I’m still having issues with iPhone X screen protectors.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPhone X sensors question

According to Apple's website, the proximity sensor is located on the left side of the speaker/mic. That area circled doesn't seem to have any sensor at all.

Yes, there is a sensor right above the speaker. It's called the Ambient Light Sensor. There are 8 things on top of the iPhone x in that area around the speaker. Infrared camera, flood illuminator, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, speaker, microphone, front camera, and dot projector.

No there dust in the back camera lens

Your phone is fine. A small speck of dust (which I don't think exists under your glass or in your camera lense) does not prevent you from making calls, surfing the net, using siri, sending/receiving texts, watching videos, taking pictures or recording videos. It's time to let this complaint go.

Last edited:

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

Yes, there is a sensor right above the speaker. It's called the Ambient Light Sensor. There are 8 things on top of the iPhone x in that area around the speaker. Infrared camera, flood illuminator, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, speaker, microphone, front camera, and dot projector.

Your phone is fine. A small speck of dust (which I don't think exists under your glass or in your camera lense) does not prevent you from making calls, surfing the net, using siri, sending/receiving texts, watching videos, taking pictures or recording videos. It's time to let this complaint go.

There not one a couple of specks in a new unit that’s 4 days old and another memember said to take to apple store like I did with my 8 plus they did replace it

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

There not one

Yes there is. I'm looking right at a photo taken from the Apple event where they introduced the X. The photo clearly shows everything at the top of the screen with text that Apple added to point out what all 8 items are. Same thing as your photo.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

Got that normal but the specks of dust on a brand new unit is not I got my answer already from here and MAC rumors

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I was using a black Belkin cleaning cloth from a previous screen protector install from iPhone 7 to clean camera lens.

When I was cleaning I notice dust under lens of iPhone X and The phone is three days old under iPhone upgrade program how does apple handle this one ?

Bring it to an Apple Store, and they should replace it for you.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

The ambient light sensor is characterized by a straight bar above the speaker/mic. Looking at the internals picture from iFixit, the speaker and mic are actually 2 tiny holes side-by-side while the ambient light sensor is just a small piece above it between the holes, not like what was shown in the picture from OP which seems like something circular.

Here's the pic from iFixit.

rBfNoam.jpg

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

There was a dust issue with his iPhone 7, there was a dust issue with his iPhone 8, and now there is a dust issue with his iPhone X. He's been told repeatedly (actually, more than repeatedly) how to go about handling issues with supposed dust.

I don't see any dust in the photo.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

There was a dust issue with his iPhone 7, there was a dust issue with his iPhone 8, and now there is a dust issue with his iPhone X. He's been told repeatedly (actually, more than repeatedly) how to go about handling issues with supposed dust.

I don't see any dust in the photo.

I also don't see dust issues as well, perhaps just a mark or a blemish or something, but definitely not a sensor.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone X anker glass issue

Give Rhinoshield a go, they have an E2E Tempered Glass Screen protector the upside is no rainbow, the downside is depending on the case it may lift the 4 corners up but its no the end of world compared to a rainbow affect.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
iPhone X screen

Hello installed screen protector Anker on iPhone X after wasting three screen protectors the last one had multiple layers of dust I tried scotch tape method no luck more dust is there.

the last one I tried three tries removing dust no luck.

If I install a new one will it cause dead pixel ?

I had a Belkin ultra glass on my iPhone 7 that the genuis lady reused my glass it had dust my dad purchased a new one caused dead pixel.

I”m using a spigen case on my iPhone X for now

Which glass can I buy on amazon for iPhone X ?

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPhone X screen

Ok I”m screen protector less now if I installed a new regardless the three install attempts I tried won’t that cause dead pixel or screen issue?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73