Need opinions

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I installed a glass screen protector, problem was that there were small lint/hair and dusts behind screen protector so I used the tape method to remove but now left the corners messed up but no dust or lint behind the protector in the active screen... It doesn’t bother me but what you guys do? Leave it or put a new one? This is my 4th glass protector, they are $8 i amazon... I’m also thinking of waiting for the gen 2 belkin invisiglass ultra... Here are pics how it looks...

IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg
IMG_0024.jpg
IMG_0026.jpg
IMG_0023.jpg

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Leave it be for a couple days and see if that edge reseats itself. I use the Jetechs and the one I have on had a few of those areas. After a day they all disappeared and it looks absolutely perfect.

The Jetechs are great imo and only $7 for 2.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
In my experience if you relift the protector to remove lint, it will never fully seal again. I always install mine in a humid bathroom after a shower to minimize the lint. Or under the hood on my stove with the hood on. It has worked well and I have not had to redo any in quite awhile.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have had it for already a week. Good think I was able to get all lint and dust underneath the protector. I just feel those edges with mess the screen or something the left top edge is kind of messed up because I lifted it to much the other edges will probably settle in time but the left one is where it probably won’t seal due to being messed up already... Good thing its the top left corner where I don’t see all the time lol or is the screen I put attention to... Most likely I am going to wait until belkin brings out the new versions of there glass and go to apple store which is 2 hours away to get them install it, I’ll probably just deal with this protector till that, good thing its just the protector not screen i just don’t like my ocd ☹️ but I have been working on getting better and making sure the ocd doesn’t get out of control and just tell myself its the protector not the actual screen and good thing I bought Applecare+

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
If your OCD is that bad, do not use a protector at all. You will just find something wrong with it, or end up spending way more money on replacing the ones you remove just cause.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
If your OCD is that bad, do not use a protector at all. You will just find something wrong with it, or end up spending way more money on replacing the ones you remove just cause.

Been thinking of that, but my ocd does calm down after a months with it.. Iphone 7 plus also had the edges kind of messed up due to me removing dust... Just wondering what you all would do if you had those edges I have.

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Been thinking of that, but my ocd does calm down after a months with it.. Iphone 7 plus also had the edges kind of messed up due to me removing dust... Just wondering what you all would do if you had those edges I have.

Honestly I was speaking from experience, it’s hard to just enjoy the phone when you’re constantly trying to fix accessories ...

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site

I hear ya on the ocd thing. Mine is a bit out of control when it comes to electronics. Last year I sold an S8 at a pretty big loss and bought a new one because I saw a millimeter size scratch on the frame. A normal person would put the case back on and ignore it, not me.

If that were mine and it had been a few days, I’d replace it. I currently have 5 extra ones in my drawer for situations like this.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I was speaking from experience, it’s hard to just enjoy the phone when you’re constantly trying to fix accessories ...

Yea, the most likely I’ll wait for the new belkin maybe by then the edge won’t bother me and maybe keep it. I’m enjoying the phone trust me its the best iPhone ever and all..

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I hear ya on the ocd thing. Mine is a bit out of control when it comes to electronics. Last year I sold an S8 at a pretty big loss and bought a new one because I saw a millimeter size scratch on the frame. A normal person would put the case back on and ignore it, not me.

If that were mine and it had been a few days, I’d replace it. I currently have 5 extra ones in my drawer for situations like this.

This my 4th one hahaha

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I’m OCD like that. Always trying to keep my phones as perfect as possible. I always do the bathroom steam method and, so far, have been lucky.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use the Zagg Glass+. Bought it at BestBuy and had them install it. Comes with an alignment tray so pretty hard to mess it up.

I do the exact same thing. I am terrible at putting on screen protectors, so it doesn't bother me to pay a little extra to have it put on!!!

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I am planning on waiting on the new Belkin Glass to come out in Feburary, once it comes out I will go to San Antonio which is 2 hours away for them to get it installed, I'm just glad there is no lint or dust underneath the screen protector just the edges that messed up.... I was going to go to Best Buy and have them put the Zagg glass+ But previous experiences with them aren't so great had to go back like several times because of the same problem, dust and lint behind the protector. With the iPhone 7 Plus they installed Zagg Glass+ same problem I was able to clean out the dust and lint under the protector but left the edges messed up, but never had so much OCD due to the edges aren't part of the screen and was in the bezel area. I am hoping the OCD calms down, it did for the 7 Plus the edge wasn't bothering me at all after few months with it... Maybe I am hoping it will go away the OCD of it....

Would anyone else leave it the way it is based on the Pictures I posted?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
While I can’t see your photos (I’m using the iMore app) I would consider, were I you, getting one of the many $5-$10 tempered glass protectors on Amazon and going for a flawless install (i.e.,steamy bathroom for 0 dust).

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I am planning on waiting on the new Belkin Glass to come out in Feburary, once it comes out I will go to San Antonio which is 2 hours away for them to get it installed, I'm just glad there is no lint or dust underneath the screen protector just the edges that messed up.... I was going to go to Best Buy and have them put the Zagg glass+ But previous experiences with them aren't so great had to go back like several times because of the same problem, dust and lint behind the protector. With the iPhone 7 Plus they installed Zagg Glass+ same problem I was able to clean out the dust and lint under the protector but left the edges messed up, but never had so much OCD due to the edges aren't part of the screen and was in the bezel area. I am hoping the OCD calms down, it did for the 7 Plus the edge wasn't bothering me at all after few months with it... Maybe I am hoping it will go away the OCD of it....

Would anyone else leave it the way it is based on the Pictures I posted?

I’m waiting on the updated version of the Belkin Glass too, hopefully this time around they got it right.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR