Things people ask and then get ticked off at your reply....[emoji41]

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
A lot of my coworkers gave/give me a hard time about getting an iPhone X and taking a day off to go pick it up. I love new technology, that’s my “thing.” I don’t understand why everyone cares about how I spend my money and PTO. I’m not asking for additional days off or a raise to afford this, so who cares?! They call me an iSheep but I don’t care what they thing :laughing:

My wife has been giving a real hard time about the Apple products that I’ve bought since July. I think if I buy “ANYTHING” else Apple I’m toast!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
And yet, those same people probably wanted to get a firsthand look at your new iPhone X after you came back to work with it.

Exactly - as soon as I came in on Monday, there was a crowd around my desk. Then there were scoffs about how the X “wasn’t that great.” They were just jealous, that’s all

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I totally concur with what all of you are saying... my friends and some overly opinionated relatives and in laws feel the need to comment every time I get a new phone, case or purse. It drives me nuts!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I don’t recall any specific instances lately but I always get a kick out of people who ask for advice and provide little to no detail, receive the best advice we can give based on what we’ve been given, and then the user gets upset that we aren’t giving him or her good advice.

I call them AsKholes. They ask for advice, you give it, they hate it and do the opposite. They're an Askhole.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Last night, we were at a gathering at church. There was a "Grumpy old church lady" who always has to comment when I pull out my phone out. Sure enough, I got a text from my sister, and predictably, she had to comment: "here comes the phone" she said, rolling her eyes. Now to clarify, I had my phone volume turned down, and in my pocket. I explained it was my sister's ringtone as I quickly checked it. What I wish I'd said whas "it was my mother in law, asking how to work her remote for the tv", because this very woman shared earlier that she was always calling her kids to help her figure out how to work her remote! :rolleyes:

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Last night, we were at a gathering at church. There was a "Grumpy old church lady" who always has to comment when I pull out my phone out. Sure enough, I got a text from my sister, and predictably, she had to comment: "here comes the phone" she said, rolling her eyes. Now to clarify, I had my phone volume turned down, and in my pocket. I explained it was my sister's ringtone as I quickly checked it. What I wish I'd said whas "it was my mother in law, asking how to work her remote for the tv", because this very woman shared earlier that she was always calling her kids to help her figure out how to work her remote! :rolleyes:

I would of said "pardon me, He is calling", proceeded by the Church Lady dance. :laughing:

https://youtu.be/ql8GV4dGkIw

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have always listened to any question very carefully before I generate an appropriate response. Especially when it comes to tech questions involving Apple versus Android.

Folks are very passionate about which device and OS they prefer, so I try not to offend anyone with my response.

But, I do get those occasional ones who just want to bash another product and can’t give me a logical reason why they dislike it. For those folks, I simply smile and walk away.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
A lot of my coworkers gave/give me a hard time about getting an iPhone X and taking a day off to go pick it up. I love new technology, that’s my “thing.” I don’t understand why everyone cares about how I spend my money and PTO. I’m not asking for additional days off or a raise to afford this, so who cares?! They call me an iSheep but I don’t care what they thing :laughing:

This! People with kids take time off from work all the time for various activities but make fun of me when I take a day off to get a device. 🙄

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This! People with kids take time off from work all the time for various activities but make fun of me when I take a day off to get a device.

Exactly. Meanwhile. I don’t care how anyone spends their time. Someone from my team took 3 days off just to stay home. That’s fine. Who cares! It’s your time, spend it how you want! The only time I would be judgmental is if you let PTO expire haha!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
As I unfortunately found out at my last review, some people can't handle honest answers. Apparently I can be harsh in my replies when asked my opinion or asked questions.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
And my all-time favorite moment:

My boss emails me to ask if I got my email fixed.

(I'll let you read that again)

My reply: Really?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR