I’m still having issues with iPhone X screen protectors.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

My iPhone 7 had scuff in lens but Apple didn’t care when they warrenty replaced but I hope the iPhone upgrade program Are not picky and I think also they won’t charge me a thing ?

Will that scuff mess up my water resistant?

Was yours on iPhone upgrade program

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
re:

My iPhone 7 had scuff in lens but Apple didn’t care when they warrenty replaced but I hope the iPhone upgrade program Are not picky and I think also they won’t charge me a thing ?

Will that scuff mess up my water resistant?

Was yours on iPhone upgrade program

Hard to say, but you're probably ok with scratches like the one above. Cracked glass and deep gouges in the glass or on the frame are probably a different story. It might also depend on whatever employee helps you out.

Probably won't mess up the water resistance. Seems pretty superficial to me.

Yes, I am on the upgrade program.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

Hard to say, but you're probably ok with scratches like the one above. Cracked glass and deep gouges in the glass or on the frame are probably a different story. It might also depend on whatever employee helps you out.

Probably won't mess up the water resistance. Seems pretty superficial to me.

Yes, I am on the upgrade program.

Is mine a scuff or crack ?

It looks to a piece of paint chipped off.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
re:

Is mine a scuff or crack ?

It looks to a piece of paint chipped off.

Hard to say without seeing in in person. Looks like the coating on the stainless steel band has flaked off perhaps. I'm not Apple, but I'd say that won't be a problem. I had much more than that on my 7+ and had no issues.

I'd slap the phone in a case and try not to worry about it, but understand why it bothers you when you've paid/are paying $1k or more for the X.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

Hard to say without seeing in in person. Looks like the coating on the stainless steel band has flaked off perhaps. I'm not Apple, but I'd say that won't be a problem. I had much more than that on my 7+ and had no issues.

I'd slap the phone in a case and try not to worry about it, but understand why it bothers you when you've paid/are paying $1k or more for the X.

I did that got me a patchwork’s case for 4 dollars on sale on amazon

I won’t worry much since I won’t be keeping forever the phone till nov till I upgrade again.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
re:

It wasn’t all that long ago when people didn’t want electrical sockets in their house because they thought the electricity would leak out into their house.

amzi160586

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
re:

Lucky for us in the UK Apple doing extended returns until 8th Jan..so I’ve been using the phone since launch without a case and will just return it on the 8th if there shell does not hold up

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
re:

Ok I went to Apple on Sunday the tech genius cleaned my whole phone and tried to buff the scuff now my father notices a scratch or something on my Face ID sensors.

Is that considered cosmetic or physical damage since my guess is Apple store did the damage and I had it in a case and yes I tried cleaning it off ?

Attachments

• FCE7D010-8327-4024-ACB2-A52A12110A9D.jpeg
    FCE7D010-8327-4024-ACB2-A52A12110A9D.jpeg
    389.7 KB · Views: 4

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
iPhone X scuff back

Ok I went to Apple on Sunday the tech genius cleaned my whole phone and tried to buff the scuff now my father notices a scratch or something on my Face ID sensors.

Is that considered cosmetic or physical damage since my guess is Apple store did the damage and I had it in a case and yes I tried cleaning it off ?

It looks like a tiny scratch to me and there are a lot of factors in play that could’ve caused it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods