As stated in a different thread, I purchased a brand new 13" space gray MacBook Pro (mid-2017 model) without the touch bar thingy yesterday from a nearby Best Buy store. I love it! With that in mind, I notice that it charges super quickly which made me ask the question, "If Apple can make a large MacBook charge super quickly, why can't it do the same for my iPhone?" Don't get me wrong, I'm content with the speed in which my iPhone charges. Still, it's a question I'm interested in knowing the answer to. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 01-21-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    01-21-2018 09:21 AM
    Your MacBook Pro comes with a 65W power adapter whereas your iPhone X comes with a 5W power adapter. That is the problem.

You will see a big difference if you use that 65W adapter to charge your iPhone but you will need a USB-C to lightning cable to do that.

You could also buy some fast charge adapters from Amazon (24W or more) instead as well.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-21-2018 10:27 AM
    Your MacBook Pro comes with a 65W power adapter whereas your iPhone X comes with a 5W power adapter. That is the problem.

You will see a big difference if you use that 65W adapter to charge your iPhone but you will need a USB-C to lightning cable to do that.

You could also buy some fast charge adapters from Amazon (24W or more) instead as well.
    I should have stated in my original post that I’m aware of the differences in charging blocks. I was thinking more in terms of how fast it should charge with what it comes with it due to its size. I hope that made sense. Oh, and I did buy a USB-C to lightning cable when I bought my MBP. Im big into setting up my iPhone as new so I knew that would be the first accessory I’d buy for it.
    01-21-2018 10:34 AM
    While I haven’t measured the fast charging and it’s impact, others have and here is an article that goes in detail that might be of help:

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/ipho...eeds-compared/
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-21-2018 10:38 AM
    While I haven’t measured the fast charging and it’s impact, others have and here is an article that goes in detail that might be of help:

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/ipho...eeds-compared/
    Thank you very much. I appreciate the link...
    01-21-2018 10:41 AM
    This is me completely guessing, but maybe heat dissipation is a big play as well. MBPs have vents built in for heat dissipation whereas iPhones don't. MBPs also have fans to help with heat.
    01-22-2018 10:46 AM
    Have you tried charging your ipx on your MacBook? Mine charges super fast when connected to my mbp. I have a 2015 dongleless version though
    01-23-2018 07:31 AM
    Have you tried charging your ipx on your MacBook? Mine charges super fast when connected to my mbp. I have a 2015 dongleless version though
    You know, I had it connected to my MacBook Pro when I was locking it down via the Apple Configurator, but I didn’t pay attention to the battery level. I’m sure it charges fast.
    01-23-2018 08:06 AM