Is there a way to have phone calls show up in a banner while using the phone?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
And the push is for more. And the trend is up.
https://www.telework.gov/

bb2970e378987fa5c97d26767a5549b5.jpg

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Again, your individual usage does not matter in this discussion because you are in a small minority that uses the phone.

Ill give you my wifes stats. No landline, Owns a business, works on the road.

December:
Calls - 1789 minutes
Texts - 6124
Emails - No way to count but Im going to average low and say 20 per day 6 days a week. Thats 480 emails.

6604 means of communication besides calls.
1789 minutes of calls.

Roughly 21% of her communication was calls. 21 percent.

You are arguing that the population statistically uses the phone more than any other means of communication when your own numbers dont support that.

You clearly arent willing to accept the stats you've provided so I can only assume you just want to debate nonsense. The numbers on phone usage is there for you to view. If you dont like it, cool but it doesnt change the fact that the phone is rarely used when compared to all other forms of communication.

So you understand, that 37% compared calls, texts and email. No chat apps, no facebook, nothing else. How much smaller do you think that number will shrink when you compare those other forms of communication?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Again, your individual usage does not matter in this discussion because you are in a small minority that uses the phone.

Ill give you my wifes stats. No landline, Owns a business, works on the road.

December:
Calls - 1789 minutes
Texts - 6124
Emails - No way to count but Im going to average low and say 20 per day 6 days a week. Thats 480 emails.

6604 means of communication besides calls.
1789 minutes of calls.

Roughly 21% of her communication was calls. 21 percent.

You are arguing that the population statistically uses the phone more than any other means of communication when your own numbers dont support that.

You clearly arent willing to accept the stats you've provided so I can only assume you just want to debate nonsense. The numbers on phone usage is there for you to view. If you dont like it, cool but it doesnt change the fact that the phone is rarely used when compared to all other forms of communication.

So you understand, that 37% compared calls, texts and email. No chat apps, no facebook, nothing else. How much smaller do you think that number will shrink when you compare those other forms of communication?

WRONG. Show me where I said that the phone is statistically used more than other means of communication.

Go ahead. I’ll wait.

And again, I am not making any case for majority/minority.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Why do you keep posting trends when its been acknowledged that the trend is on the rise however only 7% of companies utilize that trend?

Because the trend means that phone use is not “rarely” used. All these people use phones. Increasingly so.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
WRONG. Show me where I said that the phone is statistically used more than other means of communication.

Go ahead. I’ll wait.

And again, I am not making any case for majority/minority.

This is incongruous with the statistics I showed.

And NOBODY but you is discussing Trends, literally nobody. We were discussing statistics backing up my claims that the phone is rarely used compared to other forms of communication.

This conversation is incredibly ridiculous. Enjoy your trends.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
And NOBODY but you is discussing Trends, literally nobody. We were discussing statistics backing up my claims that the phone is rarely used compared to other forms of communication.

This conversation is incredibly ridiculous. Enjoy your trends.

Are you leaving?

Your statement that phones are rarely used is not borne out by the fact that the enterprise is moving to telework. *YOU* got on a majority/minority gig. Which I *NEVER* argued.

I did argue for a trend because it proves that with enterprise moving to telework the phone portion of the mobile device is increasingly of use.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Are you leaving?

Your statement that phones are rarely used is not borne out by the fact that the enterprise is moving to telework. *YOU* got on a majority/minority gig. Which I *NEVER* argued.

I did argue for a trend because it proves that with enterprise moving to telework the phone portion of the mobile device is increasingly of use.

NOBODY said a trend, NOBODY. Statistics for current usage supports the claim that the phone is rarely used.

Your division that is "trending" is 7% of the workforce. That doesnt even include personal use.

You're being incredibly ridiculous by continuing to prove the point that the phone is rarely used and only a minority uses it. Thats how the statistic is based, by minority vs majority. Thats what determines its rare use.

You're screwing with me right? This conversation is just some insane way to cure boredom or something?

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
In 1920s the Model T was a rare. In the 1950s most homes had two phones. In the 1980s mobile phones were rare.

Trends are not static. Statistics change as demographics and technology change.

And in those eras those devices were not technology that has progressed and evolved past its peak usage.

Again, TRENDS do not equal statistics for today.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
NOBODY said a trend, NOBODY. Statistics for current usage supports the claim that the phone is rarely used.

Your division that is "trending" is 7% of the workforce. That doesnt even include personal use.

You're being incredibly ridiculous by continuing to prove the point that the phone is rarely used and only a minority uses it. Thats how the statistic is based, by minority vs majority. Thats what determines its rare use.

You're screwing with me right? This conversation is just some insane way to cure boredom or something?

Nope. I’m curious as to why you would think that people rarely talk on the phone.

Let’s go back. You said phones are rarely used. I said not so, teleworkers use their phones all day. You got in a minority/majority gig. I showed telework is trending up.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Nope. I’m curious as to why you would think that people rarely talk on the phone.

Let’s go back. You said phones are rarely used. I said not so, teleworkers use their phones all day. You got in a minority/majority gig. I showed telework is trending up.

Teleworkers make up 7% of the workforce. 7%. It would have to trend at a staggering rate to even hit 50% of the workforce which you admit is unlikely.

My stats show the phone is used 33% of the time vs texts alone. Just texts. No other form of communication, simply texts.

How are you not comprehending this?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
And in those eras those devices were not technology that has progressed and evolved past its peak usage.

Again, TRENDS do not equal statistics for today.

Uuuummmmm.....trends *are* statistics. They show the movement of statistical data, either up or down.

What do you think trends are?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Teleworkers make up 7% of the workforce. 7%. It would have to trend at a staggering rate to even hit 50% of the workforce which you admit is unlikely.

My stats show the phone is used 33% of the time vs texts alone. Just texts. No other form of communication, simply texts.

How are you not comprehending this?

Telework will *NEVER* get to 50% because not 50% of the workforce can do their job from home.

I *NEVER* said that 50% would telework.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't want the option to bannerify my calls.
It's easy to overlook it if you have your phone on silent or vibrate.

It doesn’t matter what the phone is used for. It’s in its name already, iPhone.
Even if people used their iPhones for 1% of the time for calling, it’s calling nevertheless.

If you have the audacity to not answer a phone call, you should also at least have the audacity to reply with one of the standard replies provided by iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711