The Notch on the Golden Globes

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I really got a kick out of James Franco in that flick about North Korea and Kim. That movie still kinda amuses me. His acting didn’t seem too bad but maybe I was too busy being amused to consider his performance.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Oh come onnnn.. You know exactly what I mean.
And, besides, he isn’t bad at all.

I sat through that 'Planet Of The Apes" he was in and I just don't understand the fascination. He is bad. There was some other series on Hulu he was in (can't remember the name) that my wife would watch and whenever I'd take in a glimpse it made me think he was getting roles like these through other means and not his acting ability.

I also watched 'This Is The End' and I found him decently funny, but that was it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I sat through that 'Planet Of The Apes" he was in and I just don't understand the fascination. He is bad. There was some other series on Hulu he was in (can't remember the name) that my wife would watch and whenever I'd take in a glimpse it made me think he was getting roles like these through other means and not his acting ability.

I also watched 'This Is The End' and I found him decently funny, but that was it.

I never felt a movie like Planet of the Apes required great acting. Decent acting was sufficient considering all I really cared about was Cesar lol. As far as Franco, he's good for some laughs, imo. I enjoyed Pineapple Express, for example.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I meant, he will be considered a legend in 20 years because we saw him growing up. We know him for who he his, albeit that he actually does have pretty roles too.

Much like Van Gogh.
Died poor, without a dime. His paintings are worth millions now.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
When I was growing up, people never really cared about the Golden Globes. Do people care now? I live outside the States, so I don't have a chance to watch them. After seeing highlights, I am glad that I am unable to.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I was growing up, people never really cared about the Golden Globes. Do people care now? I live outside the States, so I don't have a chance to watch them. After seeing highlights, I am glad that I am unable to.

I still don’t care about the Golden Globe Awards........In my teens and twenties, I faithfully watch the music award shows, but now, I do not. I couldn’t tell you half of the people getting nominated or even winning many of the awards....(laughing)

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I am only 36, but I am going to sound like an old grouch here. Who the hell tells the audience that you're going to buy them tequila shots? Does no one in Hollywood have any class anymore? OK, I'm finished.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I have never been interested in the golden globes. I think Hollywood award shows are for yentas.

felton92

Jan 9, 2018
Visit site
I liked James Franco in that tv show 11.22.63. He seems to suit a main role in a tv show.

I still believe the notch was placed there to make it "stand out" from other bezeless displays now they're all becoming similar. Good advertising.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I wonder how the people in the past thought about actors from their respective era?

Maybe in twenty years James Franco will be considered a legend.

James Franco IS a legend in my eyes .. lol ... seriously I do find his movies very entertaining though