I’m scared to ask how this is known.
    You can Google it. Not hard to find. Many articles out there about this.
    02-06-2018 12:31 PM
    You can Google it. Not hard to find. Many articles out there about this.
    Ahh, so there’s rumors.
    02-06-2018 12:32 PM
    Ahh, so there’s rumors.
    It’s not the typical rumors. You have to look at the sources. The sources that tend to nail it every year.
    02-06-2018 12:35 PM
    Okeydoke.
    02-06-2018 12:36 PM
    Okeydoke.
    Same sources that nailed the iPhone X details 18 months in advanced. And everything thing else. So time will tell but I think this is legit. Would make sense why w don’t need an X in the line up next fall.
    02-06-2018 12:42 PM
    I’m scared to ask how this is known.
    Rumors from Chinese sources who have ties to the factory, and that have a history of providing accurate information. This article talks about the rumored devices for this fall.
    02-06-2018 05:16 PM
    Same sources that nailed the iPhone X details 18 months in advanced. And everything thing else. So time will tell but I think this is legit. Would make sense why w don’t need an X in the line up next fall.
    There will be a 5.8" model, just a revamped X with some new stuff.
    02-10-2018 10:24 AM
    Not disputing anything, but when was it established that the X is a special limited edition commemorating a 10 year anniversary?
    It was portrayed that way on most of the blogs before releasing. It was stated that the device would be an experimental device to show where Apple would go next, which seems to be the case.

The Verge had a pretty good write up detailing that mindset before the device released. Most of the articles had agreed that it wouldnt be like the 6/7/8 series that would continue to be sold the following years. It would be a stepping stone to future devices.
    02-10-2018 10:37 AM
    It was portrayed that way on most of the blogs before releasing. It was stated that the device would be an experimental device to show where Apple would go next, which seems to be the case.

The Verge had a pretty good write up detailing that mindset before the device released. Most of the articles had agreed that it wouldnt be like the 6/7/8 series that would continue to be sold the following years. It would be a stepping stone to future devices.
    I should have asked when was it established by Apple. My mistake.
    02-10-2018 01:02 PM

Since when The Verge knows Apple’s plan ?
    The point is we don’t know what will happen next September about the iPhone X, and even Kuo was just guessing.
    Apple could discontinue it, or they just could keep selling it at a reduced price.
    The question is: would you buy a $899 one year old device ? I wouldn’t, so I think Apple will discontinue it.
    02-10-2018 01:51 PM
    Since when The Verge knows Apple’s plan ?
    The point is we don’t know what will happen next September about the iPhone X, and even Kuo was just guessing.
    Apple could discontinue it, or they just could keep selling it at a reduced price.
    The question is: would you buy a $899 one year old device ? I wouldn’t, so I think Apple will discontinue it.
    Opinion piece Max. Nobody said it was confirmed or a plan. It was speculation by some blogs.
    02-10-2018 01:54 PM
    Opinion piece Max. Nobody said it was confirmed or a plan. It was speculation by some blogs.
    Speculation. Bad reporting by others. Rumors. Reason why many people still think, outside of tech people, think the X is still getting cancelled. Because now TV news outlets reports it. Or Verizon store managers telling that Jude lady here it’s getting cancelled.
    02-10-2018 02:46 PM
    Speculation. Bad reporting by others. Rumors. Reason why many people still think, outside of tech people, think the X is still getting cancelled. Because now TV news outlets reports it. Or Verizon store managers telling that Jude lady here it’s getting cancelled.
    Like Ive said from the beginning, nobody will know until apple tells us. Until then its all speculation.
    tadpoles and calebt like this.
    02-10-2018 02:54 PM
    Like Ive said from the beginning, nobody will know until apple tells us. Until then its all speculation.
    Exactly. Period.
    calebt and Seneca09 like this.
    02-10-2018 08:37 PM
    Still not cancelled yet, eh? Lol.

This is what happened with bad reporting. Rumors went out everywhere. Verizon store managers telling customers it was indeed cancelled. Then Apple says on a conference call right after these bad rumors that it had been best selling iPhone every week since it had released. Problem is people are too gullible and believer everything somebody tells them or reads.
    03-15-2018 11:45 AM
    It's a status symbol. The kind that makes easy to see who has a thousand dollar device on their person.
    04-29-2018 04:54 PM
    It's a status symbol. The kind that makes easy to see who has a thousand dollar device on their person.
    I’m clearly missing something. What does your opinion have to do with the thread title? If your comment was in reply to another poster, to whom were you replying?
    Evilguppy and Lee_Bo like this.
    04-29-2018 05:38 PM
    Do I smell sour grapes, here?
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-29-2018 05:39 PM
    Well, yes. But the same can be said about other devices, such as the 128GB Pixel 2 XL (after tax), 256GB iPhone 8 Plus (after tax), Note 8 (after tax), and others.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-29-2018 08:03 PM
    But only one has a big notch. So a criminal knows that's a thousand dollar phone.
    04-29-2018 08:15 PM
    But only one has a big notch. So a criminal knows that's a thousand dollar phone.
    1. iPhone X is not the only phone with a notch.
    2. Don’t be careless with your phone and you really don’t have to worry about criminals.
    Mr Segundus and Sherry_B like this.
    04-29-2018 08:18 PM
    Didn’t know criminals were out looking for notch sizes. And that phone won’t be worth much when it’s locked down.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    04-29-2018 11:46 PM
    Didn’t know criminals were out looking for notch sizes. And that phone won’t be worth much when it’s locked down.
    You mean you’ve never had a stranger approach you and try to measure your notch?
    Last edited by Rob Phillips; 04-30-2018 at 05:24 AM.
    gyounk, Tartarus, cwbcpa and 1 others like this.
    04-30-2018 04:52 AM
    As long as mine works I could care less anymore the market is flooded with new devices.
    04-30-2018 09:18 AM
    I found this article on Cnet interesting. For most of the article they make it sound very doom and gloom, including with the Tweets and other ads for the article, such as this one: https://twitter.com/CNET/status/990959831984103424

Yet, then you get down to this nugget in the article: "Overall, analysts believe Apple sold 54 million iPhones in the March quarter, compared with 50.8 million a year ago." So, while it isn't great growth, Apple isn't really hurting. On top of that, what they don't typically report when talking about how horrible the iPhone X is selling, is that Samsung sales have been down since the S7 -- while the S9 is selling better than the S8, it is still much lower than the S7 sales were when it was new. The fact is, the market is maturing; there is less and less benefit to buying a new flagship phone every year.
    04-30-2018 09:33 AM
179 ... 34567 ...