Things people ask and then get ticked off at your reply....[emoji41]

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Recently, I was asked the following question:

‘On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the greatest, how do you rate your adjustment to the iPhone X?’

Some of you super sensitive readers may need to read that question a second time....

My reply to the question was, ‘10’.

With a disgusting look on his face, the guy then stated the he can’t understand why you Apple robots, yes he said Apple robots, rate their products so high. I can’t stand Apple or the iPhone.

Me, being ‘me’........I said, “I find it laughable that you would ask me a question pertaining to my “adjustment to the iPhone X” and then go on a rant about me being an Apple robot for rating my adjustment a 10. You did not ask me to rate the iPhone X or Apple. You asked me to rate my ‘adjustment’ to the iPhone X.”

Instead of saying, ‘yeah, you’re right’, he replies with, ‘you knew what I meant’. I started laughing at him and walked away.

Have any of experienced something similar? If so, share it with us in this thread please...

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
My wife will ask me if I want to help her with something. She seems to get angry when I say “no”. Odd.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don’t recall any specific instances lately but I always get a kick out of people who ask for advice and provide little to no detail, receive the best advice we can give based on what we’ve been given, and then the user gets upset that we aren’t giving him or her good advice.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My favorites are those who ask, “How is your day going?”

If you’re not having a good day and you begin telling them how messed up your day has been, their expression reveals that they regret having asked......

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
My favorites are those who ask, “How is your day going?”

If you’re not having a good day and you begin telling them how messed up your day has been, their expression reveals that they regret having asked......

One of the many reasons I've conditioned myself to disengage from small talk. "How is your day going?" You don't give two ***** how my day is going, nor do I give two ***** about telling you, so don't ask. (Then again, I'm a sullen misanthrope, so maybe you shouldn't follow my example. :D)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
One of the many reasons I've conditioned myself to disengage from small talk. "How is your day going?" You don't give two ***** how my day is going, nor do I give two ***** about telling you, so don't ask. (Then again, I'm a sullen misanthrope, so maybe you shouldn't follow my example. :D)

(Laughing)....I’ll definitely remember that....

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Things people ask and then get ticked off at your reply....😎

Business related, when people want to haggle my prices:

“Is it negotiable?”
“No, my salary isn’t. Is yours?”

Last edited:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
A lot of my coworkers gave/give me a hard time about getting an iPhone X and taking a day off to go pick it up. I love new technology, that’s my “thing.” I don’t understand why everyone cares about how I spend my money and PTO. I’m not asking for additional days off or a raise to afford this, so who cares?! They call me an iSheep but I don’t care what they thing :laughing:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A lot of my coworkers gave/give me a hard time about getting an iPhone X and taking a day off to go pick it up. I love new technology, that’s my “thing.” I don’t understand why everyone cares about how I spend my money and PTO. I’m not asking for additional days off or a raise to afford this, so who cares?! They call me an iSheep but I don’t care what they thing :laughing:

And yet, those same people probably wanted to get a firsthand look at your new iPhone X after you came back to work with it.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I love phones. They’re just my thing that I’m into. It’s been that way for me for years now and if I were wealthy I would have them all. As it is I get a new one at least once a year and sometimes more often. And I know what you mean about friends giving you grief. But they have their things they like too so it’s just a matter of what you’re into.
My entertainment is also tech related because I follow tech reviewers and listen to their podcasts and watch their YT vids. That’s my idea of an enjoyable evening. Lol!
I’m a very odd fifty-something female for sure. And even though I work in IT none of my coworkers are as into this as I am. I had one student worker who was though and we had a great time discussing mobile devices.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I love my phone, and if anyone knows me, I'm a case hoe lol. I LOVE my cases. I have a crazy amount for my 6S+. I love every single one. I have some family members ask me why or what do I need all those cases for.

Well, that's just my thing. I love dressing my phone up with whatever I feel like it wearing that day.

They just don't understand or get it (or get me for that fact because I'm a weird one🤪). I get asked "like what could you possibly do with all those cases?" and then try to rationalize with me that one case does the job. Really? OK, You go ahead and enjoy looking at your ONE case everyday all day, while I'll enjoy dressing my phone up differently everyday because it's what I like.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I love my phone, and if anyone knows me, I'm a case hoe lol. I LOVE my cases. I have a crazy amount for my 6S+. I love every single one. I have some family members ask me why or what do I need all those cases for.

Well, that's just my thing. I love dressing my phone up with whatever I feel like it wearing that day.

They just don't understand or get it (or get me for that fact because I'm a weird one🤪). I get asked "like what could you possibly do with all those cases?" and then try to rationalize with me that one case does the job. Really? OK, You go ahead and enjoy looking at your ONE case everyday all day, while I'll enjoy dressing my phone up differently everyday because it's what I like.

You tell ‘em, Pink...(laughing)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I love phones. They’re just my thing that I’m into. It’s been that way for me for years now and if I were wealthy I would have them all. As it is I get a new one at least once a year and sometimes more often. And I know what you mean about friends giving you grief. But they have their things they like too so it’s just a matter of what you’re into.
My entertainment is also tech related because I follow tech reviewers and listen to their podcasts and watch their YT vids. That’s my idea of an enjoyable evening. Lol!
I’m a very odd fifty-something female for sure. And even though I work in IT none of my coworkers are as into this as I am. I had one student worker who was though and we had a great time discussing mobile devices.

How many of your friends seek your advice before buying a new phone or piece of tech?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I think people ask questions and are hoping for a mob mentality type response. They ask questions and hope the response they receive is similar to their feeling so they can have someone to either bash things with together or love things with together. I had someone question why I purchase a new iPhone each year and try to convince me how wrong I was. Little did they know, I'm rather experienced with both operating systems. So I'm not blindly siding with Apple. I'm actually well aware of what Android offers (they didn't know I also had an S8). Conversely, I've also had someone who believed because I own an iPhone I believe iPhones to be the best phones out there and Android phones were trash as they believed. I definitely don't believe that, lol.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
How many of your friends seek your advice before buying a new phone or piece of tech?

Well actually most do, now that you mention it. Two of the faculty from the department I was in previously always come over and seek advice too. One of them has bought 2 phones from me - in fact just bought my 6S Plus before Christmas.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I feel ‘ya.......I guess I’m a bit of a “case hoe” too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods