I’m still having issues with iPhone X screen protectors.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPhone X screen

It’s likely meant to be that way depending on the type he applied. Don’t freak out about a tiny spec of dust on the corner though. You’ll put a new one on and it’ll have a spec in the center because life is a pain at times. Sometimes it’s perfect but getting there can be difficult.

Don’t worry about it. Just enjoy the phone...

Not going to replace it and like you said it depends on the glass he install that’s why it looks different to me.

How does the glass look to you including the view of the screen?

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

Not going to replace it and like you said it depends on the glass he install that’s why it looks different to me.

How does the glass look to you including the view of the screen?

Hard to tell considering it’s a picture but it looks fine.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

For me it look matte to me the screen But I will leave with it

It’s likely a Matte protector and I’m not a fan of those so I went with the clear glass. If you don’t like protector just switch it because that’s a reason to do so.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

Yap matte glass could be

If it bothers you too much go ahead and replace it. Not everyone likes Matte displays including myself. Just don’t go nuts over a spec of dust - trust me it’s expensive and maddening and I’d know since I’ve been there.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

If it bothers you too much go ahead and replace it. Not everyone likes Matte displays including myself. Just don’t go nuts over a spec of dust - trust me it’s expensive and maddening and I’d know since I’ve been there.

I won’t replace it and before he installed my screen had load of dust it collected from my pocket before he installed for me

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

Oh I see but not after the three attempts of three different screen glass.

Definitely not. The only way you could possibly damage the phones glass is by possibly scraping too much with the protector during install but even then it’s highly unlikely. Even so, that’s the coating and not the display itself. You’d literally have to drop the phone and destroy the internals to ruin the OLED panel.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I have had several people recommend the Bodyguardz glass screen protector. It comes with an installation tray, which makes it very simple to align the protector correctly on the screen -- no reason to pay for installation. It also has a lifetime guarantee, similar to the Zagg, you just have to send back the bad/broken screen protector.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site

Quick question! I have never had an issue with burn in on any of my Android devices that have been Amoled. Yet theres a lot of talk about the iphone x having this issue? Whats the truth? Is burn in happening on the iphone x?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Quick question! I have never had an issue with burn in on any of my Android devices that have been Amoled. Yet theres a lot of talk about the iphone x having this issue? Whats the truth? Is burn in happening on the iphone x?

There has yet to be any reports of the OLED screen burning-in on the iPhone X.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I don’t understand what burn in on the display is. Is it something that can be seen with the naked eye?

It’s a permanent discoloration of areas on an electronic display caused by cumulative non-uniform usage of the pixels - Google.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

You have to remember, this is the first OLED display that Apple has used. Since many users have only used iPhones, most of the talk has been warning people who are new to OLED screens about some of the disadvantages, rather than any issue with the phone itself.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
iPhone X screen

I don’t think Apple would of used this kind of display unless they knew what they were doing. Even though the displays are from Samsung themselves, you’re always going to get a rotten apple in the bushel. Meaning there’s always one that’s wrong in the bunch.

Remember iPhone 6 when it came out. A lot of talk about bend gate especially on the pluses. It was on a few of them, but not on all of them. This is probably the same thing so I’m not going to worry about it. I’m sure Apple has a fix for any problems with these screens. It’s probably why it took so long for an OLED screen to make it onto an iPhone.

I trust Apple. So should you.