Here is my experience w/the iPhone X after having it for 2 months.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I received my shiny new slate grey 64 gig iPhone X on the official release date 11/3/2017 and decided to share my thoughts after using it as my daily driver for the last 2 months.

First off, I mainly use my device for emails, auctions, social media and scanning the web when I am not at my iMac 27 desktop. I do not watch movies and videos so I can't give an accurate review of those functions.

Gestures: Being I am a former Blackberry OS10 user, the gesture concept was easy for me to adapt to. The swipe functions on the X are smooth and navigating, opening and closing apps seems like a natural function now. I have found my self not missing the home button at all.

Its funny when I have to look at something on my twin brother Don's iPhone 8, I now find using the home button seems slow me down. For myself, gestures are the future of the iPhone and are here to stay.

Battery: I charge my device at night when I go to bed and I use my X for my business and personal stuff all day and have plenty of life left when I shut it down in the evening before bed. That includes using social media stuff like Facebook, Twitter, iMessage and yes my BBM groups.

Screen: The screen on the X is beautiful and I have left it set to the factory settings and it's sharp crisp, my emails and social media text are crisp and legible. I have had every iPhone since the first aluminum model and this is the best screen yet.

Camera: I am tech writer by trade and I have been using the camera on my X to take pictures of the equipment I develop documentation for and I have been impressed on the quality of the images. I used to use a point and shoot camera for documentation photos, but now the iPhone X camera is my main tool for my photos.

I still use my digital SLR for my nature and animal shots because of the larger sensor, pixel density and lens selection. I will say that the need for having a point and shoot camera and a digital SLR is no loner necessary. Now I only use my iPhone X for all of my social media and everyday shots and my digital SLR for my serious nature stuff.

Value: Yes the iPhone X is expensive, but I feel the device was well worth the money I shelled out for it. I have always like the gesture concept and where Blackberry has abandoned it in favor of the Android system. Apple has the capital and engineering resources to really make it work and I am excited about the future of the product. Just my two cents worth.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: 1 Month with my iPhone X

Mods!!! Could you change the title of my post to 2 months with the iPhone X please.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: 2 Month with my iPhone X

In regard to the personal review, I am in agreement. The iPhone X that I had no intentions of buying no turned out to be more than I expected. The gestures are pretty good, but I can’t stand having to swipe up, press and hold and then swipe again to close out an app. I’m one of those people who closes out my app after a while of not using them even though I know I don’t have to. Still, that’s what I do and I want it to be simpler like it is in the devices prior to the iPhone X. Anyway, thank you for sharing your personal review. It was excellent, sir.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: 2 months with my iPhone X

It’s been exactly 2 months since I received my iPhone X and it’s been great! I haven’t had any complaints at all and I really do LOVE the X. It’s all I could ask for in a phone and I’m already looking forward to the bigger version of the X.

Thank you for sharing your 2 months experience with your iPhone X

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

How has Face ID been thus far? That is what is keeping me away as I love Touch ID and can’t see myself not using it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

How has Face ID been thus far? That is what is keeping me away as I love Touch ID and can’t see myself not using it.

It’s convenient, but it’s not as fast as Touch ID. I’m sure it’ll only get faster from here on out.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site

I turned off the pay attention features for Face ID and it’s super fast to unlock since I don’t have to stare directly at the device.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
2 months with my iPhone X

I turned off the pay attention features for Face ID and it’s super fast to unlock since I don’t have to stare directly at the device.

So, if someone knocks you on your @$$ they can unlock your phone while you’re passed out. Hmmm....

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site

So, if someone knocks you on your @$$ they can unlock your phone while you’re passed out. Hmmm....

Well considering I don’t let people get into my personal space like that, I’m pretty sure I can avoid that. Call it perfected self awareness from working in a prison for 12 years.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

I'm in the opposite view. I had the iPhone X off-and-on for a month and a half and I couldn't deal with it anymore. The gestures weren't intuitive and fluid, the device was too expensive for what it offered (or didn't offer), FaceID doesn't work well when you're laying down, and the gesture to go to the home screen after FaceID recognizes your face was silly and redundant. And, most importantly, the battery issues with Apple in general really turned me off from iPhone. Their lack of transparency cost them a customer.

I'm glad you enjoy your iPhone X. I hope you continue to enjoy the hell out if it! But, it wasn't the device for me. I really hope Apple is more transparent in the future about their older devices and how they handle battery issues going forward. I really hope they develop their battery technology like Samsung did with the S8s and Note 8. If they can do that, then I'll purchase iPhone again.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

The iPhone X is a nice phone and I do like both of mine fine, nothing wrong with them, per se. However, the longer I use them the more it’s obvious that they seem overpriced. Once that honeymoon is over, and it is, I can’t really recommend paying a premium over the 8 Plus for these. I’m sure there aren’t too too many of us that feel that way though.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm in the opposite view. I had the iPhone X off-and-on for a month and a half and I couldn't deal with it anymore. The gestures weren't intuitive and fluid, the device was too expensive for what it offered (or didn't offer), FaceID doesn't work well when you're laying down, and the gesture to go to the home screen after FaceID recognizes your face was silly and redundant. And, most importantly, the battery issues with Apple in general really turned me off from iPhone. Their lack of transparency cost them a customer.

I'm glad you enjoy your iPhone X. I hope you continue to enjoy the hell out if it! But, it wasn't the device for me. I really hope Apple is more transparent in the future about their older devices and how they handle battery issues going forward. I really hope they develop their battery technology like Samsung did with the S8s and Note 8. If they can do that, then I'll purchase iPhone again.

Are you going to switch to Android?

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I’ve had mine for about 6 weeks now. I truly enjoy the X and the experience of it. I now use gestures on my iPad - which of course don’t work - and if just feels dated when I use it now.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I’ve had mine for about 6 weeks now. I truly enjoy the X and the experience of it. I now use gestures on my iPad - which of course don’t work - and if just feels dated when I use it now.

It’s just a matter of time before we see an updated iPad Pro that’s similar to the X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR