Need opinions

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
While I can’t see your photos (I’m using the iMore app) I would consider, were I you, getting one of the many $5-$10 tempered glass protectors on Amazon and going for a flawless install (i.e.,steamy bathroom for 0 dust).

Thats what I did got cheap ones, and still had dust and lint behind protector.. the protector itself if perfect but edges don’t settle anymore because I lifted it to get the remaining dust/lint behind the protector and top left edge messed up a bit cause I lifted it like 4 times from there.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
While I can’t see your photos (I’m using the iMore app) I would consider, were I you, getting one of the many $5-$10 tempered glass protectors on Amazon and going for a flawless install (i.e.,steamy bathroom for 0 dust).

Hold on message and click web view you be able to see the pictures.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Just get some more. The key is you HAVE to...HAVE TO be in a dust-free environment. The steamy bathroom trick really does help/work. Throw another $8-$10 at it and try again. ...in a dust-free steamy bathroom.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Some manufacturers of screen protector, and skin in particular (dbrand for example) recommend using a hair dryer to heat the edge for proper cure. Maybe worth trying. Nothing to lose as long as you do not overheat the device itself.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Some manufacturers of screen protector, and skin in particular (dbrand for example) recommend using a hair dryer to heat the edge for proper cure. Maybe worth trying. Nothing to lose as long as you do not overheat the device itself.

I think that’s for the wet apply film-type protectors only but I may be mistaken.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I think that’s for the wet apply film-type protectors only but I may be mistaken.

Disclaimer first: I am no expert on this matter :).
I believe wet-application is only for the ease of application (for better glide and positioning of the film on a flat surface), and the film still has the sticky coating to adhere to the surface.
I suggested the application of the heat as I thought the OP was running out of options. Heat application is fairly common and popular for any sticky film application, as it will soften the base material as well as the glue to conform to the surface. But once the film is distorted or glue became half dried etc, it is always difficult o put it back on the flat surface but the heat application may or may not save it. But this probably is for relatively thin films.

See dbrand's video here.

https://dbrand.com/skins/how-to-apply/iphone-x?utm_mnsid=UUimUvbUpU3032000

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
And I might add that, for sticky film application, I always spray water on the surface first, for easier positioning (gliding) of the film as well as for easier squeezing dirt/dust out after application. I also tried hot shower steaming method someone suggested. All works great.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
An I am bugging you guys with yet another comment on this. Over the years, I did become a bit of an OCD, so much preoccupied with the perfect application of the screen protector film. Little bubble or dirt or imperfection immensely bothered me. Today, I no longer DIY, and pass that responsibility to the seller when they offer that service (like with $10 extra etc). In the last few purchases of the iPhone upgrades, I always buy one of those Belkin glass protections for which Apple store uses a dedicated application tool. It is quick and produces the perfect application each time. There was a time when some dirt babbles were left (the store guy did not clean the surface sufficiently), but they immediately replace it with a new one. No more screen protector OCD (costs extra money though)

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
That is my plan to get the Belkin at Apple store. But they have a recall on it, so waiting for them to bring it back. Once it does, I will go to the apple store, only thing it's two hours away and well I will probably have to check my phone before I leave cause then I will have wait again..... I was also planning to get zagg glass+ from Best Buy and have them install it but they always apply it wrong and a lot dust get's left off. Been hearing the apple employees do a very good job on applying the screen due to the machine they use...

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
That is my plan to get the Belkin at Apple store. But they have a recall on it, so waiting for them to bring it back. Once it does, I will go to the apple store, only thing it's two hours away and well I will probably have to check my phone before I leave cause then I will have wait again..... I was also planning to get zagg glass+ from Best Buy and have them install it but they always apply it wrong and a lot dust get's left off. Been hearing the apple employees do a very good job on applying the screen due to the machine they use...

It’s basically a perfect installation, thanks to the Belkin machine they’ve got.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2