Velvet Caviar Case/Product Preview

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY1jSBswQ68&feature=youtu.be

They’re sleek, they’re shiny, they’re fancy, they’re trendy, and they won’t break the bank; what am I talking about? I’m talking about Velvet Caviar, of course. Velvet Caviar is a stylish phone accessory company based in New York (no, you can’t eat it…), and they have a fantastic line-up of cases for both Apple and Android devices. Velvet Caviar has a wide variety of cases that appeal to just about anyone’s taste. Their primary bread and butter is more in the fashionista domain, but they dabble in cool cases with flames, granite looking slabs and a whole host of other designs (they even have a coffee themed case!)

1.jpg

All of Velvet Caviar’s cases are TPU, bumper-style cases, which helps to streamline the production process, ensures that the cases fit properly and allows the company to focus their time and money on making aesthetically pleasing designs – don’t believe me, ask the dishes! In all seriousness, I was a bit overwhelmed when I first looked at their website because they just have sooooo many options. Normally I stick to cases with standard colors, like: Black, Blue, Graphite, Steel, Gray, etc… The normal and unremarkable colors that match my cargo short and t-shirt decorum. However, this go-round I decided to venture a bit outside of my comfort zone and bring a little bit of color, flair, and style to my case carousel.

2.jpg

In the preview package that I received from Velvet Caviar, they were very generous. I specifically asked for two different cases, but they gave me five, and threw in a super cool battery charger for good measure – yes folks, they make matching portable battery chargers too! So, instead of doing one review per each item, I decided to put together a fashion showcase to allow you guys to see some of the clever, and unique work that Velvet Caviar has put into their case designs. I stuck mostly with the camouflage and marble patterns, but you can go straight to their website and check out their ginormous selection of cases that rival even the Kate Spade collection that you can find at Best Buy.

3.jpg

The Look: The looks and designs of Velvet Caviar’s cases are as wide and varied as the shades of the evening sky, and starry summer nights. There is no defining style or pattern that stands as the flagship of their case fleet, but there are several groups of designs that fall under a similar scheme, but have different colors; for instance, the marbled style cases. I highlighted a few of these in the preview here, as well as in my YouTube video. Some of the most popular case styles are the Cotton Candy, and Marbled series, which come in various colors and help you to accent your individual style and personality. If you’re really interested in finding a case that fits your individual interest, I strongly recommend you mark off 15-20 minutes of your day and check out their website – I can almost guarantee you’ll find something that piques your interest.

4.jpg

The Feel: As I mentioned above, all of their cases are made from a TPU material, which is solid and fits well. The material is very durable and has extra padding around the corners for protection, which is characteristic of the bumper-style build. The cases have a good, rubber-like grip to them which makes them fairly grippy for a uniform/smooth finish. They aren’t the grippiest cases in the world but you don’t particularly have to worry about them slipping out of your hand. The cases are a genuine pleasure to handle, especially because of the showmanship that is built into their styles. If you pull one of these babies out of your pocket in public, you’ll definitely get a few looks, and maybe a question or two, which is great if you want to show it off to your friends. Another cool feature is that most of their cases are actually lined with velvet – super cool.

6.jpg

Protection: The protection in these cases is mostly the fact that they’re just so good looking that you don’t want to drop them… lol. Really though, they are a solid TPU material and have extra padding built into the bumpers. They aren’t the most protective but they won’t shatter or get dinged up from minor slips and drops. They aren’t drop-test rated or MIL-Spec rated, but I think that’s mostly because of the nature of their design process and their audience. Everyone is familiar with companies like UAG and Otterbox. Their cases are bulky, boxy, and very protective – also usually expensive. Velvet Caviar isn’t your father’s tank case. They are a refreshing, good looking case that is designed to protect your phone from the wiles of day-to-day life, and look fancy doing it.

7.jpg

Here are the cases that I received for this review:

Chrome Flames ($24.99 iP7/8 Plus)– For the inner Harley Davidson fan inside of you.

8.jpg

Red Velvet Marble ($24.99 iP7/8 Plus) – Red Velvet isn’t just for desserts!

9.jpg

White Marble Holo Chrome ($24.99 iP7/8 Plus) – This one really stands out in a crowd, and the fissure lines are reflective.

10.jpg

Green Camo ($14.99; GS8+) – Don’t take this one hunting with you! It might not come back.

11.jpg

Orange Camo($24.99 iP7/8 Plus) – This one is cool take on a classic camo-pattern design.

12.jpg

Green Camo Power Bank ($34.99)– This baby has 4,000mAh of portable recharging power! Zing-pow!

13.jpg

Conclusion: Velvet Caviar gets a strong “yes” from me. I have seen lots of trendy, designer cases when I go out shopping (especially at Best Buy), and I can say that I’ve definitely been more impressed with the Velvet Caviar series cases than many other designer case competitors (e.g., Kate Spade), especially at the common price point of $24.99 for most of their cases. There are a few that dip lower, but that varies mostly on style, popularity and the phone it’s designed for. So, if you’re looking for something clever, svelte, and on-par with a the social status that matches the bold caviar name of it’s designer, then I highly recommend giving them a look and seeing if they’re worth your hard-earned cash.

If you're interested in taking a look at what Velvet Caviar has to offer, take a hop, skip and a jump over to and see if you find something that tickles your fancy.

Already have one of their cases? Interested in picking one up? Sound off in the comments and let me/everyone else know what you think. As always, feel free to ask questions and leave comments.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 17

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh