I’m still having issues with iPhone X screen protectors.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Not me. I resell my phones. To get top dollar, there can’t be any micro scratches on the screen. None. Or it just kills the value or people just go onto the next phone.

That's a fair point, and completely understandable reason to use a protector.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Is this something Apple would fix for me and is it covered under warrenty ?

I think the 10 dollar Walmart case I purchased caused this.

It's cosmetic. I don't think it will be covered.

This warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports; (c) to damage caused by use with another product; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Apple Product outside Apple’s published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”); (g) to an Apple Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Apple Product, or (i) if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Apple Product.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
iPhone X protector install Issue

I have iPhone X glass installed I see dust under the screen protector/under the physical screen and before install I didn’t see it

How can I prevent this in the future ?

Is this consider dust under screen protector or dust under the physical display /dead pixel ?

Attachments

• 8990F542-C239-42AE-887A-C9698B784F5E.jpeg
    8990F542-C239-42AE-887A-C9698B784F5E.jpeg
    496.1 KB · Views: 7

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I have iPhone X glass installed I see dust under the screen protector/under the physical screen and before install I didn’t see it

You can prevent that by going in to the bathroom, turning up hot water, let it run so the room gets steamy, clean the physical display, apply the screen protector, turn off hot water.

Since dust is light when dry and steam makes it heavier, the dust particles in air won’t hang freely in the steamy air, essentially preventing the dust from getting on the display.
Is this consider dust under screen protector or dust under the physical display /dead pixel ?

Take off the screen protector and see if you can remove the dust. If not, Apple has sold you a faulty device. Make an appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have it checked.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

The picture won’t show for me. So best way to know if it’s dust is turn screen off and shine flash light on that spot. If you see it with screen off, it’s dust.

I too install mine in bathroom. After I clean screen, I spray screen with canned air to ensure all dust particles are off. Then lay screen protector down.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPhone X protector install Issue

The picture won’t show for me. So best way to know if it’s dust is turn screen off and shine flash light on that spot. If you see it with screen off, it’s dust.

I too install mine in bathroom. After I clean screen, I spray screen with canned air to ensure all dust particles are off. Then lay screen protector down.

When screen is off I see it this is my second one installs my pervious post I had worst dust.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Tap the top of the thread, select More, then Web View. That works to show the pictures for me, it may work for you.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Dude you’re killing me with these dust on the screen posts, just get rid of the dang screen protector, you can just use your $29 Apple care screen replacement if you break your screen. This is like the fifth post.

SparklyPickle

May 24, 2017
Visit site

If if wasn't there before the installation, odds are it got stuck to your screen protector prior to the installation!

I know it sucks but remove it and get one professionally installed. Carrier stores can do that.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Did you ever find out what it was? Don’t let us hanging in here.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

Did you ever find out what it was? Don’t let us hanging in here.

Here my update two apple swapped my phone since it froze and never recovered.
The second one has dust under the lens took it back within the hour they won’t reswap they says it’s normal idk if it’s normal ?

I used pro glass by tzumi the dust sticker left something in my screen that I couldn’t remove that smudge or scratch on the screen will it be covered when I put the glass on ?

My replacement after cleaning the with microfiber cloth I see scratches on the Face ID camera the second on near the ear speaker how can a microfiber cause this and what type of glass is the Face ID made off ?

To conclude to answer your question the phone was replaced and it was gone my second replacement has some issue like I mentioned but if you people respond to me it’s normal after I posted it I won’t go back to apple.

I just notice if I keep replacing my phone due to same issue it will cause more issue like more dust in lens or other issue it’s not worth it. I will only replace if the issue I post you people say go to apple directly and yes I tried three different brands of temper glass on my iPhone the last one from case mate won’t cover the full edge to edge.

Are theses is normal if it is I won’t bother going to apple till it’s a real issue ?

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

If if wasn't there before the installation, odds are it got stuck to your screen protector prior to the installation!

I know it sucks but remove it and get one professionally installed. Carrier sto
res can do that.

I buy mine from Ross dress for less and tjmax since it’s cheaper

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711