Is there a way to have phone calls show up in a banner while using the phone?

Carraser23

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way to have phone calls show up in a banner while using the phone rather than it interrupting whatever I’m doing? I see the toggle in settings but it still interrupts.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Re: Incoming Phone call banners

Is there a way to have phone calls show up in a banner while using the phone rather than it interrupting whatever I’m doing? I see the toggle in settings but it still interrupts.

Unfortunately this is something iOS has ignored. Its very annoying and its been asked for for years but still nothing.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Incoming Phone call banners

I think we’re losing the true definition of a phone. No matter how our phone has evolved over the years adding so many features, it’s still a phone and the main function of this device is to make and receive a phone calls. If you take that away, this device should not be called a phone anymore. On an iPad, your call will come as a banner and you can simply swipe that away and ignore it and that make sense because it’s not a phone.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site

I think we’re losing the true definition of a phone. No matter how our phone has evolved over the years adding so many features, it’s still a phone and the main function of this device is to make and receive a phone calls. If you take that away, this device should not be called a phone anymore. On an iPad, your call will come as a banner and you can simply swipe that away and ignore it and that make sense because it’s not a phone.

If the call still shows up without taking over what your doing its still a phone, just not an invasive phone when unwanted spam calls come through.

Unfortunately these phones are rarely used for calls anymore. Its too easy to handle communication other than making an actual call. Truth be told, calls are the most annoying aspect of phones nowadays.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

If the call still shows up without taking over what your doing its still a phone, just not an invasive phone when unwanted spam calls come through.

Unfortunately these phones are rarely used for calls anymore. Its too easy to handle communication other than making an actual call. Truth be told, calls are the most annoying aspect of phones nowadays.

In case of spam calls, press the power button twice and end the call.
That way you get to continue with what you were doing.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

With all do respect, I disagree. Many people no longer have a “land line” and their cellphone is their primary phone.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Google “ios incoming call banner” and you’ll find posts on this forum, reddit etc and even youtube videos asking for it.

I could search for iOS showing a pole dancer every time a call comes in if I wanted. Doesn't mean it's a heavily requested feature.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site

I could search for iOS showing a pole dancer every time a call comes in if I wanted. Doesn't mean it's a heavily requested feature.

Then I guess the requests dont exist.

I gotta say, Ive never seen a more argumentative group on a forum before. Even when I was a member here years ago I dont ever remember these forums being this bad.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I get that, but it still takes over the entire screen.

I, more often than not, never pay attention to notification banners. With the current way calls are being showed I don’t miss calls that I otherwise would have missed.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Then I guess the requests dont exist.

I gotta say, Ive never seen a more argumentative group on a forum before. Even when I was a member here years ago I dont ever remember these forums being this bad.

Calm down. I was just trying to point out that not everything that is requested is needed. As someone else mentioned, the iPhone is first and foremost a phone. If they allow people to mess with the most basic of features, then someone will find a reason to complain about it not working correctly. That is my guess why it hasn't been implemented so far.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site

Im calm lol. Requesting features or options doesnt upset me like it seems to do others. I wasnt aware options were a bad thing. The OP asked if it were available, its not, its disappointing to some and not others. Life goes on.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site

I thought you meant either or. If it does both, you still get what annoys you. Maybe a setting in settlngs > phone to set how we prefer alerts for calls during calls. You can request it here:
Feedback
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

Thats what I was thinking was an option like android does.

Im on my phone nonstop for work and when typing an email I have answered many unwanted calls because I continue typing right into the answer button lol.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I get that, but it still takes over the entire screen.

Preaching to the choir. I think the way we use our phones has evolved since the first iPhone and I think it would be nice to have the option of having incoming calls as banners or alerts. That way all the modern and old folk are happy.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I've personally felt as though the term "phone" for our devices is antiquated and should be done away with anyway. I use my device for many things and "phone" probably isn't even in the top three on that list.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711