I’m still having issues with iPhone X screen protectors.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I honestly don’t know anymore what’s normal and what is not.
In all of my life I have hardly ever needed to replace something I purchased.

Your best bet is to go to the Apple Store and inform about their policies and guides about replacing and or repairing their products.

Everybody in this forum will speak their own mind, but the reps at the Store are the ones that have to decide. We can’t do that for them on this forum. Neither is anything that we say binding.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I honestly don’t know anymore what’s normal and what is not.
In all of my life I have hardly ever needed to replace something I purchased.

Your best bet is to go to the Apple Store and inform about their policies and guides about replacing and or repairing their products.

Everybody in this forum will speak their own mind, but the reps at the Store are the ones that have to decide. We can’t do that for them on this forum. Neither is anything that we say binding.

The forums are more easier I don’t waste gas and I don’t act like a fool if the issue is normal. For me it started with the 3GS I stayed with that phone till the 5s

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The forums are more easier I don’t waste gas and I don’t act like a fool if the issue is normal. For me it started with the 3GS I stayed with that phone till the 5s

I understand you wanting to save gas, but so far you haven’t gotten any productive response yet on these issues. Myself included have questioned the authenticity of your claims and told you to go to the Apple Store.

I don’t know about others, but that will be my reply regarding these kinds of posts.

Like I said, it’s ultimately the Apple rep that will decide to swap or not. What we say won’t change that. If you don’t agree with the rep, your only option will be to speak with their manager to have your issue resolved.

If you are convinced that you are being handed out devices time after time that isn’t entirely up to Apple’s standards, you should call https://support.apple.com and tell your experience so far. Maybe that will set some things in motion to avoid these kind of situations in the future.

In the meantime enjoy your Apple devices.

Last edited:

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I understand you wanting to save gas, but so far you haven’t gotten any productive response yet on these issues. Myself included have questioned the authenticity of your claims and told you to go to the Apple Store.

I don’t know about others, but that will be my reply regarding these kinds of posts.

Like I said, it’s ultimately the Apple rep that will decide to swap or not. What we say won’t change that. If you don’t agree with the rep, your only option will be to speak with their manager to have your issue resolved.

If you are convinced that you are being handed out devices time after time that isn’t entirely up to Apple’s standards, you should call https://support.apple.com and tell your experience so far. Maybe that will set some things in motion to avoid these kind of situations in the future.

In the meantime enjoy your Apple devices.

I will and some reps when I ask them they don’t know or don’t see the issue that’s sad

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I will and some reps when I ask them they don’t know or don’t see the issue that’s sad

Just for clarification. Is the dust under the phones screen or under the screen protector? If its under the screen protector, theres nothing apple will do nor should they unless they put it on for you. If theres dust under the actual screen then they will replace it mainly because it may mean a void in the seal that would affect the water resistance.

If it wasnt there before the screen protector went on then its under the protector only and youll have to replace the screen protector to get rid of it.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Just for clarification. Is the dust under the phones screen or under the screen protector? If its under the screen protector, theres nothing apple will do nor should they unless they put it on for you. If theres dust under the actual screen then they will replace it mainly because it

may mean a void in the seal that would affect the water resistance.

If it wasnt there before the screen protector went on then its under the protector only and youll have to replace the screen protector to get rid of it.

I mean the answer to my recent post on the bottom of the forum it has three questions

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I mean the answer to my recent post on the bottom of the forum it has three questions

Need to know where the dust is to answer those questions.

Is it under the actual phone screen or did it show up after installing the screen protector?

Edit: Thought it was Gorilla Glass 5 but its not. Apple doesnt state what kind of glass it is, only that its reinforced and the most durable to date.

If you scratched the glass then either something small was on it when you wiped or something was on the cloth when you wiped. Otherwise it was there and you didnt notice it until you wiped it clean.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Need to know where the dust is to answer those questions.

Is it under the actual phone screen or did it show up after installing the screen protector?

Edit: Thought it was Gorilla Glass 5 but its not. Apple doesnt state what kind of glass it is, only that its reinforced and the most durable to date.

If you scratched the glass then either something small was on it when you wiped or something was on the cloth when you wiped. Otherwise it was there and you didnt notice it until you wiped it clean.

Yes under the display the dust and the smudge /scratch the protector hided I saw it before the install but now gone and could of the dust sticker caused that ?

How is it possible to scratch Face ID cameras ?

I”m shocked apple didn’t want to swap the dust under the lens she noticed the genius tech .

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Yes under the display the dust and the smudge /scratch the protector hided I saw it before the install but now gone and could of the dust sticker caused that ?

How is it possible to scratch Face ID cameras ?

I”m shocked apple didn’t want to swap the dust under the lens she noticed the genius tech .

If theres dust under the screen then you have to go back to apple. If its gone now that you have a screen protector on then there wasnt any dust under the screen. No a dust sticker will not put dust under a screen, ever.

Honestly, you need to remove the screen protector and see if the dust is still there. Im doubting it will be. If it is though, your only option is to go back to Apple.

Scratching the face id camera is the same as scratching a screen since its the same glass. Small dirt particles can scratch glass when wiping them with a cloth. I personally rinse my screen off with water before wiping it down for this reason.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
If theres dust under the screen then you have to go back to apple. If its gone now that you have a screen protector on then there wasnt any dust under the screen. No a dust sticker will not put dust under a screen, ever.

Honestly, you need to remove the screen protector and see if the dust is still there. Im doubting it will be. If it is though, your only option is to go back to Apple.

Scratching the face id camera is the same as scratching a screen since its the same glass. Small dirt particles can scratch glass when wiping them with a cloth. I personally rinse my screen off with water before wiping it down for this reason.

The scratch not covered under apple care plus right ?

There dust that’s under it can I post a photo I don’t want to remove the glass if it’s not needed .

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
The scratch not covered under apple care plus right ?

There dust that’s under it can I post a photo I don’t want to remove the glass if it’s not needed .

Thats up to apple whether they replace the screen due to a scratch. In most cases they wont because a scratch doesnt affect the use of the phone.

The only way you’re going to know if the dust is under the protector or the phone screen is to remove it. If you dont want to do that then you wont know if the phone has a defect or not.

Beyond that, theres nothing anyone on here can do for you. If its a problem you need to remove the protector, see if the dust is still there and if so go to apple. If the scratch is a problem, you also need to go to apple.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Thats up to apple whether they replace the screen due to a scratch. In most cases they wont because a scratch doesnt affect the use of the phone.

The only way you’re going to know if the dust is under the protector or the phone screen is to remove it. If you dont want to do that then you wont know if the phone has a defect or not.

Beyond that, theres nothing anyone on here can do for you. If its a problem you need to remove the protector, see if the dust is still there and if so go to apple. If the scratch is a problem, you also need to go to apple.

Here the dust one and dust under the lens

Is the first one dust under the temper glass it shows when the screen is off and on so it’s not a dead pixel ?

There the second one

Attachments

• B9063206-6FFE-4CB3-B67B-0441B6A36D56.jpeg
    B9063206-6FFE-4CB3-B67B-0441B6A36D56.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 1
  • A8AEDBA2-9731-4C47-BF46-5C7DCF3308FD.jpeg
    A8AEDBA2-9731-4C47-BF46-5C7DCF3308FD.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 1

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Here the dust one and dust under the lens

Is the first one dust under the temper glass it shows when the screen is off and on so it’s not a dead pixel ?

There the second one

The screen one looks like its under the screen protector. A dead pixel wont show when the screens off.

The camera one could be dust or a scratch. It appears theres quite a few scratches in that area so it could easily be a scratch.

Only the folks at apple will be able to tell for sure.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
The screen one looks like its under the screen protector. A dead pixel wont show when the screens off.

The camera one could be dust or a scratch. It appears theres quite a few scratches in that area so it could easily be a scratch.

Only the folks at apple will be able to tell for sure.

It’s not dust under the oled display correct ?

Strangely apple wont replace my dust under the camera lens.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It’s not dust under the oled display correct ?

Strangely apple wont replace my dust under the camera lens.

How many times have you swapped the phone? There is a point where Apple will stop swapping phones for tiny issues. Apple can see how many times it’s been swapped.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Once for the issue but they say it was a courtesy swap they won’t do it again

Probably why they won’t. All that’s notated in the history. Trust me the genius looks at all the notes from previous swaps if it shows swaps have been done.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Probably why they won’t. All that’s notated in the history. Trust me the genius looks at all the notes from previous swaps if it shows swaps have been done.

They should of attempted a repair first but I should be upgrading in October

Is the pic of mine a speck of dust on the temper glass

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2