I’m still having issues with iPhone X screen protectors.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I have anker glass for iPhone X I took me two screen protectors to get it right but last one has rainbow affect I plan to contact manufacture about it here some pics.

Attachments

• 6FCD80DD-7C4B-4158-80C5-9B3049E58B23.jpeg
    6FCD80DD-7C4B-4158-80C5-9B3049E58B23.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone X anker glass issue

There is a current thread with a recent conversation about a rainbow effect with a screen protector, and from what I gather, it’s normal, but I could be mistaken.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

It is normal. Since the glass protector sits right at the edge of the OLED display. If you get a screen protector that goes a little over the display, like the Belkin, then it won’t produce any rainbow effect.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

Oh is I had Belkin glass on my 8 plus and 7 but I got anker glass I thought I had a defective glass from anker thanks for the answer.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

It's hard to see but is it right on the edge? That's a known "issue" with glass screen protectors and the OLED screen. Is the protector aligned exactly centered left to right? If it's slightly off center and the edge of the glass is at the edge of the display, it will show a rainbow.

My Spigen does it on that edge too because it's very slightly off. I don't see it anymore (it's there but I don't notice it like I did initially).

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

I stopped using screen protectors because of this. Had the rainbow on my iPhone 6S Plus and have been rocking the naked screens ever since.

iamdld

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site

I have the same protector but the rainbow effect is at the top under the notch, not on the sides. Not a big enough distraction to try to install it again.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

As was previously stated, if the edge overlaps with the actual screen you will get this effect. Light diffusion will happen at the edges of the glass. Put on your protector precisely and you won't have this problem. I applied two Spigen protectors so far on two iPhone X phones and neither had this problem.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
iPhone X sensors question

Where the ear speaker on top I saw this it look like a mini camera when I was cleaning my phone.

What sensor can that be and I posted a photo ?

Attachments

• 827BC070-9893-4EC4-ABA5-0EA7AC238123.jpeg
    827BC070-9893-4EC4-ABA5-0EA7AC238123.jpeg
    794.4 KB · Views: 17

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPhone X sensors question

Correct, there’s a few dots up there that constitutes of different sensors.

I was using a black Belkin cleaning cloth from a previous screen protector install from iPhone 7 to clean camera lens.

When I was cleaning I notice dust under lens of iPhone X and The phone is three days old under iPhone upgrade program how does apple handle this one ?

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

According to Apple's website, the proximity sensor is located on the left side of the speaker/mic. That area circled doesn't seem to have any sensor at all.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I was using a black Belkin cleaning cloth from a previous screen protector install from iPhone 7 to clean camera lens.

When I was cleaning I notice dust under lens of iPhone X and The phone is three days old under iPhone upgrade program how does apple handle this one ?

Dear lord. Not again.

You have been to the Apple Store with the same problem a dozen times in the past few months.
You know very well how they handle this kind of stuff.

What is the real reason you’re asking it, again, now?

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

Dear lord. Not again.

You have been to the Apple Store with the same problem a dozen times in the past few months.
You know very well how they handle this kind of stuff.

What is the real reason you’re asking it, again, now?

Because mine has two specs from the factory I notice it while clean the back of the phone from my finger prints. The apple store tells me they handle lots of issues like this and even water damage phones.

I know that my iPhone 7 has this issue but that phone was a couple of months old my x I got it 4 days ago in mail

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Because mine has two specs from the factory I notice it while clean the back of the phone from my finger prints. The apple store tells me they handle lots of issues like this and even water damage phones.

Like I said, you know very well how Apple handles this kind of claims. Regardless of how and where you got it.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site

But sir i”m on the iPhone upgrade program do they handle this the same way as any other repair or replacement

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative