Ok so when I first got my iPhone X it was fast and had great download speeds. I picked it up on my lunch break so I set it up as new, signed into my account so I could download some apps to get through work (facebook, instagram, snapchat) once I got home I restored the phone and loaded a backup onto it that I had from my iPhone 7 plus. Every since then the phone feels slower, and downloading on social media seems slower. So I want to wipe the phone and just keep my messages, photos and contacts. Is this possible?
    12-20-2017 07:53 PM
    You should be able to get your contacts by going to settings > iCloud and toggling Contacts on. Or Gmail and etc. But you can't get messages and photos if you set up as new. You could upload the photos to Google Photos or other cloud app like Box and Dropbox. Messages would have to start over from scratch. You could screenshot those important to you to save.
    mach1man likes this.
    12-21-2017 07:16 AM
    I prefer to do a clean install even when getting a new phone. I did try the transfer your info on my new X, but it seems to have messed up the Health tracker app where my watch adn phone are tracking the info and I had to pair my watch again and its now in there twice.
    12-21-2017 03:20 PM
    Personally when i switched over i used the Box app for all my files and photos. It worked fine, I just had to physically copy them over. Now just use Box as my main file system. I have not mastered the apple eco system yet so not sure if there is a better way or not. That what worked for me. My contacts are all on Outlook so I was synced to that.

Good luck
    12-22-2017 02:23 PM
    If you have iCloud sync tuned on for contacts and photos then they are all saved to the cloud and setting up a new device will restore them on your new device. Unfortunately you will lose messages.
    12-22-2017 03:15 PM