Last night, we were at a gathering at church. There was a "Grumpy old church lady" who always has to comment when I pull out my phone out. Sure enough, I got a text from my sister, and predictably, she had to comment: "here comes the phone" she said, rolling her eyes. Now to clarify, I had my phone volume turned down, and in my pocket. I explained it was my sister's ringtone as I quickly checked it. What I wish I'd said whas "it was my mother in law, asking how to work her remote for the tv", because this very woman shared earlier that she was always calling her kids to help her figure out how to work her remote!
    TwitchyPuppy and Sherry_B like this.
    01-09-2018 08:11 AM
    Last night, we were at a gathering at church. There was a "Grumpy old church lady" who always has to comment when I pull out my phone out. Sure enough, I got a text from my sister, and predictably, she had to comment: "here comes the phone" she said, rolling her eyes. Now to clarify, I had my phone volume turned down, and in my pocket. I explained it was my sister's ringtone as I quickly checked it. What I wish I'd said whas "it was my mother in law, asking how to work her remote for the tv", because this very woman shared earlier that she was always calling her kids to help her figure out how to work her remote!

I would of said "pardon me, He is calling", proceeded by the Church Lady dance.

Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-14-2018 06:41 PM
    I call them AsKholes. They ask for advice, you give it, they hate it and do the opposite. They're an Askhole.
    (Laughing)....You’re killing me........I love that term.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    01-14-2018 07:03 PM
    I have always listened to any question very carefully before I generate an appropriate response. Especially when it comes to tech questions involving Apple versus Android.

Folks are very passionate about which device and OS they prefer, so I try not to offend anyone with my response.

But, I do get those occasional ones who just want to bash another product and can’t give me a logical reason why they dislike it. For those folks, I simply smile and walk away.
    Just_Me_D and cwbcpa like this.
    01-15-2018 12:22 PM
    A lot of my coworkers gave/give me a hard time about getting an iPhone X and taking a day off to go pick it up. I love new technology, that’s my “thing.” I don’t understand why everyone cares about how I spend my money and PTO. I’m not asking for additional days off or a raise to afford this, so who cares?! They call me an iSheep but I don’t care what they thing
    This! People with kids take time off from work all the time for various activities but make fun of me when I take a day off to get a device. 🙄
    iLive an iLife and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-15-2018 01:56 PM
    This! People with kids take time off from work all the time for various activities but make fun of me when I take a day off to get a device.
    Exactly. Meanwhile. I don’t care how anyone spends their time. Someone from my team took 3 days off just to stay home. That’s fine. Who cares! It’s your time, spend it how you want! The only time I would be judgmental is if you let PTO expire haha!
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    01-15-2018 02:26 PM
    As I unfortunately found out at my last review, some people can't handle honest answers. Apparently I can be harsh in my replies when asked my opinion or asked questions.
    01-15-2018 02:44 PM
    And my all-time favorite moment:

My boss emails me to ask if I got my email fixed.

(I'll let you read that again)

My reply: Really?
    01-15-2018 02:47 PM
    I would of said "pardon me, He is calling", proceeded by the Church Lady dance.

Love THIS!
    01-15-2018 04:33 PM

LMFAO
    Priceless.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-15-2018 04:57 PM

(Laughing)....Now that’s a good one!
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-15-2018 05:22 PM
    I am definitely a case ho. Lol
    01-15-2018 06:03 PM
37 12