I sugesst you email the developer of page even though it cans take 1-2 business day he can tell you why it won’t open.
    It would be better if you used the quote feature when replying to posts. That way it’s easier to follow the thread.
    12-19-2017 09:27 PM
    It would be better if you used the quote feature when replying to posts. That way it’s easier to follow the thread.
    Is my scratch accidental damage or cosmetic I don’t want Apple charging me a single dime next year
    12-19-2017 09:30 PM
    Is my scratch accidental damage or cosmetic I don’t want Apple charging me a single dime next year
    Why are you asking us? If you think the Apple store did it take it back to them.
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    12-19-2017 09:43 PM
    Good idea but there booked already no chance of getting an apt
    12-19-2017 09:51 PM
    Scratches aren’t considered physical damage. Apple considers it normal wear and tear.
    12-19-2017 09:57 PM
    Scratches aren’t considered physical damage. Apple considers it normal wear and tear.
    So it’s not accidental damage but cosmetic damage ?

Will that affect the Face ID reading?
    12-19-2017 10:05 PM
    So it’s not accidental damage but cosmetic damage ?

Will that affect the Face ID reading?
    That is correct. They consider cosmetic damage normal wear and tear. Highly unlikely it would affect Face ID.
    12-19-2017 10:22 PM
    So is that considered cosmetic damage or accidental damage ?
    Cosmetic
    12-20-2017 08:09 AM
    Cosmetic
    Sir Even though I have apple care plus on upgrade program apple this issue won’t be covered and the people at the upgrade won’t charge me for this scratch correct ?
    12-20-2017 09:57 AM
    Sir Even though I have apple care plus on upgrade program apple this issue won’t be covered and the people at the upgrade won’t charge me for this scratch correct ?
    Scratches aren't covered under AppleCare Plus. Scratches are just normal wear and tear.
    12-20-2017 11:43 PM
    I have a feeling when some people walk into the Apple store employees eyes get stuck way back up in their head.
    12-21-2017 09:07 AM
    Scratches aren't covered under AppleCare Plus. Scratches are just normal wear and tear.
    It cracks me up when people say I don’t use a screen protector because I have AC+. It’s like AC+ doesn’t cover your scratches screen.
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    12-21-2017 01:50 PM
    It cracks me up when people say I don’t use a screen protector because I have AC+. It’s like AC+ doesn’t cover your scratches screen.
    True, it doesn't cover scratches, but it covers just about everything else. In my experience (so, ymmv) I only get micro scratches of the screen's oleophobic coating and not of the glass when I don't use a protector. I can deal with this, as they can only be seen in the right lighting conditions. Most protectors also don't cover the entire screen, so many drops to the corners and/or edges of the device break the glass anyways. Perhaps they aren't as severe with a protector as without, but its a risk I'm willing to take and to each their own.

If the whitestone dome glass wasn't $50, I'd give that a try. I hate how most screen protectors only cover the flat surface of the glass, leaving a gap all the way around where lint, dirt, etc. collect between the edge of the protector and many cases. I've tried a few brands of these types, and the X protectors I've used have not only had this problem, but also have had pocket lint that sticks to the side of the protector.

I'd rather deal with the micro scratches of the oleophobic coating than the crummy protectors.
    12-21-2017 02:03 PM
    I hate how most screen protectors only cover the flat surface of the glass, leaving a gap all the way around where lint, dirt, etc. collect between the edge of the protector and many cases.
    Not seeing that myself with a spigen glass and caudabe sheath. The only thing i have ever seen collect lint/dirt is Apple silicone case.
    nnahorski likes this.
    12-21-2017 09:01 PM
    True, it doesn't cover scratches, but it covers just about everything else. In my experience (so, ymmv) I only get micro scratches of the screen's oleophobic coating and not of the glass when I don't use a protector. I can deal with this, as they can only be seen in the right lighting conditions. Most protectors also don't cover the entire screen, so many drops to the corners and/or edges of the device break the glass anyways. Perhaps they aren't as severe with a protector as without, but its a risk I'm willing to take and to each their own.

If the whitestone dome glass wasn't $50, I'd give that a try. I hate how most screen protectors only cover the flat surface of the glass, leaving a gap all the way around where lint, dirt, etc. collect between the edge of the protector and many cases. I've tried a few brands of these types, and the X protectors I've used have not only had this problem, but also have had pocket lint that sticks to the side of the protector.

I'd rather deal with the micro scratches of the oleophobic coating than the crummy protectors.
    Not me. I resell my phones. To get top dollar, there can’t be any micro scratches on the screen. None. Or it just kills the value or people just go onto the next phone.
    nnahorski, Cladster and tadpoles like this.
    12-22-2017 12:10 PM
    Not seeing that myself with a spigen glass and caudabe sheath. The only thing i have ever seen collect lint/dirt is Apple silicone case.
    Hmm... Maybe my pockets are particularly "linty". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    12-22-2017 12:49 PM
    Not me. I resell my phones. To get top dollar, there can’t be any micro scratches on the screen. None. Or it just kills the value or people just go onto the next phone.
    That's a fair point, and completely understandable reason to use a protector.
    12-22-2017 12:50 PM
    Is this something Apple would fix for me and is it covered under warrenty ?

I think the 10 dollar Walmart case I purchased caused this.
    It's cosmetic. I don't think it will be covered.

This warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports; (c) to damage caused by use with another product; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Apple Product outside Apple’s published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”); (g) to an Apple Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Apple Product, or (i) if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Apple Product.
    12-22-2017 01:17 PM
    I have iPhone X glass installed I see dust under the screen protector/under the physical screen and before install I didn’t see it

How can I prevent this in the future ?

Is this consider dust under screen protector or dust under the physical display /dead pixel ?
    Attached Thumbnails I’m still having issues with iPhone X screen protectors.-8990f542-c239-42ae-887a-c9698b784f5e.jpeg  
    01-04-2018 12:28 PM
    I have iPhone X glass installed I see dust under the screen protector/under the physical screen and before install I didn’t see it

How can I prevent this in the future ?
    You can prevent that by going in to the bathroom, turning up hot water, let it run so the room gets steamy, clean the physical display, apply the screen protector, turn off hot water.

Since dust is light when dry and steam makes it heavier, the dust particles in air won’t hang freely in the steamy air, essentially preventing the dust from getting on the display.

Is this consider dust under screen protector or dust under the physical display /dead pixel ?
    Take off the screen protector and see if you can remove the dust. If not, Apple has sold you a faulty device. Make an appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have it checked.
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    01-04-2018 12:55 PM
    The picture won’t show for me. So best way to know if it’s dust is turn screen off and shine flash light on that spot. If you see it with screen off, it’s dust.

I too install mine in bathroom. After I clean screen, I spray screen with canned air to ensure all dust particles are off. Then lay screen protector down.
    01-04-2018 12:58 PM
    The picture won’t show for me. So best way to know if it’s dust is turn screen off and shine flash light on that spot. If you see it with screen off, it’s dust.

I too install mine in bathroom. After I clean screen, I spray screen with canned air to ensure all dust particles are off. Then lay screen protector down.
    When screen is off I see it this is my second one installs my pervious post I had worst dust.
    01-04-2018 01:12 PM
    Apple couldn’t don’t that Install a new glass and I saw that
    01-04-2018 01:13 PM
    Apple couldn’t don’t that Install a new glass and I saw that
    Can you elaborate what you mean?
    01-04-2018 01:35 PM

Tap the top of the thread, select More, then Web View. That works to show the pictures for me, it may work for you.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-04-2018 03:35 PM
197 ... 45678