I’m still having issues with iPhone X screen protectors.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone X screen

I prefer tempered glass only and no longer use the PET film protectors. The Anti-Glare are the worst and really don't do much for protection in a drop. There are edge to edge ones and non edge to edge it depends on what you want more.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I don’t think Apple would of used this kind of display unless they knew what they were doing. Even though the displays are from Samsung themselves, you’re always going to get a rotten apple in the bushel. Meaning there’s always one that’s wrong in the bunch.

Remember iPhone 6 when it came out. A lot of talk about bend gate especially on the pluses. It was on a few of them, but not on all of them. This is probably the same thing so I’m not going to worry about it. I’m sure Apple has a fix for any problems with these screens. It’s probably why it took so long for an OLED screen to make it onto an iPhone.

I trust Apple. So should you.

Yep.
When there’s a problem with Apple devices, it’ll only affect a small portion of users and that Apple will always offer replacements.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

LPT: If you have a waterproof phone, apply any wet-application screen protector in a sink with the phone and the protector fully submerged. Perfect application each time and no dust at all. :)

I believe above would also work for tempered glass, but I am yet to try it.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPhone X sensors question

What can I use to clean the ambient light sensor on top of the ear speaker grill it has some smudges I just don’t want to mess anything up or rub the coating off

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iPhone X sensors question

What can I use to clean the ambient light sensor on top of the ear speaker grill it has some smudges I just don’t want to mess anything up or rub the coating off

A simple 25¢ fiber cloth for the kitchen from the nearest grocery store will do. Just make it damp with water and rub softly to clean.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
iPhone X scuff back

My iPhone X replacement from 4 weeks ago has a scuff on the top and it was in a case but it came like that what should I do ?

Will the iPhone upgrade program have an issue with my scuff ?

I don’t want my phone to explode while it’s wirless charging.

Attachments

• 82D23C5D-630D-4F93-BCDA-FFF6788AD486.jpeg
    82D23C5D-630D-4F93-BCDA-FFF6788AD486.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
re:

It could be the case that caused the scuff. You can always bring it to an Apple Store and see what they say. As for it exploding while wireless charging, I don’t think that’ll happen just because there’s a small scuff.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

Is this something Apple would fix for me and is it covered under warrenty ?

I think the 10 dollar Walmart case I purchased caused this.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

I will try since it was just replaced and not sure if it was there when I got it or the case it self did the damage.

Why won’t my phone display won’t get that bright is there a setting I”m missing to turn on ?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
re:

I will try since it was just replaced and not sure if it was there when I got it or the case it self did the damage.

Why won’t my phone display won’t get that bright is there a setting I”m missing to turn on ?

Sounds like you have auto brightness turned on. It’s on by default now unless you turn it off.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
re:

Yeah, it’s best to give it a try.

As suggested by Garz...Try turning auto-brightness off, that way you’ll be able to adjust the brightness manually.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
re:

My iPhone X replacement from 4 weeks ago has a scuff on the top and it was in a case but it came like that what should I do ?

Will the iPhone upgrade program have an issue with my scuff ?

I don’t want my phone to explode while it’s wirless charging.

If you received it from Apple 4 weeks ago and it was like that when you opened the package, why didn't you immediately call Apple to address the scuff? I would think that would make it much more likely that they would work with you on the issue.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

If you received it from Apple 4 weeks ago and it was like that when you opened the package, why didn't you immediately call Apple to address the scuff? I would think that would make it much more likely that they would work with you on the issue.

Apple store replaced 4 weeks ago but noticed yesterday when I replaced my case.

Will Apple store be able to swap it again or no ?

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
re:

I doubt it, since it could be caused by the case.
It’s still worth a try.

I agree with this. I hate to say it, but you have to be on of the unluckiest iPhone users ever. All of your posts on this forum are related to defective conditions you have on your devices. Thankfully, I've never encountered a single hardware issue with an iPhone.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

I doubt it, since it could be caused by the case.
It’s still worth a try.

I upgrade to a otter box case if I drop it in the case with the scuff still being there will my glass shatter on me ?

Will the iPhone upgrade program have issues with such a scuff when I re upgrade in November ?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
re:

I upgrade to a otter box case if I drop it in the case with the scuff still being there will my glass shatter on me ?

Will the iPhone upgrade program have issues with such a scuff when I re upgrade in November ?

I can barely see that scuff. No that won’t be an issue. I mean it’s tiny.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

I see now I don’t want to pay 100 dollars for this tiny issue since it’s cosmetic to you people and I have it in a better case now.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
re:

I doubt it. The frame of my 7+ was pretty scratched up (I had the jet black version) and the screen had lots of micro scratches on it, but Apple had no issues with the device. The person at the store that helped me with the transaction said Apple is far more concerned with dents, gouges, cracks, and bent frames than surface scratches, and said that the worst case is that Apple forces you to use one incident of accidental damage to replace the device per the AC+ insurance on the phone.