May be a dumb question but who all uses popsockets?

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the fence about getting a pop socket for my X and wondering how many actually use them. Do you remove them and swap between cases? Are they a gimmick or actually nice to have?

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
My honest opinion, look at loopy cases. I didn’t want to buy into the hype until I started using one. Couldn’t get use to it at first, but now I can’t believe I didn’t use one previous. I have the matte black for my x

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My youngest son does. I gave it a try, and although I see the why people like using it, it’s not for me, especially in a full time capacity.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I'll look into those cases as well, I've noticed when using a kickstand case it places the volume rockers on the bottom that's why I was looking for something that I can rotate any direction

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I used a PopSocket for a while, the biggest issue with them for me is placement. I can’t find a good place to put it where it works good enough for me.

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I use a ring loop. Find it very useful to handle the 8 plus. And I can place it at an angle while reading books or watching videos.

The only drawback is that the phone can never be kept flat on its back.

tica02

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I use a loopy in matte wine color. My parents have an s8+ and a note eight and they actually each have two pop sockets on their cases. My mom swears by them.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My kids do. I was the cool mom last Christmas for putting pop sockets in their stockings. They’ve since gotten a few others. It’s all the rage here where we are. They’ve even gotten their great grandmother to use one.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
For me, it was short lived.. I think what I didn’t like about them was not laying flush on my desk. My phone just wobbled around when I tapped my phone to change a song or checked a text message..

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The one issue I have with them like others have stated is that my phone wouldn’t lay flat and it would just wobble. Was looking into getting a dock that props up my phone for my desk and it wouldn’t work with a ring or loop attached to the back

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
What about wireless charging? does the Pop Socket interfere? I have a Loopy Case but have not put it on my 8+ and wireless charging is very important to me

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
What about wireless charging? does the Pop Socket interfere? I have a Loopy Case but have not put it on my 8+ and wireless charging is very important to me
I would imagine they would interfere because the charger couldn't make close enough contact.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I never really understood why people liked them so much because I thought they looked silly and seemed like they'd be uncomfortable in my pocket. My niece had one on her phone, and I had to do something on it. Then I understood why people like them. I still don't think the advantage of using one is enough for how uncomfortable it would make my phone in my pocket though.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I never really understood why people liked them so much because I thought they looked silly and seemed like they'd be uncomfortable in my pocket. My niece had one on her phone, and I had to do something on it. Then I understood why people like them. I still don't think the advantage of using one is enough for how uncomfortable it would make my phone in my pocket though.
Like you, I see the attraction, But having to take it off before putting it in my pocket or before placing it on a wireless charging base was too much of a hassle for 'me'.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Like you, I see the attraction, But having to take it off before putting it in my pocket or before placing it on a wireless charging base was too much of a hassle for 'me'.

This is purely anecdotal, but from what I've noticed most people that use them that I've seen are kids and women. Women generally carry purses, so their phones are in their pockets less. Maybe that's why.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is purely anecdotal, but from what I've noticed most people that use them that I've seen are kids and women. Women generally carry purses, so their phones are in their pockets less. Maybe that's why.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've seen, too, with a few exceptions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox