Auto sign in for all Google apps; automatic photo backup to Google Drive, unlimited photos and video storage on Google Drive if photos taken with Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL. Can't get any of that on iPhone.
    My photos auto back with my iPhone. I’ve had Google Photos since it first came available. Used it with all my androids and now with my iPhone. I have years of photos on there. I will say iMessage alone make iOS more palatable for me.
    12-28-2017 01:44 AM
    I had the Pixel2 and now have the iPhoneX, to me you can't compare the Pixel2XL as it has a way bigger footprint (it's like comparing a compact car to a 4x4).

Different elements:
    Camera shades it on the Pixel2 however the 2x optical on the iPhoneX is a real bonus from a everyday use perspective.
    UI shades it on the Pixel2, mainly the customisation options.
    Screen shades it on the iPhoneX, way more real estate and better colour representation.
    FaceID shades it on the iPhoneX, yes really! for me it works great, whether it be half awake in bed, sunglasses on, scarf covering my chin it still works flawlessly.
    Audio is a dead heat, i honestly think the speakers are better on the iPhoneX but the Bluetooth seems to be better on the Pixel2.

As per a lot of the previous posts you can't go wrong with either really !!
    12-28-2017 05:46 AM
    If every last person in your family and friends had an iPhone or iPad then your logic applies. There's way more WhatsApp users globally and chances are you seldom have to convince someone to install or download the app.
    Of all the people I know personally in the U.S., I don't know of a single one using WhatsApp. I have some friends outside the U.S. that use it.

I can't picture ever getting my mom, dad, or a number of other people to ever install it on their phone, much less use it. Why should they, iMessaging works perfectly for them, even when texting non iPhone users.
    12-28-2017 07:35 AM
    Nice write up, thanks for taking the time to do that!
    12-28-2017 08:21 AM
    Auto sign in for all Google apps;
    I agree it works great on the Pixels, but once you have your apps set up it's not really necessary any more.
    12-28-2017 10:45 AM
    The fact that iMessage doesn’t compress media like other chat apps (I’m looking at you, WhatsApp) is what I really like most with iMessage. Most people don’t realize this.
    Again this applies to people who can afford iPhones outside the developed world and can afford unlimited data plans and universal WiFi. There's a few billion people out there who don't have these things and WhatsApp fills in a legitimate gap.

A lot more people don't realize this versus knowing that Apple doesn't compress files.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    12-28-2017 11:08 AM
    Of all the people I know personally in the U.S., I don't know of a single one using WhatsApp. I have some friends outside the U.S. that use it.

I can't picture ever getting my mom, dad, or a number of other people to ever install it on their phone, much less use it. Why should they, iMessaging works perfectly for them, even when texting non iPhone users.
    I can point out a lot more people in USA who use WhatsApp. Actually our work place created a WhatsApp group during the recent fires in the LA area - one started behind our work building and we got evacuated - to keep all 800 employees connected.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    12-28-2017 11:10 AM
    I can point out a lot more people in USA who use WhatsApp. Actually our work place created a WhatsApp group during the recent fires in the LA area - one started behind our work building and we got evacuated - to keep all 800 employees connected.
    I'm sure there are plenty of people in the U.S. who use it, but it seems a lot more prevalent outside the U.S. where people don't have unlimited text messaging and there aren't as many iPhones. But why should people who don't have those limitations use it?
    12-28-2017 12:43 PM
    I'm sure there are plenty of people in the U.S. who use it, but it seems a lot more prevalent outside the U.S. where people don't have unlimited text messaging and there aren't as many iPhones. But why should people who don't have those limitations use it?
    I'm on your side with this 100%. Making iPhone users (especially all of my family members) to download an extra app that they will only use for me is an annoyance. I've been there and done that when I was an Android user. They also 99% of the time forget to intitiate the video chat or video message through that dedicated app I made them download so more times than none I am receiving compresses blobs of video messages. iMessage does what no other embedded main text messaging app does. Let's face it, if iMessage/FaceTime were apps available on android phones there would be a massive surge in android users.

WhatsApp and WeChat are two international apps, I work with people in China and that is all they use to communicate...besides email. It is being used in the US as well but it's vastly used internationally.
    12-28-2017 01:25 PM
    Personally, I don't like this proliferation of communication apps. When I'm at work I've got people calling on the office phone, my cellphone, my work email, my personal email, chat at work via Google Hangouts (which can also be used on both iOS and Android), and texting. It can be a bit overwhelming all those things at once. Then there are some people that also use Facebook messenger to contact me. I never understood the need for that app, aren't there already enough ways to get a hold of people? end of rant
    12-28-2017 02:24 PM
    Personally, I don't like this proliferation of communication apps. When I'm at work I've got people calling on the office phone, my cellphone, my work email, my personal email, chat at work via Google Hangouts (which can also be used on both iOS and Android), and texting. It can be a bit overwhelming all those things at once. Then there are some people that also use Facebook messenger to contact me. I never understood the need for that app, aren't there already enough ways to get a hold of people? end of rant
    Eventually all that will be combined into one thing. Voice calls, video calls and messaging. There will be no need for a phone # or SMS. If you combined the functionality of WhatsApp, FB messenger, hangouts, Skype, iMessage and FaceTime you’d have everything covered. We could then just use data to communicate over. We could change devices daily if we chose to because our comms wouldn’t be tied to a phone # and SIM card.
    12-28-2017 02:51 PM
    You forgot to add that the battery life on the 2 XL can last two days with moderate use. I was lucky to last a full day on a single charge with the iPhone X, frequently topping it off at the end of the work day.
    12-28-2017 05:02 PM
    You forgot to add that the battery life on the 2 XL can last two days with moderate use. I was lucky to last a full day on a single charge with the iPhone X, frequently topping it off at the end of the work day.
    2 days?!?!?! That is extremelyyyy hard to believe. I had the phone for 7 days never did it last me that long and I am not a heavy user. I go from the minute I wake up at 630-7am all the way to the time I go to bed with my X. I even have 20-40% left before I toss it on my wireless charging pad on my nightstand at bedtime. Wait, the pixel doesn’t have wireless charging yet. It took Apple long enough but for an android device to still not have it is quite a letdown.
    12-28-2017 09:15 PM
    Thanks for your explanation. This is all what I already knew, which is nothing drastic I just wanted to see how people think it’s life changing! There are minor minor differences, not enough to say that a google pixel is needed for google integration.

In comparison, an iPhone is NEEDED for
    iMessage, FaceTime, HomeKit, etc.
    Well yeah iPhone is needed for those since they are Apple only. Google wants everyone to use their services -- they don't close out people that aren't using their OS .
    12-28-2017 10:35 PM
    2 days?!?!?! That is extremelyyyy hard to believe. I had the phone for 7 days never did it last me that long and I am not a heavy user. I go from the minute I wake up at 630-7am all the way to the time I go to bed with my X. I even have 20-40% left before I toss it on my wireless charging pad on my nightstand at bedtime. Wait, the pixel doesn’t have wireless charging yet. It took Apple long enough but for an android device to still not have it is quite a letdown.
    I had a 2 XL for 2 weeks and have iPhone X now. Battery life seems pretty similar to me.
    12-29-2017 05:11 AM
65 123