen Face ID device would be above those products. And of course whatever OLED high-end that replaces the X to top everything off.

Yep. From the article...

...the outgoing iPhone X will be replaced by a total of three new iPhone X-inspired designs: a second generation 5.8-inch iPhone X, 6.5-inch iPhone X Plus and a “$650-750” 6.1-inch iPhone SE replacement which will be fitted with Face ID.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
That is one of those articles that uses too many words to say very little. A 2nd gen X/X Plus in the fall. A new bigger LCD model with FaceID in the fall. That's been said many times recently. Stopping production of the current X in the summer. Sounds about right for a model that will have a replacement a few months later.

Fall release: 2nd gen X/X Plus. Phasing out current gen X. New larger SE with FaceID.

The entire article in one line. Fixed that for ya Forbes.

This is exactly what I thought. This is just them replacing it with a newer version no? Most likely with Touch ID in the screen is what I’m thinking.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Isn’t the iPhone X suppose to be a 10th anniversary edition iPhone? If so, then it makes sense for them to not have it stick around as a low cost model to whatever iPhone model is introduced this fall, in my opinion.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Isn’t the iPhone X suppose to be a 10th anniversary edition iPhone? If so, then it makes sense for them to not have it stick around as a low cost model to whatever iPhone model is introduced this fall, in my opinion.

Exactly. As usual, people read into this stuff way too deeply. iPhone X is being canceled? Oh no, they must not be selling any iPhone Xs! Apple is doomed again!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative