I am sure it will when the next phone(s) come out but they aren't just going to cancel it any time soon.
    You noticed the source? Verizon store manager? Lmao. People are so gullible to believe anything.
    01-30-2018 02:28 PM
    Unfortunately the X wasnt intended to sell in large quantities in 2017. They were only estimating 40 million by the end of the 2017 year. They were expecting to ramp up production and sell the majority in 2018, estimating between 80 and 90 million. That number has been cut in half and now its estimated at 40 million.

They basically lost 1/3 of their anticipated sales. Thats not good.
    Okay. I’ll take your word for it.

I still maintain the X was meant to be a limited edition and wasnt going to be sold once the new cycle began. It was meant to be an anniversary phone that paved the way for future devices.
    Agreed
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    01-30-2018 03:47 PM
    You noticed the source? Verizon store manager? Lmao. People are so gullible to believe anything.
    I don't trust any store or carrier reps. From any carrier. Especially when ti comes to something of this nature. A lot of times they don't truly know what they're talking about. I have seen way too many make stuff up on the spot.
    01-30-2018 05:30 PM
    I don't trust any store or carrier reps. From any carrier. Especially when ti comes to something of this nature. A lot of times they don't truly know what they're talking about. I have seen way too many make stuff up on the spot.
    Exactly.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    01-30-2018 08:48 PM
    Only the 8 has been cut this much dating back to the 6s. The 6s was cut 30% in the first qtr of 2016. The 7 was cut only 10% in the first qtr of 2017 and now the X is cut 50%. The 8 was the worst case by being cut 50% in November and December of 2017.

The issue with the X being cut though is it was intentionally produced at lower volumes than normal during the holiday season. It was expected to double that volume in 2018. They projected 80-90 million but are now cutting it to 40 million. Their strategy didnt work and they should have produced double in 2017 and lowered it in 2018.
    The issue with production in 2017 was parts availability. They were working on some of the features, most likely the FaceID, almost right up to the fall event. Because of this, the X was delayed and it took time for the factories to ramp up production -- particularly as there were rumors of some of the new chips having a high failure rate in the initial production runs of the new chips. They were going to be able to ramp up production of the phone in 2018 as the chip supply became stable, as the factories worked out the kinks in producing the chips.
    01-31-2018 07:17 AM
    A credible source told me that Google hired LG to ask HTC to contact Huawei to see Samsung was making the new “iPhone Galaxy X”. My source is not an insider, but an analyst who’s never gotten anything wrong.
    tadpoles likes this.
    01-31-2018 07:47 AM
    My dog has confirmed, through an unnamed source, that the X is indeed cancelled.
    ladyc0524 and tadpoles like this.
    01-31-2018 10:57 AM
    "iPhone X surpassed our expectations and has been our top-selling iPhone every week since it shipped in November,” says Tim Cook.

Sounds like a phone that is being cancelled, right? Haha
    johnmoore13 and MaxSmarties like this.
    02-01-2018 03:59 PM
    My dog has confirmed, through an unnamed source, that the X is indeed cancelled.
    You never get fake news with the dog. Always trustworthy.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    02-02-2018 06:47 PM
    I was just in the local T-Mobile corporate store today and was asking the sales folks what the hottest devices are at the moment and without hesitation they said the iPhone X and the Note 8 and they have a hard time keeping them in stock. So even though I have heard they are cutting back on production, I think the X is going to be around for a while.

I also spent time asking the two sales folks about how they liked their iPhone X and they love the device and said after a short adjustment getting use to the gesture concept, they have forgot about the home button and would find it hard to go back to using one, thats some positive feedback.

By the way, I also helped out on a sale of an X to a couple who where on the fence between the X and a 8 plus, after I did a demo and let them play with my device, they both bought the X, mission successful.
    Tartarus, djrakowski and ladyc0524 like this.
    02-03-2018 01:31 PM
    You never get fake news with the dog. Always trustworthy.
    Except my log will lie through her teeth for food. Haha
    violetjune and ladyc0524 like this.
    02-03-2018 01:53 PM
    Except my log will lie through her teeth for food. Haha
    Oh, a female! That explains it. {Runs and hides}
    tadpoles and MaxSmarties like this.
    02-03-2018 06:42 PM
    The lizard I saw in my front yard said he heard from the leader of his hood that the X has been cancelled immediately.
    tadpoles likes this.
    02-04-2018 11:14 PM
    "iPhone X surpassed our expectations and has been our top-selling iPhone every week since it shipped in November,” says Tim Cook.

Sounds like a phone that is being cancelled, right? Haha
    Where are the “iPhone X is a flop” guys now ?
    I think they are hiding along with the “Apple is doomed” folks
    02-05-2018 01:24 AM
    Don’t think it’s canceled but I feel they will make changes and bring back the option for a virtual home button to make the haters happy.
    02-05-2018 07:37 AM
    I doubt that it will be cancelled. Apple rumors always swirl around like a tasmanian devil on steroids, and I admit, from time to time, I get sucked into the rumor whirlpool too! I also don't believe that sales are poor. The X may be a special edition, to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the iPhone.... but instead of being dropped, I'm sure that it will be the foundation for future models. And as always, time will tell!
    02-05-2018 08:07 AM
    I doubt that it will be cancelled. Apple rumors always swirl around like a tasmanian devil on steroids, and I admit, from time to time, I get sucked into the rumor whirlpool too! I also don't believe that sales are poor. The X may be a special edition, to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the iPhone.... but instead of being dropped, I'm sure that it will be the foundation for future models. And as always, time will tell!
    Apple reported over $78 Billion in revenue for Q1. That's a record high. They must be doing something right, even if the X isn't doing that great.
    02-05-2018 04:58 PM
    Apple reported over $78 Billion in revenue for Q1. That's a record high. They must be doing something right, even if the X isn't doing that great.
    They are. They're offering quality and options.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    02-05-2018 05:21 PM
    Yes considering Tim Cook said last week on the earnings call that it’s been the best selling iPhone every week since launch, and it’s been 3 months, that it is selling very well. Sure the iPhone 8 takes away sales but Apple doesn’t mind. They are still getting sales and giving the buyers more options.
    02-05-2018 09:47 PM
    Not disputing anything, but when was it established that the X is a special limited edition commemorating a 10 year anniversary?
    02-05-2018 10:52 PM
    Not disputing anything, but when was it established that the X is a special limited edition commemorating a 10 year anniversary?
    I think some just assumed that.
    Gray Area likes this.
    02-05-2018 11:01 PM
    I think some just assumed that.
    Yeah. I find it weird that it’s just being classified as such out of nowhere. It’s a phone that begins the transition of a new hardware design. It’ll obviously be discontinued at some point in time. I can see it being an iPhone 5 situation where it didn’t actually go a second year but got a new outer shell to help reduce costs of production and got rebranded as the 5C.
    02-06-2018 09:24 AM
    Yeah. I find it weird that it’s just being classified as such out of nowhere. It’s a phone that begins the transition of a new hardware design. It’ll obviously be discontinued at some point in time. I can see it being an iPhone 5 situation where it didn’t actually go a second year but got a new outer shell to help reduce costs of production and got rebranded as the 5C.
    I can see them slapping some aluminum or plastic around the sides and selling it as the....Xc for 3/4 the price.
    02-06-2018 10:45 AM
    I can see them slapping some aluminum or plastic around the sides and selling it as the....Xc for 3/4 the price.
    That doesn't appear to be the case. Seems like their low budget phone will be 6.1", aluminum bezel, and LCD screen.
    02-06-2018 12:27 PM
    That doesn't appear to be the case. Seems like their low budget phone will be 6.1", aluminum bezel, and LCD screen.
    I’m scared to ask how this is known.
    02-06-2018 12:28 PM
179 ... 23456 ...