I’m still having issues with iPhone X screen protectors.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
re:

Scratches aren't covered under AppleCare Plus. Scratches are just normal wear and tear.

It cracks me up when people say I don’t use a screen protector because I have AC+. It’s like AC+ doesn’t cover your scratches screen.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
re:

It cracks me up when people say I don’t use a screen protector because I have AC+. It’s like AC+ doesn’t cover your scratches screen.

True, it doesn't cover scratches, but it covers just about everything else. In my experience (so, ymmv) I only get micro scratches of the screen's oleophobic coating and not of the glass when I don't use a protector. I can deal with this, as they can only be seen in the right lighting conditions. Most protectors also don't cover the entire screen, so many drops to the corners and/or edges of the device break the glass anyways. Perhaps they aren't as severe with a protector as without, but its a risk I'm willing to take and to each their own.

If the whitestone dome glass wasn't $50, I'd give that a try. I hate how most screen protectors only cover the flat surface of the glass, leaving a gap all the way around where lint, dirt, etc. collect between the edge of the protector and many cases. I've tried a few brands of these types, and the X protectors I've used have not only had this problem, but also have had pocket lint that sticks to the side of the protector.

I'd rather deal with the micro scratches of the oleophobic coating than the crummy protectors.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Re:

I hate how most screen protectors only cover the flat surface of the glass, leaving a gap all the way around where lint, dirt, etc. collect between the edge of the protector and many cases.

Not seeing that myself with a spigen glass and caudabe sheath. The only thing i have ever seen collect lint/dirt is Apple silicone case.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Re:

True, it doesn't cover scratches, but it covers just about everything else. In my experience (so, ymmv) I only get micro scratches of the screen's oleophobic coating and not of the glass when I don't use a protector. I can deal with this, as they can only be seen in the right lighting conditions. Most protectors also don't cover the entire screen, so many drops to the corners and/or edges of the device break the glass anyways. Perhaps they aren't as severe with a protector as without, but its a risk I'm willing to take and to each their own.

If the whitestone dome glass wasn't $50, I'd give that a try. I hate how most screen protectors only cover the flat surface of the glass, leaving a gap all the way around where lint, dirt, etc. collect between the edge of the protector and many cases. I've tried a few brands of these types, and the X protectors I've used have not only had this problem, but also have had pocket lint that sticks to the side of the protector.

I'd rather deal with the micro scratches of the oleophobic coating than the crummy protectors.

Not me. I resell my phones. To get top dollar, there can’t be any micro scratches on the screen. None. Or it just kills the value or people just go onto the next phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2