I'm using the iPhone X with the latest iOS (11.x). I have noticed this problem, though, on my iPhone 6 Plus also with iOS 11. For some reason, I can't connect to public Wi-Fis. Some Starbucks don't use Google Starbucks (they say Starbucks Wi-fi in the connection list) and I can't connect to those. Also, I had the same issue today at McDonald's. It would connect after I get the login screen (which took a while) and then immediately disconnect. I do use Phone Guardian VPN and I've tried disabling that but it's the same issue. I've kind of given up on public Wi-fis but I don't want to waste my data.

Any clues? Thanks.
    12-24-2017 11:23 AM
    Try resetting the network settings.
    12-24-2017 11:51 AM
    Thanks. I've done that multiple times on my iPhone 6 Plus and it just doesn't want to work. I'll do it on my iPhone X and hope to get better results. Should I also take off the VPN?
    bobsgolf likes this.
    12-24-2017 12:49 PM
    Thanks. I've done that multiple times on my iPhone 6 Plus and it just doesn't want to work. I'll do it on my iPhone X and hope to get better results. Should I also take off the VPN?
    Hopefully, the problem will get resolved for you without you having to restore and set up as new. I don’t have any problems connecting to public hotspots with my iPhone X.
    12-24-2017 12:51 PM
    Test it with VPN off and see if that works. If it does check with your VPN provider to see if there is a setting that needs to be fixed. I wouldn’t do too much browsing without VPN on open networks.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-24-2017 02:28 PM
    Thanks. I've decided to just uninstall it to test it out. I won't be able to test it out until Tuesday, but I'll give it a shot.

Test it with VPN off and see if that works. If it does check with your VPN provider to see if there is a setting that needs to be fixed. I wouldn’t do too much browsing without VPN on open networks.
    12-24-2017 05:35 PM
    Thanks. I've decided to just uninstall it to test it out. I won't be able to test it out until Tuesday, but I'll give it a shot.

12-24-2017 05:35 PM
    It seems you are facing authetification problem and not a wi fi problem as you are able to find wifi network and when try to establish connection you are facing problem and you have reset your network setting the only option is setting of wifi which gives you problem.
    12-25-2017 03:12 AM
    That means not using Wii-Fi almost everywhere. Any way to fix that authentication?

It seems you are facing authetification problem and not a wi fi problem as you are able to find wifi network and when try to establish connection you are facing problem and you have reset your network setting the only option is setting of wifi which gives you problem.
    12-25-2017 10:58 AM
    So I took off my VPN completely and here's what I'm finding out. I tried it out today at my local Starbucks that doesn't use Google Starbucks. They use Starbucks Wi-Fi instead as the name (not affiliated with Google). My wi-fi page places a check mark next to it, but there's no Wi-Fi symbol. I verify that there's no Internet connection because when I open up my Safari, it says that Cellular Data is not turned on.

Should I maybe try to find a website that lets me log in to the generic Starbucks Wi-Fi using Cellular Data? If so, what website?

Thanks.
    12-30-2017 12:59 PM
    Maybe your phone is quietly trying to save you from using public (less secure) WiFi?
    01-03-2018 03:45 AM
    Maybe your phone is quietly trying to save you from using public (less secure) WiFi?
    Now that would a really smart smartphone. I'd have to be pretty desperate to risk using public WiFi, and probably never at a Starbucks or most if not all airports, especially without using protection. I do have a VPN, just in case.
    tadpoles likes this.
    01-03-2018 06:31 PM
    Maybe . I just find it amazing that I'm the only one that's having these issues.
    01-03-2018 07:35 PM