Yep. I will keep the internet though from AT&T. It is fiber (1k up/down) w/ unlimited data.

I can't wait for the Apple TV to be honest. I used my buddies and liked it a lot. It will go in the living room and I can use the Fire Stick in my PC room.. then Chromecast elsewhere .
    Nice, I have an older apple tv and never use it. I use a Roku and Amazon fire TV on my TV's

Coming from the pixel 2 XL, what do you think of the size of the X? I used to love the large phones....got sick of the hugeness and got an iPhone 7 that I hated, was too small. There was no happy medium with Apple. It was the big clunky plus or the too small 4.7”

Now that the X came out I think the size is so great. Could be a tad bigger, but very comfy in the hand. When I tested out the pixel 2 XL I found it very cumbersome to hold. Not rounded enough and too big IMO. I know some people enjoy the bigger phones I just think it’s too big
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-04-2018 05:16 PM
    Coming from the pixel 2 XL, what do you think of the size of the X? I used to love the large phones....got sick of the hugeness and got an iPhone 7 that I hated, was too small. There was no happy medium with Apple. It was the big clunky plus or the too small 4.7”

Now that the X came out I think the size is so great. Could be a tad bigger, but very comfy in the hand. When I tested out the pixel 2 XL I found it very cumbersome to hold. Not rounded enough and too big IMO. I know some people enjoy the bigger phones I just think it’s too big
    It definitely feels smaller for sure. I got so used to my Pixel 2 XL I could swing it around my my hand to put it in my pocket easily. I went to do that with the X and that is when I noticed how small it truly was.

My buddy at work loves his iPhone SE. He loves smaller phones so I have been showing him the iPhone X. It is a little bit bigger but truly I think he would love it. It isn't the behemoth phones most are used to.
    01-04-2018 05:44 PM
    It definitely feels smaller for sure. I got so used to my Pixel 2 XL I could swing it around my my hand to put it in my pocket easily. I went to do that with the X and that is when I noticed how small it truly was.

My buddy at work loves his iPhone SE. He loves smaller phones so I have been showing him the iPhone X. It is a little bit bigger but truly I think he would love it. It isn't the behemoth phones most are used to.
    Are you thinking too small for your liking? Apparently there will be a bigger version next year. A lot of plus users have complained it’s too small
    01-04-2018 05:54 PM
    Are you thinking too small for your liking? Apparently there will be a bigger version next year. A lot of plus users have complained it’s too small
    I could use either. It is nice being smaller but it just means I have to be careful with not dropping it. The screen is nice as well.. just not all my apps are setup for the X yet which kind of sucks. Makes the screen feel scrunched lol.
    01-04-2018 06:00 PM
    I could use either. It is nice being smaller but it just means I have to be careful with not dropping it. The screen is nice as well.. just not all my apps are setup for the X yet which kind of sucks. Makes the screen feel scrunched lol.
    You seem very easy going all around lol.
    01-04-2018 06:01 PM
    You seem very easy going all around lol.
    Haha yeah I am pretty laid back. 2-3 years ago I would be more "This sucks, this sucks, this sucks" .. but now I can just see it is different. Things are moved, act different, but in the end they still deliver the same experience. Such as the apps not being updated for the iPhone X are the apps fault -- not the iPhones. Most devs have updated .. the ones (*cough* twitch.tv *cough*) are just being lazy :P.

I usually like bigger phones but really just bigger screens. The X being more hand held is a good thing since I know more people will like it and I will like it since I still have good screen real estate .
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-04-2018 06:04 PM
    Haha yeah I am pretty laid back. 2-3 years ago I would be more "This sucks, this sucks, this sucks" .. but now I can just see it is different. Things are moved, act different, but in the end they still deliver the same experience. Such as the apps not being updated for the iPhone X are the apps fault -- not the iPhones. Most devs have updated .. the ones (*cough* twitch.tv *cough*) are just being lazy :P.

I usually like bigger phones but really just bigger screens. The X being more hand held is a good thing since I know more people will like it and I will like it since I still have good screen real estate .
    I hear ya, I always have to see the big picture as well too and sometimes take a step back. A phone is a phone, they all make voice calls, video calls, can text and search internet...etc. it’s just a matter of what you like better and what fits into your lifestyle better. For me I had to step back and say what do I value most...iMessage (sending videos) and FaceTime. My family members and close friends are all iOS users and to single myself out is silly. Then I think to myself why should I settle because they all use iOS? I want to use what I like. In the end it’s easier for me to use be on iOS platform and I just need to accept that once and for all. I do miss android though at times.
    Almeuit and LCW like this.
    01-04-2018 06:09 PM
    I hear ya, I always have to see the big picture as well too and sometimes take a step back. A phone is a phone, they all make voice calls, video calls, can text and search internet...etc. it’s just a matter of what you like better and what fits into your lifestyle better. For me I had to step back and say what do I value most...iMessage (sending videos) and FaceTime. My family members and close friends are all iOS users and to single myself out is silly. Then I think to myself why should I settle because they all use iOS? I want to use what I like. In the end it’s easier for me to use be on iOS platform and I just need to accept that once and for all. I do miss android though at times.
    Yeah if I had family members the relied on it a ton I could see myself going for it. Most of my family uses Android though -- except for the parents. When Mom sends a video she has learned to send it to the gf so I can view it in good quality.
    01-04-2018 06:16 PM
    I will say I am glad to see Apple borrowed this idea (we all know Google and Apple borrow so I don't mean it in a bad way)....

Google / Pixel Junkie Swapping to iPhone X for A Week! (update: now going for a few months)-img_0024.jpg

The "which app do you want" is a great thing.. especially with the toggle to not always use it since sometimes you may want to change it up.
    01-04-2018 06:34 PM
    ^

Or wait .. is that just Google Assistant doing that? Could be since I use it to ask for a lot lol... oops :-x
    01-04-2018 06:42 PM
    ^

Or wait .. is that just Google Assistant doing that? Could be since I use it to ask for a lot lol... oops :-x
    This feature is only available in Google apps.
    You can open navigation in other apps with Apple Maps, too, but you’ll have to do as in the video:
    01-04-2018 06:52 PM
    ^

It's mostly Google apps that give you that option, but there are a few others. I use Spark for my email and it lets you use Chrome as your browser to open links. Tripit lets you choose Google maps in the settings. There are more that I can't think of right now, but it is not a default behavior in iOS.
    01-04-2018 08:45 PM
    Let me know what you think of DirecTV now. I had it when it launched and it was so bad. I've heard it's improved and will get cloud DVR early this year. Once that happens I may try it out again. I'm using psvue now and love it. More channels on DirecTV now though
    I’ve had it for a few months now. It was great until the week of Christmas. Since then it’s been HORRIBLE. Constant buffering and many times no channels will tune in at all. I thought maybe it was just me till I looked on Twitter and found a ton of people with the same issues. I tried watching it tonight but the buffering was aggravating. I got in on the $10/month Att deal for the 60 channel package. If it wasn’t $10 I’d dump it right now. I use an Emby server from my office where we have cable over Directv Now. I’m only keeping it in hopes that it gets better and the DVR gets fixed.

My buddy has the DVR beta and it’s god awful. You MUST have the app open for the shows to record. Many times they still don’t record. While watching a show it will jump back 10 minutes for no reason and sometimes restart. It’s nowhere near ready for prime time.

I’ve had PS Vue, Hulu TV, YouTube TV and briefly Sling. PS Vue is still the best.
    01-04-2018 09:56 PM
    I’ve had it for a few months now. It was great until the week of Christmas. Since then it’s been HORRIBLE. Constant buffering and many times no channels will tune in at all. I thought maybe it was just me till I looked on Twitter and found a ton of people with the same issues. I tried watching it tonight but the buffering was aggravating. I got in on the $10/month Att deal for the 60 channel package. If it wasn’t $10 I’d dump it right now. I use an Emby server from my office where we have cable over Directv Now. I’m only keeping it in hopes that it gets better and the DVR gets fixed.

My buddy has the DVR beta and it’s god awful. You MUST have the app open for the shows to record. Many times they still don’t record. While watching a show it will jump back 10 minutes for no reason and sometimes restart. It’s nowhere near ready for prime time.

I’ve had PS Vue, Hulu TV, YouTube TV and briefly Sling. PS Vue is still the best.
    Good to know and thanks for sharing your experience! I am staying on PSVue for now
    01-04-2018 09:58 PM

I read an article that DirecTV Now had a huge spike in new subscribers over the holidays and that's why it's buffering all the time. I signed up for it about a month ago and it was working great, until Christmas. Then all it does is buffer. So much buffering. It's not my internet that's the problem either. I'm using a Roku Ultra and that, too, isn't the issue. I hope they fix their issues because they still have the best channel selection out of all the streaming services.
    01-05-2018 11:24 AM
    I read an article that DirecTV Now had a huge spike in new subscribers over the holidays and that's why it's buffering all the time. I signed up for it about a month ago and it was working great, until Christmas. Then all it does is buffer. So much buffering. It's not my internet that's the problem either. I'm using a Roku Ultra and that, too, isn't the issue. I hope they fix their issues because they still have the best channel selection out of all the streaming services.
    I agree, the channel lineup is by far the best. Hopefully they fix the servers and the DVR before it rolls out. If those 2 things weren’t an issue, it would be the best service by far.
    01-05-2018 11:26 AM
    So far for the day + I have had it I haven't seen any buffering. Occasional hiccup in quality but it goes right back to HD after.
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    01-05-2018 01:01 PM
    So far for the day + I have had it I haven't seen any buffering. Occasional hiccup in quality but it goes right back to HD after.
    How's the X treating you so far?
    01-05-2018 01:40 PM
    How's the X treating you so far?
    It ain't bad. I miss my Pixel so I may not make it a week. Nothing from the iPhone is making me be like "I can't stand this at all!" and have to go back but I just miss my comfort pick :P.
    01-05-2018 02:13 PM
    It ain't bad. I miss my Pixel so I may not make it a week. Nothing from the iPhone is making me be like "I can't stand this at all!" and have to go back but I just miss my comfort pick :P.
    My sisters husband switched to android after being on iOS for 5 years, just because he didn’t consider the iPhone 8 an upgrade for the 7 and the iPhone X he deemed too expensive.

When I saw him today he complained about the many small stuff that annoyed him about Android in general.

I replied with something like: all systems are basically the same, the small stuff are what really counts. Ohhh, and I had a very big “I told you so” moment.
    01-05-2018 03:58 PM
    My sisters husband switched to android after being on iOS for 5 years, just because he didn’t consider the iPhone 8 an upgrade for the 7 and the iPhone X he deemed too expensive.

When I saw him today he complained about the many small stuff that annoyed him about Android in general.

I replied with something like: all systems are basically the same, the small stuff are what really counts. Ohhh, and I had a very big “I told you so” moment.
    Yeah I'm in the opposite boat. I don't hate the iPhone but I miss the little things from my Pixel.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    01-05-2018 04:05 PM
    Yeah I'm in the opposite boat. I don't hate the iPhone but I miss the little things from my Pixel.
    Indeed. It's the little things that matter....
    Almeuit likes this.
    01-05-2018 04:17 PM
    I'm doing the exact thing right now for a few days with my wife's iPhone X. My daily driver is a Note 8. We switched phones. She came from Android not to long along ago so she knows the ins & outs of it. I'm only a day in & it's some things I don't like. Other than that this is a pretty good phone. The notifications are trash though lol.
    Almeuit, DMP89145 and Gray Area like this.
    01-05-2018 04:18 PM
    The notifications are trash though lol.
    Fully agree on that note. That is one thing I can say I "hate" about iOS.. never liked the notification system.
    DMP89145, TripleOne and Gray Area like this.
    01-05-2018 05:26 PM
    Many like the X over the Plus sized phones because the larger are easier to drop!
    01-06-2018 07:25 AM
127 12345 ...