Which color of the iPhone X is the best to buy?

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
There's literally only two colors to choose from--silver or space gray. Silver doesn't show fingerprints as much as space gray, but if you use a case, that's moot anyways.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Well, I have read around here that the Space Grey’s ss band is a little more scratch resistant so objectively, that could matter in selecting a color, especially if you’re not planning to use a case.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, I have read around here that the Space Grey’s ss band is a little more scratch resistant so objectively, that could matter in selecting a color, especially if you’re not planning to use a case.

It’s probably due to the coating, just like the Space Black SS.
But there are reports of the coating diminishing over time.

Narse77

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the space grey and my wife has the silver. They both look fantastic. As others have said try to get to an apple store or other retailer and look at them. You really can't go wrong with either of them.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
There is something very classy about the silver. It’s rich in its colours. The back is this milky colour that is pleasant and the ‘surgical’ steal, of course is great. I’m glad I have both but if I could only have one I think it would be the silver...and that’s a change for me. I normally prefer space grey.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have owned both colors and either one works well, for me it depends on the case I am using, right now I have the silver and really like it more.

geoffjphoto

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
It’s probably due to the coating, just like the Space Black SS.
But there are reports of the coating diminishing over time.

I had one of the space gray phones that the PVD coating began to literally flake off. I took it back to the Apple store and the manager gave me a new replacement. It was seriously the weirdest thing ever and the manager couldn't believe it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I had one of the space gray phones that the PVD coating began to literally flake off. I took it back to the Apple store and the manager gave me a new replacement. It was seriously the weirdest thing ever and the manager couldn't believe it.
Oh my. I seriously hope that is a unique experience.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
There is something very classy about the silver. It’s rich in its colours. The back is this milky colour that is pleasant and the ‘surgical’ steal, of course is great. I’m glad I have both but if I could only have one I think it would be the silver...and that’s a change for me. I normally prefer space grey.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Space gray is nice but the overall look of the silver is just nicer looking, in my opinion.

I wonder had they made the gold option for the X like they did for the 8 Plus if the borders would be a shiny gold stainless like the silver or a brushed look like the space gray.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I feel the same way. Space gray is nice but the overall look of the silver is just nicer looking, in my opinion.

I wonder had they made the gold option for the X like they did for the 8 Plus if the borders would be a shiny gold stainless like the silver or a brushed look like the space gray.

Gold would have been a great colour for the X and I hope we see it next generation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73