May be a dumb question but who all uses popsockets?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I never really understood why people liked them so much because I thought they looked silly and seemed like they'd be uncomfortable in my pocket. My niece had one on her phone, and I had to do something on it. Then I understood why people like them. I still don't think the advantage of using one is enough for how uncomfortable it would make my phone in my pocket though.

Like you, I see the attraction, But having to take it off before putting it in my pocket or before placing it on a wireless charging base was too much of a hassle for 'me'.

I will say I had no issues with putting my phone in my pocket when I did use a PopSocket.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Question my wife has for these. She is interested in getting one but can you wireless charge with this on? Anybody who can answer this for her, it would greatly be appreciated.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I love Popsockets. Even bought a few blank ones without graphics so I could make my own stickers to put on them with my die cutting machine.

Question my wife has for these. She is interested in getting one but can you wireless charge with this on? Anybody who can answer this for her, it would greatly be appreciated.

You can, yes. Although it works much better if the phone is laying horizontal on a charging mat rather than leaning upright on a stand. I have a slanted stand and it does work, but it's wonky kinda.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I dont like using anything but a case on my phone. Otherwise it makes it too much of a bear to slide it into a pocket or cubbyhole.

They can be flattened against the back of the phone. While they're not completely flat, they don't stick out enough to cause an issue going in a pocket. I put mine in my pocket on a daily bases, several times a day..... I typically have my hands full going up or down two flights of stairs in my house, so my phone goes in my pocket.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm not a 13 year old girl, so no.

First and foremost it is a tool to help keep a better grip on your phone.

I'm in my 50's, and because I enjoy crafting I plan on putting a picture of my daughter, who is recently deceased, on popsockets for myself, her father, my son, and a few of my daughters best adult friends. We all use, and enjoy, popsockets.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My 6s Plus feels comfy enough without a popsocket. I do a good bit of photoshop on my phone, and think a popsocket would be a distraction and nuisance.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Popsockets would not work for me, because I have a wireless charger, and don't like how they wobble around. That said, I can appreciate how they benefit others. I have a senior citizen friend who has mobility issues, and she finds that a popsocket helps her to hold her phone. So basically, to each his own... it's a matter of personal preference!

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I have a few along with other type ring holders. I would use them more often if they didn’t get in the way when using my wireless charger.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It seems that I really only see pop sockets on the Plus size phones. 7 Plus and etc. Probably because those phones are a tank with that Jay Leno chin and forehead.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro